7,074 posts in this topic

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
For Philly (or anyone who likes funny cat antics):

This is funny Ells!! Too cute! Thanks for the giggle!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So my boss just informs me that with the state budget being signed by our wonderful (NOT!!!!) Gov. Schwarzenasshole (sorry KK & Nat), we are now going to have an additional 10% of our state taxes withheld. Basically he's asking the state employees to 'loan' the state more money through our taxes. As if it's not enough that we're being paid 15% less because of the furloughs. I've also been thinking of the additional cost of adding Lehi to my insurance plans. My paycheck is dwindling by the day. With the decreased salary, my rent is eating up nearly half of my take-home pay. Now I can look forward to an even smaller check! I'm trying not to panic here.

man... :(

Is it possible to look for a new job? I know it's scary out there right now, but it can't hurt to look :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
I saw the beginning of this last night. Why do they have to put the ladies name, age, occupation and WEIGHT? Who cares? I changed the channel after about a minute!

Hey everyone!!!!!

Ouch with the fat word why cant' we just say " fluffy", full figured, plus size or juicy..

I do agree Irie I was so geeked to see the show but as soon as I seen that they posted the weight of the ladies my stomach just turned. I mean never have they posted the weight of the other shows with thinner women so just because we bring on the pounds must every one know what they weigh? To me it was like Fox was making fun of them and of course both parties had to be big. I was shocked to see a big man interested in a big woman. Not all big people like big mates. I know I for one can’t date a man too big. I mean yes I do find them attractive if their buff but they can’t be as big as me because then every time we walk down the street people will be like WOW they stand out. Btu I can’t date a man too thin either because then he makes me look bigger than what I really am. He has to be medium build..

But anyway back to my comment I too was so disgusted to see there weight posted.

That just made me think of something. One of my friends is short and round and her man is tall and thinner. She said when they walk together the look like the # 10! LOL

Same with Louis and I though. But who cares! Louis is gaining and I need to start losing... we can meet in the middle.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I guess on the brightside you and Lehi can take a trip to JA with your tax return! My 1st one with Louis was awesome!

Any tax return money we get will have to go for the not fun stuff. :crying:

So my boss just informs me that with the state budget being signed by our wonderful (NOT!!!!) Gov. Schwarzenasshole (sorry KK & Nat), we are now going to have an additional 10% of our state taxes withheld. Basically he's asking the state employees to 'loan' the state more money through our taxes. As if it's not enough that we're being paid 15% less because of the furloughs. I've also been thinking of the additional cost of adding Lehi to my insurance plans. My paycheck is dwindling by the day. With the decreased salary, my rent is eating up nearly half of my take-home pay. Now I can look forward to an even smaller check! I'm trying not to panic here.

oh gosh ells..how much more can they take..maybe u should move???.. kidding the Lord will provide, he always catches me when i feel like i am falling..

I have thought about moving....just don't know where at this time. For me, it needs to be a place with NO SNOW in the winter, not humid, & plenty of culture & activities. Don't know where would fit that bill. But yes it's true, the Lord does provide so I just have to try my best to keep the faith even though part of me wants to have a complete FREAK OUT! :yes:

man... :(

Is it possible to look for a new job? I know it's scary out there right now, but it can't hurt to look :(

I'm definitely starting to consider it. It's been time for a long time but I have no confidence in myself when it comes to the job market. I don't have a college degree or anything I feel is marketable with my skills. I've become pretty complacent & I don't know how to 'talk myself up' as some people can do. I just don't have that self-assurance. :crying: Part of me knows I can do anything as long as I'm given the chance & the other side of me thinks I have nothing to offer the job market....especially in this market.

Timeline

Quana umm sweetie we have been e-mailing all am and you didn’t tell us about your ex's e-mail.

OOOOOOhhhhhh you know I'm telling!!!!!! :devil:

So the girls have been talking bout RG huh? I knew it would only be a matter of time. Funny he never properly introduced you to his GF did he? U should email him back and let him know as soon as he properly introduces you to the woman that be around his children you’ll introduce him to the man who be around his girls. I think its only fair.

