SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That makes me think of a question tho finesse...

If a beneficiary goes to jail is that considered being a public charge? :unsure:

From what I understand, it is only SSI benefits that do. Saw it somewhere on here.

If he goes to jail, for beating her, he is most likely being deported when he gets out.

If a beneficiary goes to jail is that considered being a public charge? :unsure:

i don't know. so what could happen then? not sure of his immigration status.....i think he has his 10 year gc or is about to do LOC

If he is LOC, he will most likely sneak though. They are very slow at actually taking chargs to court. If he were to have his GC, he is probably lucky for the next 9 or so years. Renewing could pose a problem. He may also have issues with citizenship if he tries. Seriously, though......if charges strong enough and jail time stiff enough, he could be deported. It would have to be fairly serious though.

okay...

I was thinking since this man come to the US and she sign something saying she will pay if he becomes a public charge that they may bill her for the jail bill :wacko::lol:

glad that can't happen :blink:

poor girl needs help to get OUT! :(

But Quana is right, until she ready it ain'g gonna happen... her rass will be down at the jail cell visiting...

sad...

not sure if he is still in jail but i got a text from her saying for us not to worry about what happened...her and hubby want a fresh start

i didn't even respond...

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Finesse....the second part of that question.....YES I believe she is on here from time to time. As guest.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

From what I understand, it is only SSI benefits that do. Saw it somewhere on here.

If he goes to jail, for beating her, he is most likely being deported when he gets out.

i don't know. so what could happen then? not sure of his immigration status.....i think he has his 10 year gc or is about to do LOC

If he is LOC, he will most likely sneak though. They are very slow at actually taking chargs to court. If he were to have his GC, he is probably lucky for the next 9 or so years. Renewing could pose a problem. He may also have issues with citizenship if he tries. Seriously, though......if charges strong enough and jail time stiff enough, he could be deported. It would have to be fairly serious though.

okay...

I was thinking since this man come to the US and she sign something saying she will pay if he becomes a public charge that they may bill her for the jail bill :wacko::lol:

But Quana is right, until she ready it ain'g gonna happen... her rass will be down at the jail cell visiting...

sad...

not sure if he is still in jail but i got a text from her saying for us not to worry about what happened...her and hubby want a fresh start

i didn't even respond...

i wouldnt either girl.. don't worry urself.. my friend would come ova my house at night getting away from him and he come ova here BANGING on my door w/ my kids sleep.. then next morning she back ova there..WHY YO rass didn't gone and stay cuz u knew thats what u was gonna do! i didnt say that of course.. i swear this is why I didh't bring nobody into my drama, i knew i wasn't going nowhere, but when i did.. i DID.. and he wasn't beating me noway.. SAAADDDDDD....

Timeline
Q..u guys look so happy..LOVE IT!

thanks kimmy i REALLY am.. maybe u and kashi come show us some of ya'll moves when the kids get older and ya'll get out and about :luv: mi wan fi see ya in ya rider shorts and high heels.. i know u got that outfit..

Timeline
hubby knows this guys who he knew from ja (not a friend but they know a lot of the same pple)who now lives here with his wife about an hour from us. the dude has been here almost 3 years, has no job, and just runs the streets and smokes weed.

when i first heard about this guy i thought oh great someone for hubby to connect with from ja we should meet up. so dude and wife came over for the first time like 6 months ago or so. immediately my spirit did not take them but i felt a little sorry for them. they hung out for a while and wifey confided in me and told me that he beats her and wanted my husband to talk to her husband about it.

i told her to dump him, he is not gonna change. she continues to be with him and they have all these problems and he keeps taking off on her. she calls us because she thinks he is hiding out at our house (which he isn't and we never even talk to him).

so 2 weeks ago she calls me to tell me he is in jail for beating her up and his bail is $1,600 and she only has $600 and can she borrow $1000 from me. i say hell no and let his azz sit in jail and i tell her one day he is gonna kill you.

remember, i don't even know this woman other than her coming over one time and her calling us for help. i feel bad for being mean to her but what else am i supposed to say/do?

As an immigrant, if he is convicted of any crime he will face deportation. For assault a conviction can come in many ways, she doesn’t even have to agree to pressing charges if there is enough evidence the state can pick it up. If he is beating her and she stays eventually he will kill her. You are doing her more of a favor by not giving her the money even if you were close. I think I would feel worst if I helped her get him out and then he beats her azz or kills her for having him in there in the first place or something simpler like not getting him out sooner.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

okay...

sad...

i didn't even respond...

i wouldnt either girl.. don't worry urself.. my friend would come ova my house at night getting away from him and he come ova here BANGING on my door w/ my kids sleep.. then next morning she back ova there..WHY YO rass didn't gone and stay cuz u knew thats what u was gonna do! i didnt say that of course.. i swear this is why I didh't bring nobody into my drama, i knew i wasn't going nowhere, but when i did.. i DID.. and he wasn't beating me noway.. SAAADDDDDD....

i know, i just feel sorry for her. can you imagine thinking that low of yourself to stay with someone who does that to you?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

okay...

sad...

i didn't even respond...

exactly..i have heard this happen so many times..this one guy plead guilty with consult from his lawyers..and now he facing deportation...he provides for his 3 girls...has a home...eveything..wow

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
hubby knows this guys who he knew from ja (not a friend but they know a lot of the same pple)who now lives here with his wife about an hour from us. the dude has been here almost 3 years, has no job, and just runs the streets and smokes weed.

when i first heard about this guy i thought oh great someone for hubby to connect with from ja we should meet up. so dude and wife came over for the first time like 6 months ago or so. immediately my spirit did not take them but i felt a little sorry for them. they hung out for a while and wifey confided in me and told me that he beats her and wanted my husband to talk to her husband about it.

i told her to dump him, he is not gonna change. she continues to be with him and they have all these problems and he keeps taking off on her. she calls us because she thinks he is hiding out at our house (which he isn't and we never even talk to him).

so 2 weeks ago she calls me to tell me he is in jail for beating her up and his bail is $1,600 and she only has $600 and can she borrow $1000 from me. i say hell no and let his azz sit in jail and i tell her one day he is gonna kill you.

remember, i don't even know this woman other than her coming over one time and her calling us for help. i feel bad for being mean to her but what else am i supposed to say/do?

As an immigrant, if he is convicted of any crime he will face deportation. For assault a conviction can come in many ways, she doesn’t even have to agree to pressing charges if there is enough evidence the state can pick it up. If he is beating her and she stays eventually he will kill her. You are doing her more of a favor by not giving her the money even if you were close. I think I would feel worst if I helped her get him out and then he beats her azz or kills her for having him in there in the first place or something simpler like not getting him out sooner.

yup mi know dat...see how much info we get here..

kimmy....you retarded....chat bout wha wrang wid dat?

:rofl:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

i didn't even respond...

What!?! She is crazy!!!

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline

so wah gwaan fi tidey

mi ave one research study pon cheetos fi $30 45 mins..can't beat that..cash too

and mi ave 2 dozen favors fi go do fi smaddy..:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.