SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
stereotype not always a bad ting.....prejudice and stereotyping is 2 totally different tings

from wikipedia:

One reason people stereotype is that it is too difficult to take in all of the complexities of other people. Even though stereotyping is inaccurate, it is efficient. Categorization is an essential human capability because it enables us to simplify, predict, and organize our world. Once one has sorted and organized everyone into tidy categories, there is every incentive to avoid processing new or unexpected information about each individual. Assigning general group characteristics to members of that group saves time and satisfies the need to predict the social world.

oh is that what it is..wah happen to wi all one people inna different color bodies :P

ROFL! 'DOH' is what I picked up from watching the Simpsons. Homer always says that when something goes wrong or if someone says something that surprises him. I use it when someone says something surprising! :lol::lol:

ONGLY YUH! LOL

Okay, I finally made it to the "Yardie" thread!!! *Waiving hiiiiiiiiiiiii* to everyone!

yeaaa!! welcome!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
And did I miss a picture or something? Finesse isn't Black?!???

:rofl:

Nat go back to 343 and there is a picture of Finesse's son and then half way down another one of her and her step daughter. I'll admit it too, I though Finesse was black. I'm trying to think why though and I can't figure it out :unsure:

:rofl::rofl:

Ells, Sus, explain to me why you like the "I Hate Sandcastles" picture. Is there something I'm missing in it?

I like the picture because of the look on the baby's face & the little clenched fist full of sand. It's such an adult look but I'm sure the intention is different. Although you can see the other crying baby with the destroyed castle in the background even though it's fuzzy. The caption is funny since it's probably irrelevant to the actual picture....I dunno, can't explain very well but it just makes me laugh!

I make coffee here if I see it nearly empty. And, I don't even drink that #######.

I don't know how to make a proper cup of coffee so I don't bother with it. I can put the grounds in & pour in the water, but I have no idea how much makes it taste right....I leave that to the coffee drinkers.

Anyone else REALLY restless right now? I can't explain feeling; but it's driving me crazy.

YES! I need to go check where we are in the full moon cycle. I usually get really restless around that time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
stereotype not always a bad ting.....prejudice and stereotyping is 2 totally different tings

from wikipedia:

One reason people stereotype is that it is too difficult to take in all of the complexities of other people. Even though stereotyping is inaccurate, it is efficient. Categorization is an essential human capability because it enables us to simplify, predict, and organize our world. Once one has sorted and organized everyone into tidy categories, there is every incentive to avoid processing new or unexpected information about each individual. Assigning general group characteristics to members of that group saves time and satisfies the need to predict the social world.

oh is that what it is..wah happen to wi all one people inna different color bodies :P

ROFL! 'DOH' is what I picked up from watching the Simpsons. Homer always says that when something goes wrong or if someone says something that surprises him. I use it when someone says something surprising! :lol::lol:

ONGLY YUH! LOL

Okay, I finally made it to the "Yardie" thread!!! *Waiving hiiiiiiiiiiiii* to everyone!

yeaaa!! welcome!

at the end of the day, we are the same......in a human sense

it would be foolish to say every race, ethnicity, gender, etc. has the same characteristics

Timeline
wow ja P.. kindergarten is 1/2 day the WHOLE year?? man.. ours is just the 1st week?? CAN she drive, maybe she could use ur car?? do u know any of the other kids' parents?? maybe somebody in the neighbor hood.. thats hard to believe all those parents just take off from work everyday

She does not have a license (long story :rolleyes: ) and I need my car to get to work :(

There is a bulletin board in the club house I could maybe post something asking if anyone else has a kid in kindergarten...

I could pay maybe $50 a week if they would just bring him home every day...

Still that's a lot of trust to put in a stranger just because they live close by :(

I don't know what the parents do :wacko:

And School here starts in 2 weeks!

Do they have an aftercare program you can sign him up for? Is he in afternoon Kindergarten? Didn't know they still had 1/2 day Kindergarten JAPrincess.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

it would be totally ignorant Finesse..but..specific stereotypes makes me sick...but what gets me is how do we now separate America..a group of ppl living together but stem from dif origins

kk - wha u usband gonna do wid $18 in quarters?

spend it baxide..but him a go find it hard fi walk round wid it..poor him

Do they have an aftercare program you can sign him up for? Is he in afternoon Kindergarten? Didn't know they still had 1/2 day Kindergarten JAPrincess.

I started to have that problem..so i put kimora in a catholic school until something opened up for the early childhood where i live..an dit did..paying jut 30 more from 7-6pm..God bless...Princess i hope something come about soon!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

lmao @ everyone thinking finesse was black

*guilty ..... :(

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

ONGLY YUH! LOL

is how yuh juss mek it in yah and already have your NOA2?? :angry:

*cuteye*

:DWELCOME :D

but a wah dis man.. :rofl:

Timeline
I love Steven so much for a zillion reasons.

One thing he did that made me cry this trip:

We went to KFC after he picked me up from the airport Sunday. I wasn't too hungry, so I told him "I'll just take a bite of yours." #1) He was okay with that (don't let me talk about my other male friends & their obsession with not sharing their food). He got a meal that had a leg, wing, thigh, & fries (knowing good & well he doesn't eat that much food). I said "Which piece of chicken do you like least? I'll take a bite of that one." The question seemed to upset him, but I didn't understand why. I said "Okay. I know you're not a leg fan, so I'll take a bite of that." He was like "Don't take the one I like the least. You can have the best of whatever I have!" It was precious cause it seemed that I upset him by even making that suggestion.