Man I would be worried about this meeting. I remember all the things you went through when he found out about RG and they weren’t nice. I would DEFINETLY make sure its in a neutral location just so you wont be in the middle like, stop it. u came to far to grow your natural hair I would hate to see it ripped out!!! LOL No that's not funny but you know I always have to say something crazy...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Quana umm sweetie we have been e-mailing all am and you didn’t tell us about your ex's e-mail.

So the girls have been talking bout RG huh? I knew it would only be a matter of time. Funny he never properly introduced you to his GF did he? U should email him back and let him know as soon as he properly introduces you to the woman that be around his children you’ll introduce him to the man who be around his girls. I think its only fair.

Man I would be worried about this meeting. I remember all the things you went through when he found out about RG and they weren’t nice. I would DEFINETLY make sure its in a neutral location just so you wont be in the middle like, stop it. u came to far to grow your natural hair I would hate to see it ripped out!!! LOL No that's not funny but you know I always have to say something crazy...

OKAY??? This double standard business really irks me! :protest:

Ells, don't sell yourself so short where the job market is concerned! :no:

Maybe you could try the East Bay, it is much cheaper than SF! :thumbs:

I've really been pondering the East Bay. Of course, every night on the news we see another story about a shooting or something so I know Lehi is pretty scared of over there. I'll have to prove to him that not everywhere is so bad.

Most of my friends have moved over there, my dance & drum classes are there, it is cheaper like you say....seems I have more & more reasons to think about it all the time.

Timeline

lol.. u a fool girl.. naw the girls haven't talked or been w/ their dad since they came in july.. go back some on the thread.. he saw roger and i at the gas station sunday night LMAO!!!

girl... i will be 10 paces away from him.. and have my razor blade w/ me LOL.. kidding..

Timeline
I'm definitely starting to consider it. It's been time for a long time but I have no confidence in myself when it comes to the job market. I don't have a college degree or anything I feel is marketable with my skills. I've become pretty complacent & I don't know how to 'talk myself up' as some people can do. I just don't have that self-assurance. :crying: Part of me knows I can do anything as long as I'm given the chance & the other side of me thinks I have nothing to offer the job market....especially in this market.

u can freak for a lil while, but know that this too will pass.. its not just a saying.. its the TRUTH!!

and i know this job market is scary.. i see soo many ppl w/ skills and degrees and like u i only have an associates degree, but what is for u, is for u!!!.. i believe that.. try fed govt.. ppl like us can make good money w/ very lil education.. much more secure too

look at usajobs.gov and search for california..

Timeline

lol.. u a fool girl.. naw the girls haven't talked or been w/ their dad since they came in july.. go back some on the thread.. he saw roger and i at the gas station sunday night LMAO!!!

girl... i will be 10 paces away from him.. and have my razor blade w/ me LOL.. kidding..

Oh ISH!!!!! No he didn't!!!! Whoo Quana and you didn't say anything???? Busy chatting bout fruit I guess it did slip your mind! :rofl:

Wait let me clean this up b4 someone gets the wrong idea. U were so busy telling us about your shopping list you never mentioned the good stuff!!!

Edited by DaDa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok then..

henneybody knoa dis chune?

go like dis:

"mek she cuss beer bad wud, beer bad wud....phock har til she cuss"

mi ave it pon cd but mi cyaan fine it....mi nuh knoa who sing it....maybe busy signal?

MUS DUTTY KARTEL OR MAVADO

mi love dutty slack chunes dem...

at first mi thought it sey phock ar til she cum...but husband a correct mi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Girl...you know I don't remember ######......Thats why have friends around and make sure someone is taking pictures..... I have always been that way....nah memba ######!!!

I have the same problem.....don't they call it 'cantremembershititis'??

yeah and she wont talk to me cause she says i ruined her family

are u freaking SERIOUS!!!! omg :angry:

i know that i kept those kids from further harm so im ok with it ...her son mysteriously fell down stairs and broke his leg so bad he was hospitalized(he was 2)

I sometimes can't help but be furious with a woman who continues to allow that to happen...ESPECIALLY when there are kids involved & they are abused too. What the rass is wrong with someone to let that happen to your 2 y/o??? :angry:

girl she sore he didnt do it but i dont believe that . and her kids saw him beat her all the time ... so thats why she can hate me but i feel could about putting his tail in jail

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.