7,074 posts in this topic

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

happy early annivesary belwin mills.. i started to put bm, but opted not to LOL

i am a city girl too.. mi nuh rate kuntri.. sorry tre LOL.. i like how we have all seasons, even tho the summers could be a bit cooler.. i like the getting more home for our money here..fl is only other place i thought of..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ells - All I can say hang in there with all the stress of planning a wedding. My husband did all the music for our USA wedding. He went to a free site and download a lot of music he liked. We put it all on an IPOD and had a speaker for it. Maybe he can burn a couple cds for the dJ guy or gal. He could be depressed in a new place and no friends around. :whistle:

Good News:

Well we celebrate 3 years of marriage on Saturday and its been almost 12 year sense we meet in JA. I feel old now.

Thanks Belwin! Mister is not computer literate so he can't help out there...would be great if he could. But I have taken into consideration that he probably is feeling homesick & lonely for some guy friends. I'm trying to remember those things but I still wish he'd take a more active role in all of this business.

On the happy note, CONGRATS on your 3 year anniversary! :thumbs::dance: I guess we'll have the same anniversary huh? (8/8)

mek mi ask oonu ah question..how old do u guys think I am?

Uh oh, here comes Lawny! Now we're gonna have one of Kimmy & Lawny's classic boxing matches. :lol::lol:

But I did just spend 20 minutes with my good friend at work planning the wedding shower I want him to organize for me for early November. We already decided on the decorations, cake (marble or yellow with Jamaica flag icing) and drink (ginger beer mixed with pineapple juice & sprite, and Ting). I also started thinking of what kinds of gifts to register for at Bed Bath & Beyond and Target.

Steven doesn't plan to bring much over here. We made the spreadsheet of what to purchase once he gets here a few months ago.

You just make me giggle Nat! :yes::lol:

ok, so who of you live in an urban, suburban or rural setting? which do you live and which do you prefer?

Right now I prefer urban because it has the most activity. When it came time to raising a child, I'd probably prefer suburban living since I still like my conveniences. I'm in San Francisco so I'm close to everything & I like it that way for now even though it's ridiculously expensive to live here.

bleeeeeeeeeerdstoooooooooooodnaught! di girl jump way ahead a wi

this interview trip was probably planned from she filed her 129F

wish i had some of your organisational skills girl

:rofl::rofl:

---------------------

JG, if those other real estate prices shock you, SF prices would floor you! I've seen 'studio' condos with sale prices of around 500k! The average home price in the neighborhood I live in is around 750K to 1 million. I'll never afford a home here. :no::no:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
happy early annivesary belwin mills.. i started to put bm, but opted not to LOL

i am a city girl too.. mi nuh rate kuntri.. sorry tre LOL.. i like how we have all seasons, even tho the summers could be a bit cooler.. i like the getting more home for our money here..fl is only other place i thought of..

LOL thanks :)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Bunz - Thought about Maryland?

i don't know why but it doesn't appeal to me

i think its because i have family there i don't get along with

but i'm gonna read up some more on it

but really and truly, in this economy, the life is whereever the job is

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

nay yardies around ells?? don't know if u went to any reggae functions or not.. or even maybe some of the african culture events u frequent.

friends def help.. yardie or not really.. just kind of helps the shyness if they fram yaad..

mr buggy and roger kick di ball dis weekend.. dem get tiyad to rass.. mi sey.. YALL OLD!!!

Timeline
i just imagine extreme heat, raging fires, and mega earthquakes when i think of anything in the state of california

California is very diverse & beautiful in many parts of the state. Some areas can be very hot in the summer but many places are pretty temperate. Yes, we have earthquakes but it is pretty rare. Of course, we'll get some big ones every 30 - 50 years but the rebuilding happens pretty quickly. To me the biggest down side of living in California is the cost of living. Other than that, it's a really great place to live with lots to do.

Timeline
Ells - All I can say hang in there with all the stress of planning a wedding. My husband did all the music for our USA wedding. He went to a free site and download a lot of music he liked. We put it all on an IPOD and had a speaker for it. Maybe he can burn a couple cds for the dJ guy or gal. He could be depressed in a new place and no friends around. :whistle:

Good News:

Well we celebrate 3 years of marriage on Saturday and its been almost 12 year sense we meet in JA. I feel old now.[

Thanks Belwin! Mister is not computer literate so he can't help out there...would be great if he could. But I have taken into consideration that he probably is feeling homesick & lonely for some guy friends. I'm trying to remember those things but I still wish he'd take a more active role in all of this business.

On the happy note, CONGRATS on your 3 year anniversary! :thumbs::dance: I guess we'll have the same anniversary huh? (8/8)

I guess we will have the same wedding anniversary!! How Awesome is that. The number 8 is so lucky. That day is my bday too ugh to turning older and wiser.

I think maybe he is homesick just looking back at our first months together we went through that. You should ask him. I just can't see not helping though cause my man helped me and was so excited to do another party but he also had many friends here already from my college. Maybe you could write down a list and ask which one to put on the disk. I don't know what else to say but hang in there and do what is best for you.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

ok, so who of you live in an urban, suburban or rural setting? which do you live and which do you prefer?

Love the city always lived in the city I love that everything is close by, easy access bodegas are a walk down your block LOL. I especially love the diversity it's such an eclectic city there are people from all cultures and we blend to create this fabulous community!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

Ells, maybe you need to try to seek out some familiar stuff for him -

Here's some JA places near San Fran -

http://www.yardiejerk.com/findus.html

http://sfvintagereggaesociety.blogspot.com/

http://www.reggaegoldsf.com/

http://www.janc.org/

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
nay yardies around ells?? don't know if u went to any reggae functions or not.. or even maybe some of the african culture events u frequent.

friends def help.. yardie or not really.. just kind of helps the shyness if they fram yaad..

mr buggy and roger kick di ball dis weekend.. dem get tiyad to rass.. mi sey.. YALL OLD!!!

There are a few yardies around but it just seems so hard to get together. Right now with money the way it is, we aren't going out much at all which doesn't help either of us but when things ease up a bit, we'll be going to some shows & events. Hopefully next year we'll be able to afford to go to some of the reggae camping fests.

So far my friends love him but it's been hard to find time to visit. I know things will calm down eventually & we'll settle into our regular routine.

I bet those guys were stoked to have eachother to kick the ball around with. They need to play more cause they're getting out of shape! LOL!

Timeline
my husband off work today and quess what?

he just called me and said he was bored so the neighbors are over :angry:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

you should start inviting yourself over to their place

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.