SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
How My Guinep Made It Through Customs

I had a huge internal debate on whether to declare the guinep, but decided to be honest. I had packed half in one bag & half in another. On the customs form, I went ahead and checked "Yes" for fruit, vegetables, & food. On the other side, I wrote "rum cake" and "guinep." When I went through the first check point, I knew from how long it took the officer to look at my passport results and from his typing & writing that I was headed to secondary inspection. After writing on my customs & boarding patrol form, he asked me what guinep is. I told him a round green thing. He asked if it is a fruit or vegetable. I said I'm not 100% sure what it is. He asked if it grows on a tree or plant. I said I'm not sure what it grows on, as I buy it from people off the street. He shrugged & said "okay." He then handed me the form and I saw the writing on it. "Secondary inspection?" I asked, holding up the form. "Yeah," he responded sheepishly.

Secondary Inspection

While the guy scanned my passport, I asked him what the difference was from the purple folder I was given and the blue folders that people in the other line had. He told me purple is for random checks, blue is for checks based on what people declare (such as large sums of money), and green folders are given to people bringing agricultural items. When he said that, I realized that I was NOT selected due to having guinep. He asked me if I'm bringing any fruit, vegetables, food, or alcohol. I told him that I had rum cake, Ting (which I forgot to declare), and guinep. He told me that since Ting isn't alcohol, I don't have to declare it. I said "I guess I considered it in the food category." He said, "Nah. That's like water." Seeing my 9 trips, he asked me who pays for my tickets. :angry: "I do!" He asked what I do for a living. I told him. Then he asked me if I had family in Jamaica. I told him I have a fiance. We talked about the K1 visa and I told him that our case is taking a lot longer than most peoples'. When he went to search my bags, he only checked one compartment of one bag, and barely that. Then he told me I'm through.

Take-away Tips

• Offer little info about the questionable item you're bringing
  • Ask lots of questions about the process, so the person can display their knowledge
  • Talk about random stuff

How I snuck EVERYTHING through customs: put it in carryon or checked bag and walk on through!!!!!!!

What are your feelings about seeking revenge?

I think people that seek revenge are pathetic. Find a way to move on.

BOAL!! how did i know you would say something like this? :rofl:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Feeling FUSTRATED and OVERWHELMED going for a walk. I don't want to hear anymore bad news today.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Mawning Quanna & Finesse

Yuh Early Mawning Yearning for Jermaine Jackson will soon be ova, he soon reach LOL

u silly!!!

Haaaa Quanna

whagwaan tiddeh? I'm trying to be like you all grown and sexy! I wish I had enough energy at night to go our with Hubby and dance all night. I am going to plan a special night for us this weekend I don't really want to go to a club but he wants to check out the scene here is Philly, so dat means Jafaicans UGHHH LOL

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning Ladies, mi busy tiddeh again but try to chat it up wid mi yardies! Hubby had me in Home depot till dem close and put us out :blink: and we have a guh back tonight again to exchange.

What are you Ladies doing this weekend any exciting plans, we are going to the African Festival at Penns Landing and work inna deh garden :D

I am taking 5 guests to my pool to listen to some music and let the kids run wild and wear themselves out tonight.

Tomorrow doing a little shopping, some swimming, and doing something for my birthday.

Sunday is softball and I think a friend of mine is taking me out to dinner for my birthday.

Good week ends with a good weekend!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey Philly, she has a back up dress. My plan was to ditch out after the reception cause I deal with her mother. The dress she's waiting is the one her mother bought for too damn much, I could have bought a good used car and the mom is pushing her to wear that foo foo dress cause it's made by vera 'rass' wang. She has a beautiful dress from david's bridal which she paid a little over $1500 for. Since her mom paid for most of the expenses she's running things and if she ask me one more time if I'm wearing a girdle I'm tell her like I did last week, HELL NO I plan on bouncing down the aisle in my tong

WOWWWIIIIIIEEEEE... i can't wait to hear the end a dis!!

