SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
we have had this phone problem before. not just from BM but from friends/family from JA and US alike. Once we go to bed, the cell phones are on silent and the house phone ringer is off. If there is an emergency in JA in the middle of the night....not much you can do at those hours anyway. Some people have no manners and you can't control what other people do.....so call if want in the middle of the night.....nobody nah guh answa

i am the same way with my cell phone - the ringer goes off when I am going to sleep - Which I started after I had several conversations with people that I had NO recollection of, lol -

DJ's friends call ALL hours - I always silence his phone when we are going to bed - cause nothing pisses me off more than some idiot who is calling at 4 am for no reason -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What were your first impressions when you started chatting in the Yardies thread?

Mine: There was some drama going on when I first checked out the thread... I can't remember what, though. It seemed people took sides so I thought that everyone was cliquish. There were a few people who struck me as quick to get mean if you get on their bad side, and a few that struck me as very nice.

when i was first on here, i didn't chat much. I was on here for one purpose and that was to get help with the paperwork. I was really impressed with the amount of knowledge everyone had about the process. since then, i've gotten to know some pretty cool people so i'm glad i stuck around...or should i say came back cause i was absent for awhile 'adjusting' my new husband :whistle:

Same with me. I didn't chat much cause I wasn't sure where to jump in. But I was, and still am, impressed and grateful for the knowledge and tips you ladies share! I hope to help the next batch of filers as much as you all have helped me.

Electricity went out in my room. Good thing the wireless router is powered in the office.

shouldn't you be on the beach?

Bunnzarelli, thank you. I am ready for this part of our life to be over, so we can start on the fun part of our life. I miss having him here, we just had our family reunion this weekend, and the big question was were was he and when will he be here. Then the other part is you'll have been married for a while now why isn't he here. I knew I shouldn't have gone, but since my mother is deceased, that part of the family don't get to see us much. I felt obligated to go.

Well, it over now, so I will be ther in JA on Sunday, for Sunday dinner can't wait.

Timeline
we have had this phone problem before. not just from BM but from friends/family from JA and US alike. Once we go to bed, the cell phones are on silent and the house phone ringer is off. If there is an emergency in JA in the middle of the night....not much you can do at those hours anyway. Some people have no manners and you can't control what other people do.....so call if want in the middle of the night.....nobody nah guh answa

i am the same way with my cell phone - the ringer goes off when I am going to sleep - Which I started after I had several conversations with people that I had NO recollection of, lol -

DJ's friends call ALL hours - I always silence his phone when we are going to bed - cause nothing pisses me off more than some idiot who is calling at 4 am for no reason -

:rofl::rofl:

in all fairness, we are late night people too and we sometimes call friends late...not 4am late but maybe 11. so that encourages other people to call late too. so the only way to not be interrupted when you don't want to be is to turn the ringer off....

but kids calling at those hours is ridiculous...

Good morning, All.

So far this trip has been quite relaxing. We decided to save Kool Runnings for my next trip, when my aunt will be with us. But we did check out the movie theater in Montego Bay yesterday. I'm very pleased that one of the four movies they're showing is "The Hangover." I've heard that it's hilarious and wanted to see it with Steven.

A few of you told me to take lots of pictures this trip, and I felt bad reading that cause I don't think I'll take many at all. After all, who wants to see the inside of a hotel room? :lol:

I had a conversation topic:

What were your first impressions when you started chatting in the Yardies thread?

Mine: There was some drama going on when I first checked out the thread... I can't remember what, though. It seemed people took sides so I thought that everyone was cliquish. There were a few people who struck me as quick to get mean if you get on their bad side, and a few that struck me as very nice.

My impression: Dang It's a lot of information I need to get through this interview stage. My journey moved quickly...15 days after I sent it off...I was approved. I needed all the help I could use and I needed it fast. VJ was the place for me. I really didn't pay attention to the drama...I needed the advice and experiences of others.

Good morning, All.

So far this trip has been quite relaxing. We decided to save Kool Runnings for my next trip, when my aunt will be with us. But we did check out the movie theater in Montego Bay yesterday. I'm very pleased that one of the four movies they're showing is "The Hangover." I've heard that it's hilarious and wanted to see it with Steven.

A few of you told me to take lots of pictures this trip, and I felt bad reading that cause I don't think I'll take many at all. After all, who wants to see the inside of a hotel room? :lol:

when i was first on here, i didn't chat much. I was on here for one purpose and that was to get help with the paperwork. I was really impressed with the amount of knowledge everyone had about the process. since then, i've gotten to know some pretty cool people so i'm glad i stuck around...or should i say came back cause i was absent for awhile 'adjusting' my new husband :whistle:

Same for me...I was gone for a while and came back. Now, I'm here to put my 2 cents in....and watch Finesse start trouble....LMBO!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sus, I agree with you. I am not a fan of people calling late unless it's an emergency. I have an aunt who works overnight shifts a few days a week. That seems to have skewed her perception of when it is acceptable to call people. Don't call me at 11:30 at night! I may have to get up for a very early meeting.

But I hesitate to turn off my ringer because I wouldn't mind being called in the case of an emergency. Then again, anyone who would call me in case of emergency would have my house phone number.

shouldn't you be on the beach?

I prefer to admire the sun from an air conditioned spot. :P But we are going swimming when Steven gets back from Sav.

While watching Rising Stars last night, I realized that I can never predict what the judges will say. Contestants I liked, they didn't. Ones I thought were terrible, they enjoyed. It was 60s/70s night. Tia sang "I'm Coming Out" Two of the judges like it; one didn't. Later, they asked her a question about what to do with the judges feedback. She rightfully stated that it can be confusing when you hear opposite things from the judges. With music being so subjective, though, I guess one will always have those who like it & those who don't.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bunnzarelli, thank you. I am ready for this part of our life to be over, so we can start on the fun part of our life. I miss having him here, we just had our family reunion this weekend, and the big question was were was he and when will he be here. Then the other part is you'll have been married for a while now why isn't he here. I knew I shouldn't have gone, but since my mother is deceased, that part of the family don't get to see us much. I felt obligated to go.

Well, it over now, so I will be ther in JA on Sunday, for Sunday dinner can't wait.

the incessant questions can be so annoying

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Good morning, All.

Same for me...I was gone for a while and came back. Now, I'm here to put my 2 cents in....and watch Finesse start trouble....LMBO!!!!

:devil:

the incessant questions can be so annoying

I know what you mean. Imagine 5 years your boyfriend/fiance living in Jamaica and people asking you when is he coming...Bwoy...ole Bwoy. So now one my friends have a boyfriend that lives here...but supposely he's shy and hasn't come to any of our meet -up (winefest and my bbq). So I could be just like how my friend was and bother her with asking when IS he going to come around your friends. But it's so not me...and I totally understand how it feels to be asked over and over.

Timeline
While watching Rising Stars last night, I realized that I can never predict what the judges will say. Contestants I liked, they didn't. Ones I thought were terrible, they enjoyed. It was 60s/70s night. Tia sang "I'm Coming Out" Two of the judges like it; one didn't. Later, they asked her a question about what to do with the judges feedback. She rightfully stated that it can be confusing when you hear opposite things from the judges. With music being so subjective, though, I guess one will always have those who like it & those who don't.

i thought she sang well

her start was a bit shaky but she came very strong

yendi asks such dumb questions sometimes

i liked brown sugar's performance

i have to say i'm surprised the judges are so entertained by the male duo......i'm not

upherebl.gif

:ph34r:

6 a dem

LOL

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

ok soooooooooooooooooo.....

upherebl.gif

Timeline

52 posts to my first heart

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.