SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Good Morning.

I got this as the daily scripture and wanted to share:

VERSE:"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eyeand pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you sayto your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when allthe time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, firsttake the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearlyto remove the speck from your brother's eye."-- Matthew 7:3-5

THOUGHT:Finding fault in someone else is so easy for most of us. Findingfault in ourselves is much trickier. Jesus reminds us that we mustdeal with the shortcomings and sins in our own lives before westart telling others how to live. Seems pretty simple, doesn't it?But we all know it isn't.

PRAYER:Father, please forgive me when I am severe, harsh, andjudgmental toward others. I know there are problems in my own lifethat need the work of your Holy Spirit. I confess that there areroutine sins that I find myself excusing more and more. Please,dear LORD, forgive my sin and empower me to move beyond it. InJesus' name I pray. Amen.

i need this and many more prayers....my sons father is an A hole and I'm feeling homicidal right now....

Sorry to hear that. Don't give him that pleasure. Stay positive.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay my doctor will be faxing a letter to my job with me being on extremely limited light duty work for no more than 5-6 hours per day. I'm salaried so they should be able to work with the 6 hours per day. I can't do much of anything but sit in my chair and take brief walks to stretch every 20 minutes or so...LOL

I guess I will be outside with the smokers most of the day.

My biggest fear about returning to work was the h*llish commute in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic. But if I can get a 2-3 hour lead on the traffic rush...I should be able to drive with minimal effort. A straight shot on the highway should keep me from having to turn my neck as much if I stay in one lane.

Jawi.....just keep telling yourself you HAVE A JOB.

You HAVE A CAR.

You HAVE SOMEPLACE TO LIVE.

You ARE HEALING.

If not for those things, you wouldn't be able to worry about all the nonsense surrounding. Look at the blessings right now, girlie, to get through the hassles. It will get better. Just hang in there.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay my doctor will be faxing a letter to my job with me being on extremely limited light duty work for no more than 5-6 hours per day. I'm salaried so they should be able to work with the 6 hours per day. I can't do much of anything but sit in my chair and take brief walks to stretch every 20 minutes or so...LOL

My biggest fear about returning to work was the h*llish commute in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic. But if I can get a 2-3 hour lead on the traffic rush...I should be able to drive with minimal effort. A straight shot on the highway should keep me from having to turn my neck as much if I stay in one lane.

You HAVE A CAR.

You ARE HEALING.

If not for those things, you wouldn't be able to worry about all the nonsense surrounding. Look at the blessings right now, girlie, to get through the hassles. It will get better. Just hang in there.

those are great words of encouragement, jg! that should be on a poster or a banner somewhere..

a lot of us could take this advice...

Good Morning.

I got this as the daily scripture and wanted to share:

VERSE:"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eyeand pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you sayto your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when allthe time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, firsttake the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearlyto remove the speck from your brother's eye."-- Matthew 7:3-5

THOUGHT:Finding fault in someone else is so easy for most of us. Findingfault in ourselves is much trickier. Jesus reminds us that we mustdeal with the shortcomings and sins in our own lives before westart telling others how to live. Seems pretty simple, doesn't it?But we all know it isn't.

PRAYER:Father, please forgive me when I am severe, harsh, andjudgmental toward others. I know there are problems in my own lifethat need the work of your Holy Spirit. I confess that there areroutine sins that I find myself excusing more and more. Please,dear LORD, forgive my sin and empower me to move beyond it. InJesus' name I pray. Amen.

i need this and many more prayers....my sons father is an A hole and I'm feeling homicidal right now....

Sorry to hear that. Don't give him that pleasure. Stay positive.

thanks. i just needed to get pissed off for a minute. i'm over it now..

Timeline
Oh no...is this three in row thing going to happen AGAIN!!!! Stop the madness please.

You think it has been one day where NO one in the US died?

I don't think so. I think people are born and die every minute.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
lmfao btwn ur pills and my rum cream we are both a mess lmao damn i am really cracking up right now! im with u i love my me time and i have not lived with a man in over two years so i wonder how would that turn out??? plus im a lil spoiled because my ex waited on me hand and foot and i know jay aint with that washing panties ish lmao lmao ummm do i poot around j???? nope lmao i think that might be why i started having gastro problems in the first place!!! girl i am bad even if i had to do the numba 2 i would go out to the bathroom on the resort so i dont have to do it when he in the room i am sooooo werd!!! i think he only pooted in front of me like twice the first time it was in the morn and he was taking a leek and did it but i gave him a look thru the mirror and he closed the door lmao lmao ohhh that was funny the second time he was just like eww who did that but i ignored him! i hate farts lol

QUESTION: what if ur so claimed they had no fam in the country u r from but then when they got up here u fount out something different would you feel like it was done intentionally?

Depends on family. Close family....then, yeah, I would have some serious issues. His cousin's nephews brothers fathers uncles sister.....and he forgot....probably not.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning, All.

So far this trip has been quite relaxing. We decided to save Kool Runnings for my next trip, when my aunt will be with us. But we did check out the movie theater in Montego Bay yesterday. I'm very pleased that one of the four movies they're showing is "The Hangover." I've heard that it's hilarious and wanted to see it with Steven.

