SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nat u pay at paymaster..do it before u go to the interview..i've seen them get mad if u don't :)..oo it should across the street fro mthe embassy

paymaster doesn't do it anymore

ncb does it now and they are VERY disgusting

and do not trust what their call center tells you because you will go into the bank and hear a different story

i beleive you need your passport and the jamaican equivalent because they don't accept USD (so disgusting, you can't bring your own, they have to sell it to you :angry: )

well let me qualify this, i know this is where you pay for a visitor's visa

i'm not sure if this is the same place you pay for your type of visa but its the same fee and the same form i beleive so its probably the same place

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all!

Did anyone know that Continental offers Compassion (Bereavement) Fares?

Continental offers special discounts on fares (round-trip or one-way) in the event of a death or serious illness (requiring hospitalization or hospice care) of an immediate family member.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/conte...on/default.aspx

That's nice of them.

Nat, most airlines offer them - They used to be offered at around 50% off - now they are around a 15% discount or so.

Hey yall, hope everyone had a better day!

Congrats on the interview Nat, it has been a long time coming!!

Sus, Glad to hear DJ is doing a little better!!

Thanks Portland -

Sus.....I hope all is ok with DJ.....not sure what happened but i noticed a few responses in the last cpl pages making me think something is going on......hang in there girl

i didnt go back and catch up on too much casue the babes are in their room babbling which means they are gonna want out of the cribs soon i am sure and i gota begin getting ready for work while i am "free" or i will be going in PJs and looking a hot mess LOL......

hope everyone is having a good week.....

Hey Cara - DJ is in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer - he's been in there for over a week. We got him moved Mon to a private hospital - but it appears that someone has stolen his phone, and his family doesn't seem to be grasping that they need to friggin call me or answer the phone when I call so that I know what's going on :angry:

Nat u pay at paymaster..do it before u go to the interview..i've seen them get mad if u don't :)..oo it should across the street fro mthe embassy

paymaster doesn't do it anymore

ncb does it now and they are VERY disgusting

and do not trust what their call center tells you because you will go into the bank and hear a different story

i beleive you need your passport and the jamaican equivalent because they don't accept USD (so disgusting, you can't bring your own, they have to sell it to you :angry: )

well let me qualify this, i know this is where you pay for a visitor's visa

i'm not sure if this is the same place you pay for your type of visa but its the same fee and the same form i beleive so its probably the same place

What do you mean you can't bring your own? You can't bring your own Jamaican - you have to pay in US and let them exchange it?

Here's the fee info from the embassy site:

A visa application fee of $131 U.S. dollars must be paid (in Jamaican dollars at the exchange rate set by the U.S. Embassy) for the NIV interview. For Jamaican residents, you may pay this fee through your local National Commercial Bank branch. For residents of other nations, you may pay this fee at the cashier’s window in the U.S. Embassy on the morning of your appointment.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

sus, you can't bring your own USD

so you have to buy it from them at their rate as opposed to getting it cheaper outta road

upherebl.gif

Filed: Timeline

I haven't slept for two days now...last night my girlfriend's grandmother passed all of her organs shut down then she went into cardiac arrest, we watched them work on her -- then my girlfriend told them to stop because her grandmother wouldn't want people working on her like that and she's young only 72. I feel bad because I won't be here to help her with the planning for the services. She's also pregnant and has young kids that start school in a few weeks.

Sus; how is DJ? Link me when u wake.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

tre how is grandma?

upherebl.gif

tre how is grandma?

mawnin Bunz; not good, but she was well enough to tell the hospital staff fi go dead a bush n tap feel ar up -- so, her head and MOUTH is still working. She has limited movement on the left side. She always manages to pull through and I'm praying this is one of those times, but she told me lastnight she's really tired of this and next time she don't want to go to no dutty hospital.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your friend Lawny and Grandma - will be praying for her -

Last update I had on DJ was that he was doing a little better - but of course, no one could call me last night so that I could talk to him or to give me more of an update, and either the bloodclaat stole his phone and tossed it or used it, shut it off and put it back - cause it's off -

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OUR CASE WENT TO THE EMBASSY YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THANK YOU LORD!!!!

Steve and Tracey's Timeline

K-1 Visa

02-18-2009: I-129F Sent

02-24-2009: Confirmation from USPS I-129 received at VSC

02-26-2009: Hard copy of NOA1 received

06-30-2009: Received Email - CASE APPROVED!!!!

07-01-2009: Touched

07-03-2009: Hard copy of NOA2 received

07-10-2009: NVC received our case

07-15-2009: Touched for the 2nd time, called NVC gave us our case number!

08-04-2009: Left NVC/case forwarded to the Embassy!!!!!

Comments : The night that we got engaged 6-30-09 is the same date our I-129F was approved!!!!

Last update I had on DJ was that he was doing a little better - but of course, no one could call me last night so that I could talk to him or to give me more of an update, and either the bloodclaat stole his phone and tossed it or used it, shut it off and put it back - cause it's off -

Sus, I pray everything works out for you and that DJ gets better soon! Those people that are doing harm, nothing good will come of them!

WTH!

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
tre how is grandma?

mawnin Bunz; not good, but she was well enough to tell the hospital staff fi go dead a bush n tap feel ar up -- so, her head and MOUTH is still working. She has limited movement on the left side. She always manages to pull through and I'm praying this is one of those times, but she told me lastnight she's really tired of this and next time she don't want to go to no dutty hospital.

This tickled me a lil because my grandma was the same way! They get fiesty! She is in my prayers. When loved ones get sick I always pray for the folk that care for them because truthfully they are the ones left here on earth to try to make sense of the things that happen to our loved ones. So I pray extra hard for you Lawny and your family!

Thanks Ms.Tee;

I know I may be late, but did ya'll know that Spirit Airlines buy Air Jamaica (maybe I read that wrong) and they going to change the name to Spirit of Jamaica

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Thanks Ms.Tee;

I know I may be late, but did ya'll know that Spirit Airlines buy Air Jamaica (maybe I read that wrong) and they going to change the name to Spirit of Jamaica

Yup!

Here's an interesting one - Revenge on a cheating hubby with glue

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2...or_ambush_.html

:rofl: :rofl:

Thanks Ms.Tee;

Yup!

Here's an interesting one - Revenge on a cheating hubby with glue

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2...or_ambush_.html

:rofl::rofl:

thanks sus, I really needed to laugh...that was funny

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
OUR CASE WENT TO THE EMBASSY YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you know?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.