Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tell her a microwave uses less fossil fuel than re-heating things on the stove because it takes less energy to use the microwave to re-heat & is therefore more energy efficient & environmentally friendly! :thumbs::yes:

:thumbs: She is taking environmental science this year. I'm sure next summer she'll be a vegan, eating only raw foods, living in a tree house somewhere :wacko: . Our house is going green but she taking things to the extreme.

my youngest been wanting me to get a recycling bin forever, get mad when i throw a bubble gum wrapper out the window.. i hate when they learn stuff at skool :rofl::rofl:

you don't recycle?????? shame on you

:blush: i know..

what kinda place are you livin? besides being the right thing to do, isn't it the law???

the law?? no not here?? i didn't know that, i don't know many ppl that do recycle actually, not many in my group of friends and family anyway

i know its good for the environment tho :blush:

what in the world is wrong with you? gimme dem friend/family phone numbers..

not just good for the environment.....essential for the environment

:blush::blush::crying::crying: mi seh mi knoa!!! lef mi finesse.. mi nuh kill di trees by miself.. i will look more into it.. i wldn't even know where to begin.. its as foreign here as coconut water.. everybody just trow everyting inna one trash..

can we make a rule on here?

watch har!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tell her a microwave uses less fossil fuel than re-heating things on the stove because it takes less energy to use the microwave to re-heat & is therefore more energy efficient & environmentally friendly! :thumbs::yes:

:thumbs: She is taking environmental science this year. I'm sure next summer she'll be a vegan, eating only raw foods, living in a tree house somewhere :wacko: . Our house is going green but she taking things to the extreme.

my youngest been wanting me to get a recycling bin forever, get mad when i throw a bubble gum wrapper out the window.. i hate when they learn stuff at skool :rofl::rofl:

you don't recycle?????? shame on you

:blush: i know..

what kinda place are you livin? besides being the right thing to do, isn't it the law???

the law?? no not here?? i didn't know that, i don't know many ppl that do recycle actually, not many in my group of friends and family anyway

i know its good for the environment tho :blush:

what in the world is wrong with you? gimme dem friend/family phone numbers..

not just good for the environment.....essential for the environment

:blush::blush::crying::crying: mi seh mi knoa!!! lef mi finesse.. mi nuh kill di trees by miself.. i will look more into it.. i wldn't even know where to begin.. its as foreign here as coconut water.. everybody just trow everyting inna one trash..

i'll help you out.....you live in dallas? the city of?

Filed: Timeline

wah name rule?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

here is the rule

if someone post a picture and you want to reply to the picture...don't reply to the picture post, just make a new post and say something like:

bout the feet pic -

ha ha i like that one

ok?

make sense?

otherwise we have to scoll past the same pic 10 times

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Quana...I don't recycle either..I get an ear lashing from my daughter everyday. I really need to start.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think having a criminal conviction may be viewed differently from overstaying or a felony conviction may hold more weight than a misdemeanor so it’s pursued more aggressively. Not sure of each individual State but unless there is a serious accident most drunk driving charges are misdemeanors. With this fortunately he was able to supply enough evidence to support his argument against being deported. However the average whoever, only been here less than 2 years, probably won’t find themselves so fortunate. Sure it can take a while before the hearing actually comes up, but then what are they doing in the meantime for the rest of the 9 years? Are they working, can they even get a legitimate job without worrying about it. Will they just be a burden from then on out…that’s a long time watching your every move.

In immigration terms - and before the Board of Immigration Appeals - it's counted in crimes of "Moral Turpitude" - not felony or misdemeanors -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_turpitude

The rule is that any criminal violation that can result in up to 1 year in jail and for which the sentence is more than 6 months actual imprisonment is considered a removable offense. Any crime with a punishment of under 6 months’ imprisonment is deemed a petty violation.

Even if the conviction does not result in a sentence of one year, there are certain crimes for which a conviction alone can lead to removal of the defendant from the country. These are called crimes of moral turpitude. Moral turpitude refers to conduct which is inherently base, vile or depraved, contrary to the accepted roles of morality and the duties owed between men and men, either one's fellowman or society in general. Neither the seriousness of the offense or the severity imposed determines whether or not a crime involves moral turpitude.

That's why it’s a good idea to seek an immigration attorney when immigration is involved.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.