A few of you told me to take lots of pictures this trip, and I felt bad reading that cause I don't think I'll take many at all. After all, who wants to see the inside of a hotel room? :lol:

I had a conversation topic:

What were your first impressions when you started chatting in the Yardies thread?

Mine: There was some drama going on when I first checked out the thread... I can't remember what, though. It seemed people took sides so I thought that everyone was cliquish. There were a few people who struck me as quick to get mean if you get on their bad side, and a few that struck me as very nice.

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

KK, enjoyed that scripture you posted.

November 19, 2007 - Met

You HAVE A CAR.

You ARE HEALING.

those are great words of encouragement, jg! that should be on a poster or a banner somewhere..

a lot of us could take this advice...

smiley-signs009.gif :thumbs: Isn't that the truth!

Jawi, you know I am praying for you, I sincerely hope everything works out for the best, Faith is the Key! (F)

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
You know its truly sad when a room full of beautiful women can be entertained by poopy conversation.

Let me ask a what if question...answer with the first thing that comes in your mind...don't try to answer with the most tactful answer. Ready? Here we go:

If you and your man were on the Titanic when it went down...and you were safe on the boat, would you try to get to him and rescue him knowing that there is a possibility others will overturn the boat trying to get on?

If you had a short knife, an oar and your hands, would you help your man get away from an attacking shark? If so, how would you do it?

I would try my damndest. Ironically, he's in water rescue, so i think he would probably save me, others, and then himself.

Well, if you really knew me, you would know I would probably end up stabbing myself in that process. I am not very graceful.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Good morning, All.

So far this trip has been quite relaxing. We decided to save Kool Runnings for my next trip, when my aunt will be with us. But we did check out the movie theater in Montego Bay yesterday. I'm very pleased that one of the four movies they're showing is "The Hangover." I've heard that it's hilarious and wanted to see it with Steven.

A few of you told me to take lots of pictures this trip, and I felt bad reading that cause I don't think I'll take many at all. After all, who wants to see the inside of a hotel room? :lol:

I had a conversation topic:

What were your first impressions when you started chatting in the Yardies thread?

Mine: There was some drama going on when I first checked out the thread... I can't remember what, though. It seemed people took sides so I thought that everyone was cliquish. There were a few people who struck me as quick to get mean if you get on their bad side, and a few that struck me as very nice.

when i was first on here, i didn't chat much. I was on here for one purpose and that was to get help with the paperwork. I was really impressed with the amount of knowledge everyone had about the process. since then, i've gotten to know some pretty cool people so i'm glad i stuck around...or should i say came back cause i was absent for awhile 'adjusting' my new husband :whistle:

Timeline
I need some advice cause i'm not trying to cuss anyone out again. the last baby mother....is now having the child call late at night and it is pissing me off. If I try and say something mr jengs says that is his child. she has the child call in the morning and in the afternoon weekdays and now weekends at night. Of course now I get on the phone and have the child talk to me but it gets on my nerves.

mr jengs used to have her look after his house cause he could never rely on his brother. but now the house...oops I forgot to tell u guys this...mr jengs house was on capture land in Parrytown and now the government is taking it back...

I have to go...mr jengs bought a mini-van all by himself...I am very proud of him......so i have to do the insurance thing over the computer...

any advice on the above subject which doesn't involve me getting loud will be appreciated.

ok..

trace di gyal..LOL..just kidding..how old is the child jengy?

Mr. jengy needs to address di seriously...like serious conversation...if it's 1am dat means right now its 12am a ja..wah di rass yuh pickney a do up so late anyway? him fi ask her dat...obviously she no respect yuh household..and she feel cause she did deh wid him..she still have some kinda privilege..nope sorry...there is no playing at 1am..ppl trying to sleep..dis slackness..

one night wah yh fi do is tell the likkle girl to put mommy on the phoine and respectfully tell her to please stop the phones wakes everyone is the house .LOL

and den if all a dat no wuk..fi real dis time..trace di gyal..

yea where the embassy is is NIIICE compared to other places

:thumbs:

we have had this phone problem before. not just from BM but from friends/family from JA and US alike. Once we go to bed, the cell phones are on silent and the house phone ringer is off. If there is an emergency in JA in the middle of the night....not much you can do at those hours anyway. Some people have no manners and you can't control what other people do.....so call if want in the middle of the night.....nobody nah guh answa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All the best on your interview roxcie

as far as first impressions are concerned

i thought (and do still think) this message board is seriously lacking in privacy because as a lurker i coulda fass inna everyone a onoo profile and see pictures and all

as far as the yardie thread i agree with nat where i thought ppl would be cliquish but to be honest that has not really been the case for the most part

i thought ppl would be stuck up or the other extreme and that hasn't been the case either. most ppl here are very down to earth

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

when i was first on here, i didn't chat much. I was on here for one purpose and that was to get help with the paperwork. I was really impressed with the amount of knowledge everyone had about the process. since then, i've gotten to know some pretty cool people so i'm glad i stuck around...or should i say came back cause i was absent for awhile 'adjusting' my new husband :whistle:

Same with me. I didn't chat much cause I wasn't sure where to jump in. But I was, and still am, impressed and grateful for the knowledge and tips you ladies share! I hope to help the next batch of filers as much as you all have helped me.

Electricity went out in my room. Good thing the wireless router is powered in the office.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.