SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ells - All I can say hang in there with all the stress of planning a wedding. My husband did all the music for our USA wedding. He went to a free site and download a lot of music he liked. We put it all on an IPOD and had a speaker for it. Maybe he can burn a couple cds for the dJ guy or gal. He could be depressed in a new place and no friends around. :whistle:

Rum Cream yummy yummy yummy LOL. Hubby leaves for JA this Sunday can't wait for him to bring me back some and JJ loves Jamaican rum :devil::pop:

Sorry about all the sad news everyone. Hopefully things will turn around.

I love when I have time to read the yardies thread soon I will be back to work and to busy to read and hang. ;)

Good News:

Well we celebrate 3 years of marriage on Saturday and its been almost 12 year sense we meet in JA. I feel old now.

Best Place to Live

Where is the best place to live CHI Town West burbs like Batavia or Naperville. I am bias though LOL. If it wasn't IL for us it would be COCO Beach FL for sure.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bp.../PL1704078.html

I LOVE Chicago area. Just think it's too expensive for me to live there.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ells - All I can say hang in there with all the stress of planning a wedding. My husband did all the music for our USA wedding. He went to a free site and download a lot of music he liked. We put it all on an IPOD and had a speaker for it. Maybe he can burn a couple cds for the dJ guy or gal. He could be depressed in a new place and no friends around. :whistle:

Rum Cream yummy yummy yummy LOL. Hubby leaves for JA this Sunday can't wait for him to bring me back some and JJ loves Jamaican rum :devil::pop:

I love when I have time to read the yardies thread soon I will be back to work and to busy to read and hang. ;)

Good News:

Well we celebrate 3 years of marriage on Saturday and its been almost 12 year sense we meet in JA. I feel old now.

Best Place to Live

Where is the best place to live CHI Town West burbs like Batavia or Naperville. I am bias though LOL. If it wasn't IL for us it would be COCO Beach FL for sure.

now THAT is good news!!! great to hear!

Timeline
Missouri to far from the beach..man.

We have TIMES BEACH.....OMG, just made myself snort. Ask Dillon, Journee, or SG what that means. :devil:

We have beaches. We have more lakes, rivers, and streams then I can remember the names of. Just no ocean.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good News:

Best Place to Live

I LOVE Chicago area. Just think it's too expensive for me to live there.

It is expensive for sure. Right now we live in one of the farthest burbs and we want to move into a closer CHI town burb in the near future so we are saving because a 3 bed 2 bath town home goes for like 280 thousand. ugh one bad thing. Oh and a home is like 400 thousand. double sigh :wacko:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
But don't they sale rum cream in the states?

Haven't looked, but I bet they sell it at World Market. Irish cream is close... that's what I'll get sometimes (Irish cream on the rocks)

i really like austin texas too

Yeah. I was gonna suggest Austin. I loved the two summers I lived there. Houston, Texas is good for the diversity & cost of living, but a lot of people who move here don't like the size - it's really big so you tend to drive far to go from one place to the other.

I especially like that Houston is close to the Caribbean; it's easy to take a cruise or hop on a flight from here.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
It is expensive for sure. Right now we live in one of the farthest burbs and we want to move into a closer CHI town burb in the near future so we are saving because a 3 bed 2 bath town home goes for like 280 thousand. ugh one bad thing. Oh and a home is like 400 thousand. double sigh :wacko:

LOL, that's cheap compared to here - a 3 bed 2 bath town home is 400K and up!

I love Chicago too - lots of my cousins are out in that area -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Congrats Nat on your interview date!! :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

wha finesse.. u preggers??

no...better dan dat!!

The Mister is preggers?

smiley-laughing008.gif

who else ave good news?

mi ave rum cream

nat have interview

kk love har husband so much she can't stand it

I have news, my Banana tree is so tall it towers the miserable copy cat neighbors fence so she is hotter than fish grease! this smiley is for her LOL smiley-finger007.gif

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

btw, congrats nat

i bet you busy making lists now, compiling stuff, writing down all sorts of things in excel

yuh start yuh excel sheet about what to pack yet?

The question is if she has started the spreadsheet for what he is going to pack to come over.. :lol:

Ha. Ha. Ha. (NOT!)

But I did just spend 20 minutes with my good friend at work planning the wedding shower I want him to organize for me for early November. We already decided on the decorations, cake (marble or yellow with Jamaica flag icing) and drink (ginger beer mixed with pineapple juice & sprite, and Ting). I also started thinking of what kinds of gifts to register for at Bed Bath & Beyond and Target.

Steven doesn't plan to bring much over here. We made the spreadsheet of what to purchase once he gets here a few months ago.

I knew you had some kind of spreadsheet...lol

What does Steven say about the spreadsheet madness?

Does he have a nickname?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
wha finesse.. u preggers??

no...better dan dat!!

The Mister is preggers?

smiley-laughing008.gif

who else ave good news?

mi ave rum cream

nat have interview

kk love har husband so much she can't stand it

I have news, my Banana tree is so tall it towers the miserable copy cat neighbors fence so she is hotter than fish grease! this smiley is for her LOL smiley-finger007.gif

ha ha :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: mi love dat smiley

Timeline
btw, congrats nat

i bet you busy making lists now, compiling stuff, writing down all sorts of things in excel

yuh start yuh excel sheet about what to pack yet?

The question is if she has started the spreadsheet for what he is going to pack to come over.. :lol:

Ha. Ha. Ha. (NOT!)

But I did just spend 20 minutes with my good friend at work planning the wedding shower I want him to organize for me for early November. We already decided on the decorations, cake (marble or yellow with Jamaica flag icing) and drink (ginger beer mixed with pineapple juice & sprite, and Ting). I also started thinking of what kinds of gifts to register for at Bed Bath & Beyond and Target.

Steven doesn't plan to bring much over here. We made the spreadsheet of what to purchase once he gets here a few months ago.

bleeeeeeeeeerdstoooooooooooodnaught! di girl jump way ahead a wi

this interview trip was probably planned from she filed her 129F

wish i had some of your organisational skills girl

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

ok, so who of you live in an urban, suburban or rural setting? which do you live and which do you prefer?

I won't do rural settings. I like to have a grocery store close by my house. Not going 15 miles to next town for a general store. Just not for me.

I can do urban or suburban. I go for more suburban when I have kids. Right now I'm in the suburbs!! Only place I could afford a house.

Timeline
ok, so who of you live in an urban, suburban or rural setting? which do you live and which do you prefer?

I live in the city. Have almost always lived in the city.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.