So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where are the best places to live in the states? i'm doing some research

no fighting now kids!

I like Florida, Baltimore, Washington DC and Atlanta.

I'm not sure how I'll do on the West Coast. But I'm sure southern cali has great weather.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

St. Louis, Missouri to be exact, Bunz.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Finesse - u used to live in Maryland? Which part?

silver spring

really? Why did u move? Dang that would've been a cool VJ meet up.

Move back.. :wacko:

i've thought about it but i am just so comfortable right now....plus i don't want to put up with that traffic but there is a lot that i miss bout it

i'm originally from here.....my ex (baby father) is from dc so i lived there for 5 years

we could link up same way.....i have a ton of friends in maryland...greenbelt, laurel, germantown, gaithersburg...dc and va too

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

no fighting now kids!

Missouri.

Cheap

Decent housing

Jobs

Good public schools can be found

Diverse communities

Decent weather

Few natural disasters

Smack dab in the middle of the US

IMO

muy muy importante

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

silver spring

really? Why did u move? Dang that would've been a cool VJ meet up.

Move back.. :wacko:

i've thought about it but i am just so comfortable right now....plus i don't want to put up with that traffic but there is a lot that i miss bout it

i'm originally from here.....my ex (baby father) is from dc so i lived there for 5 years

we could link up same way.....i have a ton of friends in maryland...greenbelt, laurel, germantown, gaithersburg...dc and va too

Whooo hooo!!! :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ells - All I can say hang in there with all the stress of planning a wedding. My husband did all the music for our USA wedding. He went to a free site and download a lot of music he liked. We put it all on an IPOD and had a speaker for it. Maybe he can burn a couple cds for the dJ guy or gal. He could be depressed in a new place and no friends around. :whistle:

Rum Cream yummy yummy yummy LOL. Hubby leaves for JA this Sunday can't wait for him to bring me back some and JJ loves Jamaican rum :devil::pop:

Sorry about all the sad news everyone. Hopefully things will turn around.

I love when I have time to read the yardies thread soon I will be back to work and to busy to read and hang. ;)

Good News:

Well we celebrate 3 years of marriage on Saturday and its been almost 12 year sense we meet in JA. I feel old now.

Best Place to Live

Where is the best place to live CHI Town West burbs like Batavia or Naperville. I am bias though LOL. If it wasn't IL for us it would be COCO Beach FL for sure.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bp.../PL1704078.html

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

hello yardies.. sorry been trying to stay busy at work and youngest start skool monday..and got my child support meeting notice in the mail..gosh my stomach is turning flips..

ive skimmed thru and i am so sorry about all the loss and bad news.. yesterday was a very hard day for the yardies.. but like jawi said, whenever the devil is busy its cuz he see how close we are to a blessing and wants us to give up.. the loss we go thru is victory for that sick person cuz they can finally lay down all the burdens of this world..

LOVE YOU ALL...

kimmy.. i know about how old ur are.. really close to me i think.. btween 28 and 32

kk.. i too am scared of the closed sew in.. i've seen wigs that look more natural sometimes.. but sometimes they look nice ??????

i too want a sew in so bad, but i just can't see me straightenig my hair that often.. i wish i was courageous to wear a lace front, but im scared of that whole glue thing.. this girl ahd one that was BEAUTIFUL.. and it was really undectable EXCEPT i could see lil globs of white.guess the glue UGGHHHHHH..

i don't think my hair is a good texture to leave out even w/ the wavy hair unless i put mousse on it everyday.. do u suggest that philly???

1 luv.. NUUUHHHHHHHHH CREEEEAAAAAAMMMMMMM lol..

ells.. i feel ya babygirl.. i can't stand no man nuh wan help :angry: u right jg.. that is NORMAL.. i did everything for my wedding BUT if ya nuh wan ie like that.. MEK HIM KNOA!.. but give it some time.. u spoiled him my gyal..( ducks while yardies throw bricks lol) u was always talking bout holding his hand thru this and that.. its ok to support but we want a MAN, so we can't treat them so and then expect them to man up.. let him know how u feel and he will adjust im sure..love u and ur wedding will all come together at the end.. u WATCH..

Hey Quanna,

Your youngest starts school Monday :wow: that is early, I started getting school supplies but not uniforms UGHHH

You nervous about the child support notice, did you petition for an increase?

If you keep some of your hair out pon top just keep it conditioned and unfortunately you will probably have to put something in it to keep the texture. There is a great product by Elasta QP mango butter, I swear by it. It's not heavy and it hold curl and maintains your texture, I love it for my curly styles.

Thanks ladies! We need some good Yardie news NOW, approvals, babies, weddings ( positive vibes ) to all.

I have some! :dance::dance: I got back from my gazillion meetings and had an email from the embassy. They couldn't give us the interview date on Sept 7, as requested, but gave us Sept 14! :dance:

Congrats Nat I told yuh get through! smiley-dance011.gif

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

no fighting now kids!

Missouri.

Cheap

Decent housing

Jobs

Good public schools can be found

Diverse communities

Decent weather

Few natural disasters

Smack dab in the middle of the US

IMO

muy muy importante

Flat lands get tornados on occassion. We have so many moutains and hills, not likely. I've never seen one in my lifetime.

There is always the chance of an earthquake. Felt a few tremors in my life; but never a full blown (well, except in JA, ironically!). They are a possibility pretty much everywhere though.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
mek mi ask oonu ah question..how old do u guys think I am?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

silver spring

finesse I live in Silver Spring

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
btw, congrats nat

i bet you busy making lists now, compiling stuff, writing down all sorts of things in excel

yuh start yuh excel sheet about what to pack yet?

The question is if she has started the spreadsheet for what he is going to pack to come over.. :lol:

Ha. Ha. Ha. (NOT!)

But I did just spend 20 minutes with my good friend at work planning the wedding shower I want him to organize for me for early November. We already decided on the decorations, cake (marble or yellow with Jamaica flag icing) and drink (ginger beer mixed with pineapple juice & sprite, and Ting). I also started thinking of what kinds of gifts to register for at Bed Bath & Beyond and Target.

Steven doesn't plan to bring much over here. We made the spreadsheet of what to purchase once he gets here a few months ago.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.