SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

lawd ells..and dem still a cut pay after yuh a do every body wuk...LOL..do they cut based on cost of living?

ok smaddy enlighten mi..di last mi know DOH-DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bunz, is your husband jamaican or american?

american

ok, no reason why mi ask....just nosey

between u an KK mi no know who wus!

:rofl::rofl:

so hubby finally passed the driver's test. But he gotta pay in quarters for the permit. He took the train to the MVA (DMV) today. I told him I put 3 $20 bills and 5 $1 bills in you wallet. u fi use di bills fa di train ticket. No sah...im a big man...he puts the $20 in the ticket machine at train station and called me saying how they gave him $18 in QUARTERS back.

He doesn't listen...cho!!!

I glad he finally passed. :blush:

Timeline
bunz, is your husband jamaican or american?

american

ok, no reason why mi ask....just nosey

between u an KK mi no know who wus!

:rofl::rofl:

so hubby finally passed the driver's test. But he gotta pay in quarters for the permit. He took the train to the MVA (DMV) today. I told him I put 3 $20 bills and 5 $1 bills in you wallet. u fi use di bills fa di train ticket. No sah...im a big man...he puts the $20 in the ticket machine at train station and called me saying how they gave him $18 in QUARTERS back.

He doesn't listen...cho!!!

I glad he finally passed. :blush:

:rofl::rofl::bonk:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

I love Steven so much for a zillion reasons.

One thing he did that made me cry this trip:

We went to KFC after he picked me up from the airport Sunday. I wasn't too hungry, so I told him "I'll just take a bite of yours." #1) He was okay with that (don't let me talk about my other male friends & their obsession with not sharing their food). He got a meal that had a leg, wing, thigh, & fries (knowing good & well he doesn't eat that much food). I said "Which piece of chicken do you like least? I'll take a bite of that one." The question seemed to upset him, but I didn't understand why. I said "Okay. I know you're not a leg fan, so I'll take a bite of that." He was like "Don't take the one I like the least. You can have the best of whatever I have!" It was precious cause it seemed that I upset him by even making that suggestion.

:luv:

Timeline
so alla oonu tink mi was black????

wha black people knoa bout recycling???? :rofl::rofl:

nope..i figured...dont know why i thought so

but si yah..wah di rass yuh mean wah Black ppl know bout recycling..cho..

wi gone back di sterotype again...mek mi fine dout...

Edited by Hotlegz

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yeah me too i tell the story because your vehicle can be a weapon... i tell whoever i can because my brother never drove a day in his life and because of the negligence of someone else his life was cut short... maybe telling his story will prevent someone from doing the same thing in the future . There is no where in life you need to be to risk your own life and the life of others..

AMEN!

Nothing new. my heart just cannot seem to regulate itself and I am fighting having to have a pacemaker placed. No biggie! Just trying to live each day like it means something. :yes:

(F)(L) You are a strong woman Shaunsgal especially keeping such a positive attitude. Prayers for your continued well-being!

Hi Yardies! Okay...wow...it took me all night to catch up. I'm being punished at work for being out. I am still a supervisor but I have been "demoted" back to a Customer Care team. My new hours will be 1PM until 10 PM with Thursday and Saturday off...after 11 years of seniority. This new schedule will go into effect Sept 1st. I'm hoping that I will find another job that I can apply for that will take me to different part of the company completely. They also had the nerve to send me two paychecks (the last two paycycles) making me pay them for my vacation time and short term disability. So I have NO money until the fix it.

My boss had the nerve to tell me that I should be thankful that we were not having a different discussion with me getting a severance package. I told her that I would sue their a$ses because my performance and numbers support what a great job I do when I'm at work...so to give me a severance package would have been solely based on my disability and time off work.

Happy belated birthday JG!

breastfeed until my son was 8 months couldn't manage the teeth...I started the day I had him and I'm telling you the truth it sucked up my uterus and lord did I lose a lot of weight in a month's time...it's all about preference don't make nobody force you to do what you not comfortable wid...

but unu no mine if a MAN nibble pon unu bagimbah dem :P

I breastfed both of my children. However, I cannot become aroused by my man suckling there...I know TMI...but he has to grab a handful with his big hand and squeeze so I don't associate it with the soft touch of my babies' hands.

nice Q...cause KAshi hasn't figured out where he would liek to call home..me anywhere mi no get 12inches of snow!! he seems to like GA..me like GA to so wi will see

everybody loves GA..imma have to make my way over there.. i really liked ft lauderdale tho.. i love being so close to the beach .. its actually the first place ive even considered relocation but the houses are to dyam expensive..

ex doesn't work w/ me.. we just don't talk on the phone anymore.. only txt or email :no:

See I'm a real fool...I would beat him at his game. Only txt or email huh? Send him an email with a picture of him and a picture of Roger...then the caption would read "Buttwipe meet Roger....Roger meet Buttwipe. Case closed. Next."

Has anyone heard from Jawi? She pon mi mind and inna mi prayers. I hope she is doing well. :blush:

thank you for the prayers. I appreciate them a lot.

Mi back...I hope everything is ok Shaunsgal!!!

Nothing new. my heart just cannot seem to regulate itself and I am fighting having to have a pacemaker placed. No biggie! Just trying to live each day like it means something. :yes:

Oh Shaunsgal...I'm praying for you! You are an inspiration.

Finesse you are stunning. I too thought you were Black.

Jawi, I'm so sorry they are pulling that BS on you! They're trying to force you out but you just stay strong & stubborn & do what you have to do. I hope this added stress & commute doesn't exacerbate your healing. Prayers for all my Yardie friends to ease whatever ails them. (L)(L)

I can totally understand the thing about the man not being able to touch the ninnies the same way after you've had children. Makes sense.

LOL @ 'Roger meet Buttwipe' :rofl:

Yuh see it? Finesse had us fooled.

Timeline

ROFL! 'DOH' is what I picked up from watching the Simpsons. Homer always says that when something goes wrong or if someone says something that surprises him. I use it when someone says something surprising! :lol::lol:

Timeline
ROFL! 'DOH' is what I picked up from watching the Simpsons. Homer always says that when something goes wrong or if someone says something that surprises him. I use it when someone says something surprising! :lol::lol:

ONGLY YUH! LOL

Timeline

Can you see this link? http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=1...8754&ref=nf

Some woman asked "What happened to all the good guys?" and a guy responded with a thoughtful, detailed answer: you!

It's long, so I don't want to post it here. Hopefully you can see it on Facebook.

Ells, I don't even watch Simpsons, but I got the "Doh!"

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Can you see this link? http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=1...8754&ref=nf

Some woman asked "What happened to all the good guys?" and a guy responded with a thoughtful, detailed answer: you!

It's long, so I don't want to post it here. Hopefully you can see it on Facebook.

Ells, I don't even watch Simpsons, but I got the "Doh!"

JUS THE "YOU" IS CRACKING ME UP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

stereotype not always a bad ting.....prejudice and stereotyping is 2 totally different tings

from wikipedia:

One reason people stereotype is that it is too difficult to take in all of the complexities of other people. Even though stereotyping is inaccurate, it is efficient. Categorization is an essential human capability because it enables us to simplify, predict, and organize our world. Once one has sorted and organized everyone into tidy categories, there is every incentive to avoid processing new or unexpected information about each individual. Assigning general group characteristics to members of that group saves time and satisfies the need to predict the social world.

Timeline

ONGLY YUH! LOL

Okay, I finally made it to the "Yardie" thread!!! *Waiving hiiiiiiiiiiiii* to everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.