SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
If he is LOC, he will most likely sneak though. They are very slow at actually taking chargs to court. If he were to have his GC, he is probably lucky for the next 9 or so years. Renewing could pose a problem. He may also have issues with citizenship if he tries. Seriously, though......if charges strong enough and jail time stiff enough, he could be deported. It would have to be fairly serious though.

Actually, it's unreal as to what can put you in deportation - all it takes is a conviction of a charge that COULD have resulted in more than 1 year of jail time - literally, 366 days -

I worked a pro bono case a few years ago - 80 year old immigrant, came over here in college, got his GC, married, had kids, grandkids, greatgrands, owned houses, businesses, etc.... His kids kept pressing him to apply for citizenship = so he did - they placed him in deportation proceedings, based on two convictions from when he was in college - one for shoplifting a piece of meet, the other for a drunk and disorderly -

thats what i thought sus!.. i told roger im glad he and the ex didn't get in a fight, for him to get sent back to ja and get his visitor visa revoked.. he said it had to be something more serious.. hmph the US will do what they want

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
so wah gwaan fi tidey

mi ave one research study pon cheetos fi $30 45 mins..can't beat that..cash too

and mi ave 2 dozen favors fi go do fi smaddy..:)

go kimmy.. im trying to get signed up myself for some.. im addicted to free money lol

yes maam..i'l try some nasty cheetos..shoot

Ells..love ur response to Shemmy's daughter...ahahaa

Finesse..tell mi wey yuh dey again

milwaukee.....an hour from chicago

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
girl i be putting on a show on the dancefloor.. i love it... should have been a performer..

thanks ja2, things are going soo well, its scary.. ya'll know paranoid me.. i keep waiting for the other shoe to drop

Quana - embrace your happiness and show your love for that man. I wasted so much time waiting for the other shoe to drop....it hasn't yet...

Timeline
so let's say somebody gets convicted of drunk driving and the sentence could be more than a year but they only do 1 month. how do the deportation proceedings begin? how does the immigration people know you were convicted?

Not automatically, although it could - Typically, it's triggered by something else happening - like needing to renew your GC, applying for citizenship, etc...

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
so wah gwaan fi tidey

go kimmy.. im trying to get signed up myself for some.. im addicted to free money lol

cheetos.. girl, they rock!!

i like ur response too ells, i used to always be scared of the Micro "waves" that go into my food, but it ain't keeping me from using it..FASTER IS BETTER!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kimmy --- u done wah u afi do so u can guh ome n finish pack

kissteet..all now..

so wah gwaan fi tidey

milwaukee.....an hour from chicago

yes yuh right..mi figet a farrrrr awayyyy land yuh dey

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
see it deh..wow! do u know if he in fact did get deported?

Nope, we fought the deportation charges and won, he got his citizenship - But someone without good legal representation would have been gone -

The only thing I have to say is if they come here and do some stupid stuff, they need to be responsible for their actions. The drunk and disorderly may have been just a thing. I suppose we could all have had that in our past at one time or another on some small scale. But, shoplifting? OMFG......the day Andre called me to tell me he was arrested, I ripped him a new one. WTH is wrong with anyone? Do you really need that piece of meat? Or that pair of shorts that bad? Seriously? There are places that help with that stuff if you are in that dire a need. Hell, I would give someone something to eat if they asked me or I saw the need. I'd at least buy the meat.....not the $$$$ so they can go buy some beer or crack.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
so wah gwaan fi tidey

cheetos.. girl, they rock!!

i like ur response too ells, i used to always be scared of the Micro "waves" that go into my food, but it ain't keeping me from using it..FASTER IS BETTER!!

u know it has to be some mix up mix up cheeto....bet they not regular

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
so let's say somebody gets convicted of drunk driving and the sentence could be more than a year but they only do 1 month. how do the deportation proceedings begin? how does the immigration people know you were convicted?

finese, from what I remember and the experiences I've seen. Some people get caught up in the system when the go to renew their greencard, returning to the US (know plenty) of people caught this way. Just because you end up in proceedings don't mean seh u ago get deported same time. You have a right to go before a Judge, with or without representation and they have to tell you that. Getting caught up in deportations proceedings can take years to resolve. My brother-in-law was in the system for 5 years before the final hearing last year. He was an overstay that filed for asylum and won!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
so wah gwaan fi tidey

and mi ave 2 dozen favors fi go do fi smaddy.. :)

I LOVE Cheetos. Someone find me a study in St. Louis. I cannot find any of them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
MrsBuggy, what happened to hubby? I see your new avatar pic & no one asked? Did you do like I do to my mister & accidentally elbow him in bed one night??

Wow, I had to go back and look, I did miss that!

Ells, did I ever tell you my grandmother's story? She was dreaming she was being mugged, and the guy had her arms and legs held down - so she did the only thing she could think of and bit him - She bit my grandpa right in the back, drew blood and all!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::help::rofl::rofl::rofl::help::rofl::rofl:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tell her a microwave uses less fossil fuel than re-heating things on the stove because it takes less energy to use the microwave to re-heat & is therefore more energy efficient & environmentally friendly! :thumbs::yes:

:thumbs: She is taking environmental science this year. I'm sure next summer she'll be a vegan, eating only raw foods, living in a tree house somewhere :wacko: . Our house is going green but she taking things to the extreme.

Timeline
see it deh..wow! do u know if he in fact did get deported?

Nope, we fought the deportation charges and won, he got his citizenship - But someone without good legal representation would have been gone -

The only thing I have to say is if they come here and do some stupid stuff, they need to be responsible for their actions. The drunk and disorderly may have been just a thing. I suppose we could all have had that in our past at one time or another on some small scale. But, shoplifting? OMFG......the day Andre called me to tell me he was arrested, I ripped him a new one. WTH is wrong with anyone? Do you really need that piece of meat? Or that pair of shorts that bad? Seriously? There are places that help with that stuff if you are in that dire a need. Hell, I would give someone something to eat if they asked me or I saw the need. I'd at least buy the meat.....not the $$$$ so they can go buy some beer or crack.

easier said than done..when someone is desparate they will often do whatever they feel they must! meat mi can understand..but shorts!!! come one

Timeline

finese, from what I remember and the experiences I've seen. Some people get caught up in the system when the go to renew their greencard, returning to the US (know plenty) of people caught this way. Just because you end up in proceedings don't mean seh u ago get deported same time. You have a right to go before a Judge, with or without representation and they have to tell you that. Getting caught up in deportations proceedings can take years to resolve. My brother-in-law was in the system for 5 years before the final hearing last year. He was an overstay that filed for asylum and won!

i would hate to have to even get caught up in it.. such a mess

Timeline

I can somewhat agree with you, JG - But, in this particular situation - it was a dumb college prank and on a dare - We have all done stupid stuff like that - It happened when he was in his late teens / early twenties, he had lived in the US for 60 years and built an empire - family, homes, his own business, employed others,..... = How is deportation the solution there after that length of time?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.