Awwww! That is so sweet! (In a funny, KFC story kind of way. LOL!) :lol::luv:

I a mess today guys. Have this ominous feeling deep in the pit of my stomach. It's so strong. It's really bringing me down. And REALLY starting to bother me. No reason really. Which, I suppose scares me even more.

You ever feel like that? How do I shake it? Just ride it out?????

Smoke some pot!

awwww....kashi does this always,..i"ll say do u want the last piece...he goes why? i say if u dont i"ll eat it..and he just says eat the dyam thing..LOL

That's sweet too! We have a bunch of sweet guys! Yesterday, mister came home from school a little sad cause he didn't pass a test. These were very hard, LONG words & I tried to tell him that this is for the best & remind him he's only been in school 6 weeks for an average of 2-3 days a week. He is really coming along well & has come a long way in just that short time. Anyway....here he is all bummed out but proceeds to pull a whole bunch of cookies wrapped in napkins out of his bag saying he 'thought of me' & wanted to share with me. There is a cooking class to train adults to go into culinary careers connected to his school so the students in his classes get to have free lunch & desserts made by the cooking school students. He then pilfered a whole bunch of cookies & brought them home to me! :luv:

LOL mY cousin doesn't have children so she loves having them around even though they are a pain LOL but she is not slick she uses them for manual labor too haaaa. At least she pays well so they love it, getting 20$ to sweep the steps and walk the dog around the block :blink: and foolnish like that, I need to go over there and pick up some extra cash :whistle:

I thought kids were for manual labor?!? :huh: LOL! What good are they if you can't use them to do stuff?? (Joking! Kinda....) After all, that's why families used to have so many children in the pioneer days of our country, those kids had to help with work on the farm.....get up & milk the cows at dawn, help Pa seed the fields, help Ma in the kitchen....there's a lot of work needs to be done!

Can I go over there & get some extra cash too? I need it. :yes:

I am so blessed..every person(friends from work) i know has had some kind of anxiety..takin pills for it and depression..i never knew ABOUT all these drugs until i worked with these ladies..love them..but i find them soo weak...forgive if i sound ignorant..but a just mi feelings...

I feel that way too. I hope I don't offend anyone here who may use those strategies to cope but I just feel like using those drugs is a VERY last ditch effort.

lawd ells..and dem still a cut pay after yuh a do every body wuk...LOL..do they cut based on cost of living?

ok smaddy enlighten mi..di last mi know DOH-DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH...

No, it's across the board for everyone. If anything, they should be paying those of us who work in San Francisco more because the cost of living is much higher here than many other places in the state. Rent alone will eat you up here. Then if you try to move out of the city & commute in, what you saved on rent is eaten up by the cost to commute! It's mad I tell ya! :bonk::wacko:

so hubby finally passed the driver's test. But he gotta pay in quarters for the permit. He took the train to the MVA (DMV) today. I told him I put 3 $20 bills and 5 $1 bills in you wallet. u fi use di bills fa di train ticket. No sah...im a big man...he puts the $20 in the ticket machine at train station and called me saying how they gave him $18 in QUARTERS back.

He doesn't listen...cho!!!

I glad he finally passed. :blush:

:rofl::rofl: Ah so ie go!

so alla oonu tink mi was black????

wha black people knoa bout recycling???? :rofl::rofl:

:rofl: It was funny Kimmy! I'll take a 'white people' stereotype or joke too....if it can be dished out, I know I have to take it as well. Just last night I made eggplant parmesan (& it was dyam good!) & while it was baking Lehi says, "That's white people food!" I just :rofl::no:

so hubby finally passed the driver's test. But he gotta pay in quarters for the permit. He took the train to the MVA (DMV) today. I told him I put 3 $20 bills and 5 $1 bills in you wallet. u fi use di bills fa di train ticket. No sah...im a big man...he puts the $20 in the ticket machine at train station and called me saying how they gave him $18 in QUARTERS back.

He doesn't listen...cho!!!

I glad he finally passed. :blush:

:thumbs: LOL @ the $ 18.00 in quarters

so alla oonu tink mi was black????

wha black people knoa bout recycling???? :rofl::rofl:

:rofl: Girl I Recycle and I am 100$ Black , I don't play that not recycling mess! The Earth is too important!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

smiley-greet009.gif welcome!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They have an after school program but it is only available for 1st grade and higher :wacko:

I posted an ad on the bulletin board and on craigslist...

I plan on going door to door this weekend to find a stay at home Mom to help me :yes:

unno wish me luck! (F)

Timeline

Ells..no get mi wrong..mi ova yah a laugh afta finesse..but yuh done know if mi neva seh nuttin that wouldn't be me...a mi mout

Timeline

About time! Welcome.

Ells, Sus, explain to me why you like the "I Hate Sandcastles" picture. Is there something I'm missing in it?

I like the picture because of the look on the baby's face & the little clenched fist full of sand. It's such an adult look but I'm sure the intention is different. Although you can see the other crying baby with the destroyed castle in the background even though it's fuzzy. The caption is funny since it's probably irrelevant to the actual picture....I dunno, can't explain very well but it just makes me laugh!

Oh!!! I didn't realize that he'd destroyed the sand castle in the back. It makes more sense now.

I love eggplant parmesan and vegetarian lasagna. My mother didn't make them growing up, though, cause no one else in the house had my sophisticated palate.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.