I KNOW ME EITHER

They may be nothing to tell my mom just called me...the girl that's getting married her other sister just dropped out, so now it's really uneven with the groomen. I so HATE drama. These are sisters from her father's side and the mom is extremely rude and hurtful towards them, because of what happen years ago. I knew this was comming...there's another word for people who always want to be in CONTROL of every damn thing.

and so the drama begins!!!! i really feel for her.. its supposed to be here day dyamit!! why can't everybody just get along for har??

thats why mine was my way only.. nobody come try fi take ova!

but i wasn't no bridezilla either..

this one wedding i was in the bride was CRYING that morning cuz her MIL nuh come.. my MIL nuh come eidda??? mi nuh cyare.. dis my day!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:angry::angry:

AWW FINESE WHY YOU SO ANGRY

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
How My Guinep Made It Through Customs

I had a huge internal debate on whether to declare the guinep, but decided to be honest. I had packed half in one bag & half in another. On the customs form, I went ahead and checked "Yes" for fruit, vegetables, & food. On the other side, I wrote "rum cake" and "guinep." When I went through the first check point, I knew from how long it took the officer to look at my passport results and from his typing & writing that I was headed to secondary inspection. After writing on my customs & boarding patrol form, he asked me what guinep is. I told him a round green thing. He asked if it is a fruit or vegetable. I said I'm not 100% sure what it is. He asked if it grows on a tree or plant. I said I'm not sure what it grows on, as I buy it from people off the street. He shrugged & said "okay." He then handed me the form and I saw the writing on it. "Secondary inspection?" I asked, holding up the form. "Yeah," he responded sheepishly.

Secondary Inspection

While the guy scanned my passport, I asked him what the difference was from the purple folder I was given and the blue folders that people in the other line had. He told me purple is for random checks, blue is for checks based on what people declare (such as large sums of money), and green folders are given to people bringing agricultural items. When he said that, I realized that I was NOT selected due to having guinep. He asked me if I'm bringing any fruit, vegetables, food, or alcohol. I told him that I had rum cake, Ting (which I forgot to declare), and guinep. He told me that since Ting isn't alcohol, I don't have to declare it. I said "I guess I considered it in the food category." He said, "Nah. That's like water." Seeing my 9 trips, he asked me who pays for my tickets. :angry: "I do!" He asked what I do for a living. I told him. Then he asked me if I had family in Jamaica. I told him I have a fiance. We talked about the K1 visa and I told him that our case is taking a lot longer than most peoples'. When he went to search my bags, he only checked one compartment of one bag, and barely that. Then he told me I'm through.

Take-away Tips

• Offer little info about the questionable item you're bringing
  • Ask lots of questions about the process, so the person can display their knowledge
  • Talk about random stuff

How I snuck EVERYTHING through customs: put it in carryon or checked bag and walk on through!!!!!!!

What are your feelings about seeking revenge?

I think people that seek revenge are pathetic. Find a way to move on.

BOAL!! how did i know you would say something like this? :rofl:

Don't really like rules much! :innocent:

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Mawning Quanna & Finesse

Yuh Early Mawning Yearning for Jermaine Jackson will soon be ova, he soon reach LOL

u silly!!!

Haaaa Quanna

whagwaan tiddeh? I'm trying to be like you all grown and sexy! I wish I had enough energy at night to go our with Hubby and dance all night. I am going to plan a special night for us this weekend I don't really want to go to a club but he wants to check out the scene here is Philly, so dat means Jafaicans UGHHH LOL

thats wha mrs buggy hubby say.. too many JAFAICANs at di club LOL.. i say, imitation is the highest compliment :whistle:

Timeline
:angry::angry:

AWW FINESE WHY YOU SO ANGRY

just don't want to be at work

I FEEL YOU IM GETTING READY TO GO TO WORK ... AND I DONT WANNNA

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

WELL LADIES IM HEADING TO WORK HOPE EVERYONE DAY GOES WELL . HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ...

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
WELL LADIES IM HEADING TO WORK HOPE EVERYONE DAY GOES WELL . HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ...

u have a good one too my2. don't worry.. its friday..

mi nuh knoa finesse, but im hungry and a nice cheesecake would be good for me right now.. ooo and some barbecue.. hmmm dickeys for lunch i think..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.