SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So not happy about this:

Spirit Airlines To Buy Air Jamaica -Report

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--The owners of discount-carrier Spirit Airlines Inc. will purchase Air Jamaica, renaming the money-losing government-owned carrier Spirit of Jamaica, according to the Jamaica Gleaner.

Indigo Partners and Oaktree Capital have reportedly bought the airline for an undisclosed sum, according to unnamed sources, the newspaper said.

Sources close to the negotiations would only confirm that Trinidadian-owned Caribbean Airlines did not win the bid for Air Jamaica. The Jamaican government wants to privatize the airline.

-By Christopher Hinton, 415-439-6400; AskNewswires@dowjones.com

smiley-shocked004.gif

Air Jamaica :crying:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardies. I am back from Philly. I had a blast! My cousins wedding was great. Portland were u in Philly as well?

The church was right Onley and Chew street. Philly i forgot to take ur #, but thats okay. I am tired. It was a 8 hr drive from Toronto. I did do shopping and I got alot of stuff for the kids. Take care!

Reality sinks in tomorrow as I go back to work :angry:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline

My2 I think a scrapbook is a great idea :thumbs:

Quana the anniversary of the day you met Roger coming smiley-dance017.gif

Ya'll sound so great together :luv:

Nat, you have to remember the Fireproof Movie was low budget and produced by the church... can't expect Spielberg quality...

Once I got into the story I was IN... Lawd, I bawled when he went to apologize to his Mom in the end :cry:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok...just cussed out another friend. This one is my co-worker who has a boyfriend in JA. She is leaving today for Africa for over a month and assumed I was going to take her boyfriend a package. Told her last night that I couldn't because of the new weight requirements (not taking AirJ this time) and I have to take things for Damien's family plus I am donating items to an orphanage. She said okay. I just got back from a meeting and what's sitting in my chair...a huge bag full of men clothes and shoes :o Just called and told her to better take this sh!t.....what is wrong with people???

Vent is over.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok...just cussed out another friend. This one is my co-worker who has a boyfriend in JA. She is leaving today for Africa for over a month and assumed I was going to take her boyfriend a package. Told her last night that I couldn't because of the new weight requirements (not taking AirJ this time) and I have to take things for Damien's family plus I am donating items to an orphanage. She said okay. I just got back from a meeting and what's sitting in my chair...a huge bag full of men clothes and shoes :o Just called and told her to better take this sh!t.....what is wrong with people???

Vent is over.

wow people can be pushy cant they ...

Nat, you have to remember the Fireproof Movie was low budget and produced by the church... can't expect Spielberg quality...

Once I got into the story I was IN... Lawd, I bawled when he went to apologize to his Mom in the end :cry:

thanks im getting more excited about doing it now ....

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Vent is over.

LMAO Shem I can relate - I had a friend that asked me if I could take something to her family - I told her I had no room for anything major, and the weight issues - Something small or pics, no problem - Came into work and had a damn deep fryer sitting in my office!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well im off to work so i know that when i get back i will have a book to read ...

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Vent is over.

LMAO Shem I can relate - I had a friend that asked me if I could take something to her family - I told her I had no room for anything major, and the weight issues - Something small or pics, no problem - Came into work and had a damn deep fryer sitting in my office!

:rofl: She did not want to hear NO for an answer. I told her 1000 times the orphanage was my main concern...she even

donated some toys. So why would I take things for her??????

I took stuff for her a few years ago and it took half of my suitcase...never again. He wears size 13 shoe :blink:

Timeline
Funny you mention this when I was watching Fireproof I forget how the phrase went but it was something about listen more and talk less. I think that is my problem as I'm sure you ladies can tell I talk way more than I listen. I think because when something is on my mind I'm so quick to go off to get my point across and when the person is talking back to me I'm so busy thinking of the next thing I'm going to say I'm not concentrating on what my mate has said. My husband used to always tell me "Would you let me talk" my reply back was well if you weren’t' so darn slow with talking maybe I would... Mean I know but that was me. I don’t know after seeing the movie I just for some reason am now seeing marriage being more serious than what I thought.

(((DaDa))) (F)

I tell you Fireproof and the Love Dare changed my whole perspective on whether marriages can really survive in this day in age...

I BELIEVE with out a doubt that my fiance' and I can make this marriage work.

It does help that we both come from families that stayed together and were loving!

