SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
okay.. all my sungold lovers..

i found the song and it IS on tennille and rasheeds wedding.. can someone pls find me the name of that artist and song .. sus?? philly???

i want that song at my wedding, reception, honeymoon something.. i cry every dyam time i hear it.....

you are the love of my life!!!!!!!!!

I googled for you Quana..... Michelle Featherstone - We Are Man And Wife

im bout to cry ells.. :crying: thank you soooo much.. i tried to look it up w/ no luck.. let me write this down.. ive never heard of her but i LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE her voice..

do mind another task.. what about the song on teneshia and micheal.. "DESTINY"..???

good morning yardies.. happy friday..

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

so he lied about taking care of his kids. Well at least he told her he had kids....I know someone that only told his wife about 1 child..he has about 3 more in Jamaica and he is sending money and items to them. SMH..

wow. i wonder what would compel someone to be honest about one kids existence, but deny the others? Especially since he obviously cares for all of them? Maybe got caught up in a lie and as we all know.. lies are like snowballs.. they grow and GROW and GROW!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
thats true finesse.. but soccer is just a hobby,its not exclusive to jamaica.. he doesn't care if he plays w/ americans or jamaicans.. he just wants to play.. and soccer (or futbol) is just not very popular down here, u drive down the street and u will either see regular football or baseball being played, if anybody is outside at all LOL.. so we have to go to whoever is playing, its just a bonus that its his country men.. but i understand where u are coming from tho..

i know. i'm just saying i've done my fair share of running around too and worrying about whether my husband was going to be truly happy here. i came to the realization that my husband is happy with trying new things and meeting new people and just being with me no matter where we are.

just don't kill yourself out. how about trying something new together? i got my husband to go to yoga class w/me...

I was really stressed about cooking white rice (I can't keep it shelly for some reason...unless I do paraboiled) for A. I mean I was so worried about it, I was thinking about telling him that I'm allergic to it. Well, I told him about my fears today and he laughed so hard. He said baby...I can't believe you are stressed about white rice...we have a good thing going if that is all you are worried about. LOL

I just want him to be happy, and I want him to make friends...they don't have to be Jamaican...but I don't want him to hate it here.

Jawi - That is so sweet!! I'm in LOVE (L) with LOVE (L)(F)

Jawi How are you feeling today? Thanks so much for your updates :reading:

I'm okay. I just found out from the company that handles my disability pay, that if I get approved for long term disability...I will no longer be on the payroll with my job, and I would have to reapply for work after my long term disability ended in two years. #######!!!!??? So, if I don't go to work Monday...I will be fired.

I can't loose my job of 11 years...so I will go in...force myself to work doped up on all kind of pills. This sucks so bad. Please pray for me that I have little to no pain...and that my neck begins to heal...Please...I need all the prayers I can get.

Jawi - I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish you nothing but the best. And remember God has a plan for you.

who is pregnant on here for real?

Maybe it's u? :rofl::rofl::hehe:

ME????

i have been kind of thinking about it. how does it work again?

Timeline
okay.. all my sungold lovers..

i found the song and it IS on tennille and rasheeds wedding.. can someone pls find me the name of that artist and song .. sus?? philly???

i want that song at my wedding, reception, honeymoon something.. i cry every dyam time i hear it.....

you are the love of my life!!!!!!!!!

I googled for you Quana..... Michelle Featherstone - We Are Man And Wife

im bout to cry ells.. :crying: thank you soooo much.. i tried to look it up w/ no luck.. let me write this down.. ive never heard of her but i LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE her voice..

do mind another task.. what about the song on teneshia and micheal.. "DESTINY"..???

good morning yardies.. happy friday..

Our Destiny by Michael Warner

LOL Quana, I knew you were going to ask about that one, don’t ask me how, I just did. :yes: Sometimes if they have it you can click on the little music symbol under the slideshow where all the icons are and it will tell you the song and who sings it.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
Question for those of you whose SO/spouses have children: This has come up alot here, and I was just wondering...I see that many of you have plans to have your spouse's/SO's children come to live with you, but how do their mother's REALLY feel? It seems to me that once the SO is up here that it's assumed or automatic that the children will follow, but really are the kids, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, or whatever truly ok and comfortable w/ this? I mean I understand the underlying premise, that they will have more opportunities & better way of life (which to me really is relative), but is it really in the best interest of EVERYONE involved? Are we imposing our "American" values and beliefs about what's "best"? How does the conversation go with the birth mother? Any resistance or opposition any experienced? And what about starting out w/ a trial first--like a visitor's visa (may be easier for a child to get, not sure) to test if the child really does like the US, will thrive here, etc? Just some random thoughts that I'm having...honest answers and input would be greatly appreciated. :thumbs:

In regard to my stepdaughter, we all sat down and discuss the options. Her mom agreed for her to come up when time and she would cover the expense from the Jamaica side. Now, the daughter and hubby talk every sunday and she ALWAYS ask when can she come up. Hubby would like her to come up on visitor visa..because he is not working and doesn' think the expense should be all on me. I think both parents have to agree about the child just up and move here.

