SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I with you Quana...I was shocked to see so many Jamaican men taking care of their kids when I first started going to Jamaica. Not because of a preconceived notion about Jamaicans, but because it is not the norm in African American society. I know that there are a lot of African American men taking care of their children. These types of conversations are always dangerous because either you sound like a sterotype or you are disclaiming your opinion to death.

This last statement did NOT sound good Quana. I would be a little piss about you wanting my husband's samples. LMAO :devil::whistle::blink:

Jawi - Since I'm not perceived as bandwagoner on here...I bandwagon on what you said above.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I wrote a paper in college about perceptions, more about race than baby fathers. And most of the time, people formed their opinions about race based on their perception. Is it wrong? Of course. Are people human? Yes, and people generally form opinions on what they have seen. A open minded person would be open to not accepting only their perception but see what others perceive.

I grew up with both my Mom and Dad in the same household all of my aunts and uncles were married before they had kids. But once I get out of my house and talked with my friends..a lot of them didn't have either a mother or father supporting them. Some even lived with their grandparents. So my perception could easily be based on one side..my home life which I know...or what my friends experienced. I never passed judgement on anyone..I just came to the realization that their more fathers in Jamaica that take full responsible of their kids. Even in the States where the facts which states that 49% of African American child are without fathers. If I was to only based on my perception, I would think the stats were wrong. Me and all my brothers had our fathers in our lives. That's what I know.

Trust no one is blaming you for u for that.I too had my parents but trust I went to school, outtings etc..and saw different. I had friends that didn't either parents..they had a granny or aunt or cousin. I still new the world wasn't perfect..i guess I'm too much of a realist

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
D has turned into an amazing father!

that's great!! :thumbs:

That is.

One my friends was involved with the Jamaican man and was about to file for him and his kids. He kept telling her how the mother was not taking care of the kids....blah blah. I asked her if she ever had a conversation with the mother. Well her last trip, they ran into each other....let me tell you it was war....none of was true. Sad on both sides.

That is a hot mess!!!! :angry:

is she still with him?

Nope...she finally saw the light. Luckily it was before she filed. I never said anything about their relationship until she kept calling the BM names and saying bad things about her. I told her to be careful cuz he doesn't know that woman nor her struggles. She only knew what HE told her.

Timeline
Does anyone have any job searching tips for my hubby? How did you or your spouse go about getting employment with no experience in the US?

He has submitted so many applications. I want to know if there is something else we should try.

Are there any temporary employment agencies in your area? Great place to start for anyone just starting out really, they can hire for all types of industries with no experience/entry level positions which will gain then experience. Temp positions can also turn into permanent positions and even if they are only temp positions being registered with the one place with time can build a reputation of longevity in work history.

He's going to try that next week.

I'm really on this helping get a job kick now. He is really not feeling the stay at home Dad (to the puppy- Kimmy- is going to kissteet at this lol..) and want to be working and going to school now.

afta mi no blame di man..

Mi nah hear nuttin yet...I just sent in the AOS package yesterday...once that's accepted I will send in the DS-230 package mid August and then I'll wait!

ok..kool...good luck wid dat

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He's going to try that next week.

I'm really on this helping get a job kick now. He is really not feeling the stay at home Dad (to the puppy- Kimmy- is going to kissteet at this lol..) and want to be working and going to school

awww. i guess i can't blame him... good luck

Timeline
I with you Quana...I was shocked to see so many Jamaican men taking care of their kids when I first started going to Jamaica. Not because of a preconceived notion about Jamaicans, but because it is not the norm in African American society. I know that there are a lot of African American men taking care of their children. These types of conversations are always dangerous because either you sound like a sterotype or you are disclaiming your opinion to death.

This last statement did NOT sound good Quana. I would be a little piss about you wanting my husband's samples. LMAO :devil::whistle::blink:

Jawi - Since I'm not perceived as bandwagoner on here...I bandwagon on what you said above.

KK but it is the norm n ur African American society..is it not..or was i should say

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
jengy mi si yuh wah gwaan

mi deh yah!!!

I just feel like i'm running all the time, putting out fires. mr jengs and the van had me going over the moon.

now u hail me up...help me out with some advice nuh...

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

mi deh yah!!!

I just feel like i'm running all the time, putting out fires. mr jengs and the van had me going over the moon.

yuh done know mi dey yah anytime..link mi..u dash wey mi #

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

KK but it is the norm n ur African American society..is it not..or was i should say

don't know about the norm....but definitely that IS the stereotype

I wrote a paper in college about perceptions, more about race than baby fathers. And most of the time, people formed their opinions about race based on their perception. Is it wrong? Of course. Are people human? Yes, and people generally form opinions on what they have seen. A open minded person would be open to not accepting only their perception but see what others perceive.

I grew up with both my Mom and Dad in the same household all of my aunts and uncles were married before they had kids. But once I get out of my house and talked with my friends..a lot of them didn't have either a mother or father supporting them. Some even lived with their grandparents. So my perception could easily be based on one side..my home life which I know...or what my friends experienced. I never passed judgement on anyone..I just came to the realization that their more fathers in Jamaica that take full responsible of their kids. Even in the States where the facts which states that 49% of African American child are without fathers. If I was to only based on my perception, I would think the stats were wrong. Me and all my brothers had our fathers in our lives. That's what I know.

Trust no one is blaming you for u for that.I too had my parents but trust I went to school, outtings etc..and saw different. I had friends that didn't either parents..they had a granny or aunt or cousin. I still new the world wasn't perfect..i guess I'm too much of a realist

And u already know I'm an optimist :thumbs:

Timeline

mi nuh knoa wha fi seh jengy?? what is she calling for just to talk.. does mr jengs have a cell phone, let him bodda wid it.. i feel u.. i talk to roger's lil cousins every once and a while to catch up, but that often and at all those odd times is annoying..

but if mr jengs nuh see it?? wha u to do but nuh answa unless he's there if u don't wanna be bothered..is that mean??

Timeline

mi deh yah!!!

oops.... :blush: ....for some reason i saw jengay so thought Kimmy was talking to me and answered...sorry

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

Well, done with my meeting but I am about to sneak out of work, lol -

What a waste of 40 minutes - How are you going to call a meeting, hand me a page with a number on it and ask me why the legal spend was so high last year - Ummmm - how did you come up with that number? Is it M&A, research, litigation,......? Then she gives me a blank look and tells me she doesn't know where it came from! Idiot!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
FYI...

Ezetop promotion

200% Additional Bonus Credit with LIME Jamaica Top Ups this Friday 24th of July!

For example if you send a $10 top up to a LIME Jamaica customer, the subscriber in Jamaica then receives a second $20 minute top up to the same LIME phone for free.

That is, top up your mobile and receive balance for free!

Please inform your friends about this promotion!

Thanks Ells! Too bad it aint Digicel!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.