But still, society today treats marriage as disposable :no:

If you liked the movie, you will love the book even more... :yes:

Now, find a MAN who is open to this philosophy and you are golden! :thumbs:

thats the rub!!!

Timeline
Hey Yardies. I am back from Philly. I had a blast! My cousins wedding was great. Portland were u in Philly as well?

The church was right Onley and Chew street. Philly i forgot to take ur #, but thats okay. I am tired. It was a 8 hr drive from Toronto. I did do shopping and I got alot of stuff for the kids. Take care!

Reality sinks in tomorrow as I go back to work :angry:

glad to hear u enjoyed ur trip.. i feel like u were so close just cuz u were in the same country for a change LOL even tho tx is nowhere near philly :rofl:

Good Morning All….

How was everyone’s weekend?

Well after listening to Steve Harvey this morning I think we should follow suit and have a discussion about … Marriage. This weekend I watched Fireproof and ladies I must admit the movie was really good and I do want to get the book Love Dare. I even enjoyed the songs played during the movie and said I might buy the soundtrack. Well after hearing about Steven McNair and the governor from down south who got busted it just made me think what the heck is going on with marriages these days. Its like they are getting out of control with all the cheating. Steve Harvey and them were discussing how men and woman step out of their marriages because their mate is not freaky enough. So you all agree? Some viewers thought your mate is always freaky and then once you say I do its like you go to regular boring sex. The others said sometimes the husband doesn’t want to get that freaky with their wives because they put them on a pedal stool and there are certain things you just don’t want to do with your mate wive because you have to look at her the next morning but still I would think if you have made vows to be with this man the rest of your life. U have to be creative to keep the other one interested. I agree with the comment you do some much to get your mate and then once you get them you stop. So what do you all think?

Good morning all.. hope everyone had a great weekend..

i will tell ya'll bout mine, but i first wanted to comment dada.. its funny cuz i have a lot of cheaters as friends :blush: ... and i have always asked these guys.. "did u cheat cuz u were missing something at home?" most always say NO... they just cheat cuz they could.. they had the oppurtunity.. WAS there anything ur gf could have done better or more often to prevent it, i ask?? most said NO..

now take these are men between ages of 25-30 SOOOOO i think older men have a whole other mindset..thats what explains the answers steve harvey and them gave..

i agree that u have to keep things spicy..i mean since the kids have come.. i am alot less "WILD", but i have to take at least one time out of the day to "bring it" :rofl: i don't want roger to stop complementing me and telling me he loves me every min so i have to keep up the things that he enjoys about me too and most of the time, its not how i am a wonderful mother or kept the house clean or cooked that fab meal (altho they do make him love me more LOL).. Yes he understands when i have limitations becuz of work or being tired, but i shouldn't use that as an excuse to be unresponsive to his needs.

at the same time some guys are just gonna cheat no matter what, so u hopefully have to pick up on that "KIND" of man b4 u say "i do"

Hey Ladies,

I agree with Quanna you have a responsibility to your marriage to keep things spicy and new. However this will not always dictate whether your mate will cheat or not! The most freakiest and fabulous women have been cheated on just because! It depends on the mate, Big Boi had a topic in his radio show this morning are some people just born cheaters. There was an overwhelming response to the topic and I thought alot about it and I think it has to do with the situations people go through and the relationship and circumstances. Some people just do it cause they can, opportunity presents itself and of course they pounce on it (no pun intended) some men just can't be content with one woman! That's why relationships these days are so hard especially the LDR's cause its always in the back of your mind, what happening when I am not there! Most importantly get to know your mate and don't rush into any relationship and especially marriage without putting in the proper time! I say just always follow your instincts, if you suspect he is cheating he most likely is!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

right.. Kirk Cameron has done a heck of a job just to get these evangelistic movies into mainstream and they do as well as they do. i admire his faith and passion..

i cried at the end too.. i liked when the wife found out the great gift her hubby had given her.. his sacrifice..

Timeline
Yeah tonight i will go through all my photos .... and make decision on which ones to use..

I have a project I am starting on tonight too.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just got back from a meeting and what's sitting in my chair...a huge bag full of men clothes and shoes :o Just called and told her to better take this sh!t.....what is wrong with people???

That's hilarious. Good thing you are not easy to walk-over.

Has anyone stayed at Merrill's before?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.