SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thompson2B, I just read your embassy experience for the first time. Wow! I didn't know you had gone through all that. Thanks for sharing your story. For one thing, I know to bring my passport in with me.

Bunz, Lisa is my favorite.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Apparently @ the embassy, there is one guy that loves to recycle his jokes. He told the same joke to ToAliWithLove's group as he told to Kerran's group a month earlier (Good news / bad news).

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thompson2B, I just read your embassy experience for the first time. Wow! I didn't know you had gone through all that. Thanks for sharing your story. For one thing, I know to bring my passport in with me.

Bunz, Lisa is my favorite.

Yea Nat it was crazy for sure. I think you have gone through enough drama just to get the interview so smooth sailings for the actual interview. :thumbs:

Timeline

Thompson2B (or anyone who recently did it), is there a place to pay the $131 close to the embassy?

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Tre, I laugh every time I read your embassy review (at least 3 times). Especially how you started laughing when your then-fiance cried after being approved.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Sus I am sorry about DJ, my prayers goes out to both of you

Finesse sorry about the tire

Hope you feel better soon Tre

It seems like its just a all around bad monday.

A co worker and myself lost our jobs today... they say they are downsizing.... such is life

The funny thing is that we both just got back off of maternity leave in March.

It will give me the push I need to move out of state anyways so I just look at it as a blessing

Sorry to hear about the job situation especially with an infant to take care of, I like that positive outlook you have.

I agree sometimes we do need that extra push to move onto better things.

MONI_CALLA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nat- When my fiance was having trouble at his local NCB getting someone to understand about the fiance visa fee, Tre told me not to worry because it can be paid at the embassy. I did see a cashier window and saw people using it. However, I don't think they like it if you do that, so if you can pay it before I would. I'm sure someone else more familair with Kingston will tell you where you can pay ahead of time that is close by. I'm so thankful to Tre though because I was panicking and it was nice to know as a worst case scenario that it can be paid right at the embassy.

I never saw Tre's review. I have to look for it now.

Timeline
He can't even help me pick out songs for the DJ or even what our 'first dance' song should be. I guess we don't really have 'our song'. For some reason, his lack of assistance with the song choices is bugging me....he was snoozing by 9:00 last night & here I am trying to gather together a list of things to give the DJ. Then he wants to wake up at 4:30 a.m. & start wiggling his foot in bed.....he almost got banished to the couch this morning.

Ells :wow:

Is this the Ells I know?

IMO, you should express how you feel to him. I know you may feel like this is something he should be doing without you asking...but sometimes people really don't know what ur expectations are. I'm sure he'll help you out.

:luv:

I've made it abundantly clear I want help & we've attempted to sit down on a few occasions to do this. At this point, I am just putting together a list the best I can.

wow..then why bother? then u"ll be divorced soon

Well, I do still have 4 days to change my mind. We could just have a big party since that's already paid for & forget the ceremony. Of course, nothing is screaming in my head to run the other way so I suppose like any marriage, it's a matter of taking a chance. At worst, we'll divorce & I'll start collecting cats & he'll have a greencard. That's a win/win situation for both of us.

Please don't become a cat lady!!!! I have a friend that is a cat lady and well you know how that goes...........

MONI_CALLA

Timeline
Tre, I laugh every time I read your embassy review (at least 3 times). Especially how you started laughing when your then-fiance cried after being approved.

I had to go and read it after I saw this comment and I started to laugh so hard, it is so funny!!! I can literally picture every part of it, I could so picture myself getting bright if they try that ISH with me in Montreal!!!!!!!

Thompson2B (or anyone who recently did it), is there a place to pay the $131 close to the embassy?

Check Scotiabank, they have an account for the US embassy but not too sure if you can send it from JA but it is worth looking into.

MONI_CALLA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nat u pay at paymaster..do it before u go to the interview..i've seen them get mad if u don't :)..oo it should across the street fro mthe embassy

Edited by Hotlegz

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I like Lisa too..but sometimes she tries to prove she's kool too much...if u know what i'm saying..Kim neesd to go sidung somewhere

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Morning, All

Today is my super duper early day at work... but at least I'll get off early.

Thanks, Hotlegz. I'll check out the place across the street. I plan to get there a day early & will go drive by the embassy to get a feel for things in advance.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

MORNING LADIES!

CONGRATS NAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST AROUND THE CORNER NOW!

Tre.....i am keeping your family in my prayers and hope your grandmother feels better.....

Sus.....I hope all is ok with DJ.....not sure what happened but i noticed a few responses in the last cpl pages making me think something is going on......hang in there girl

i didnt go back and catch up on too much casue the babes are in their room babbling which means they are gonna want out of the cribs soon i am sure and i gota begin getting ready for work while i am "free" or i will be going in PJs and looking a hot mess LOL......

hope everyone is having a good week.....

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline
Nat u pay at paymaster..do it before u go to the interview..i've seen them get mad if u don't :)..oo it should across the street fro mthe embassy

paymaster doesn't do it anymore

ncb does it now and they are VERY disgusting

and do not trust what their call center tells you because you will go into the bank and hear a different story

i beleive you need your passport and the jamaican equivalent because they don't accept USD (so disgusting, you can't bring your own, they have to sell it to you :angry: )

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
I like Lisa too..but sometimes she tries to prove she's kool too much...if u know what i'm saying..Kim neesd to go sidung somewhere

she's fake

she pretends she's neutral but she stays starting $hit. she was the one who carried nene's name to kim. as much as she denied it, who else that was there would have done it? plus she pretends to be supporting wife and when her husband got his contract all she could think about is how their life is gonna change......umm if he plays for the nfl, of course your life is gonna change!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.