Do you think it is a red flag if the fiance or spouse is pushing to bring their child over with them when they didn't have a strong relationship with the child? Whew...long question.

yes

Timeline
jawi~ (F)(L)(F) if you need me to do anything for ya, you must let me know

i can research, make calls, pray........

hi mr2! you good?

JAEnglish~ going to print out your story and read at work

RE: pickney coming to the states-

BabyMama has seen her pickney maybe 4 times since he was born. (2 1/2 years ago)

NO calls, NO money for food clothes etc, NO visits.......

NOTHING

i dont understand it :wacko:

with much help from his grandma and sister, D has turned into an amazing father!

BM signed away her parental rights about two months ago,

D felt like she looked "relieved" after signing the papers :(

Having been there at the party the night that baby was conceived, I know the background of this story. I sort of get why she is like that from knowing her. I am glad D stepped up to the plate. I have always thought he was a terrific guy (you know that, A). I'm sure he is a wonderful father. Hopefully, the child does not talk as much as his father, though!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I mean to post my silly question on the yardie thread! (sorry all, I'm still getting used to this website)

Were days away from filing - should we get a lawyer? Anyone do this on their own- advice? I don't want to make any mistakes...

Timeline
I mean to post my silly question on the yardie thread! (sorry all, I'm still getting used to this website)

Were days away from filing - should we get a lawyer? Anyone do this on their own- advice? I don't want to make any mistakes...

We all did our own. Unless really difficult circumstances, a lawyer is a waste of time and money. Check the guides on this forum and than ask us questions.

Good luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

so he lied about taking care of his kids. Well at least he told her he had kids....I know someone that only told his wife about 1 child..he has about 3 more in Jamaica and he is sending money and items to them. SMH..

wow. i wonder what would compel someone to be honest about one kids existence, but deny the others? Especially since he obviously cares for all of them? Maybe got caught up in a lie and as we all know.. lies are like snowballs.. they grow and GROW and GROW!

Yep..I think he didn't want to run her away if she said he had 4 kids. She is trying to get pregnant now.

Timeline
Question for those of you whose SO/spouses have children: This has come up alot here, and I was just wondering...I see that many of you have plans to have your spouse's/SO's children come to live with you, but how do their mother's REALLY feel? It seems to me that once the SO is up here that it's assumed or automatic that the children will follow, but really are the kids, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, or whatever truly ok and comfortable w/ this? I mean I understand the underlying premise, that they will have more opportunities & better way of life (which to me really is relative), but is it really in the best interest of EVERYONE involved? Are we imposing our "American" values and beliefs about what's "best"? How does the conversation go with the birth mother? Any resistance or opposition any experienced? And what about starting out w/ a trial first--like a visitor's visa (may be easier for a child to get, not sure) to test if the child really does like the US, will thrive here, etc? Just some random thoughts that I'm having...honest answers and input would be greatly appreciated. :thumbs:

nice topic mrs p.. i can't wait to see what some of the ladies will say.. i am like u and VERY surprised that roger said he would be filing for the children.. he says he wants he his children w/ him AND that they have better chances here. i am of course cool with this becuz i accepted to marry a man w/ children so i have to be ready to help raise those children.

i have asked him at LEAST 3 or 4 times is he sure that this would be ok w/ the children's mothers, it was so hard for me to believe this.. he said the oldest mom, said that she would accept it becuz of the oppurtunity.. she is a good mom and his son is her youngest son. i think its easier said than done honestly.. in theory, alot of things are possible..

thr other mom still wants roger and sometimes she says its ok, sometimes she says no.. roger is pretty sure that she will allow his son to come but not his daughter..

i would be heart broken.. i can't imagine my kids going to another state let alone another country..and another woman who i don't know rearing them.. but roger keeps saying that its different in the yard...

Timeline

lawyer??? if you can read, write and follow directions then a lawyer is unnecessary

Finesse - I have not kids...so I can't tell you nothing.

i have one but forgot how it go. maybe someone else can help.

Unless you have some a interesting case..a lawyer is really not needed.

Hey has anyone on here used a lawyer? I can't even remember one person.

Timeline

lawyer??? if you can read, write and follow directions then a lawyer is unnecessary

That makes sense!

Yep..I think he didn't want to run her away if she said he had 4 kids. She is trying to get pregnant now.

There you go! I think I'd think less of someone MORE if I knew he lied than knowing he had four children. Men can be so strange.. lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.