SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

JaEng - I truly don't feel that my stepdaughter's mother is after the money. But she wants the best for her child. She agree to send her over. And the girl, will come when the time is right. Me and baby mother are not friends (as in I don't call her and chat) and we are not enemies either (we don't dislike each other). She has moved on and has another baby and fiance now.

Here in the US, most of the time the child would stay with the Mother.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:sleepy:

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Morning all!

thank you Sus and Mrs. Palmer. If anyone can find a loop hole it would be you Sus. I don't think I have a choice since Georgia is a right to hire state.

Jawi, I dug abit but didn't find anything so far - I will keep working on it!

On another note...

Obviously I don't know your individual stories, but I do wonder why it seems the MAJORITY of people's SO's baby mothers are depicted as being incompetent/money grabbing monsters. In reality, I find MOST mothers are good mothers. Perhaps not good spouses, but LOVE their kids.

Well, from my point of view - and I haven't met the woman, but JAEng, you have met that beautiful little boy - She walked away from him when he was just an infant, and pretty much has had no contact - she's living her life, hooking and doing drugs - In the past 4-5 years she has seen her son ONCE, which coincidentally was right after the first time her family found out about me - she suddenly reappeared and took him from school without telling ANYONE, and disappeared with him for 3 months - got tired of playing mommy and brought him back. The next contact came one trip when DJ came to pick me up at the airport - he saw her walking and stopped to talk to her - She told him that her son needs a laptop - Being on the other side of the island, how the FOCK would she know what he needed? Until something proves otherwise to me - she's incompetent and a money grabbing monster.

I didn't realize so many fathers were really stepping up to the plate in jamaica!!!! that is so positive.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

my fiance his baby mother only calls when she need stuff for his son .. she doesnt let him see him for more then a few minutes and she will only let him see him at her house (her excuse is he will take him and run to america with him) > My fiance finally told her you have to help take care of him too .

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
D has turned into an amazing father!

that's great!! :thumbs:

That is.

One my friends was involved with the Jamaican man and was about to file for him and his kids. He kept telling her how the mother was not taking care of the kids....blah blah. I asked her if she ever had a conversation with the mother. Well her last trip, they ran into each other....let me tell you it was war....none of was true. Sad on both sides.

happy friday!

Happy Friday!!! :dance: I'm so ready for the weekend. I don't have vacation scheduled until August 31st.

That is.

One my friends was involved with the Jamaican man and was about to file for him and his kids. He kept telling her how the mother was not taking care of the kids....blah blah. I asked her if she ever had a conversation with the mother. Well her last trip, they ran into each other....let me tell you it was war....none of was true. Sad on both sides.

so he lied about taking care of his kids. Well at least he told her he had kids....I know someone that only told his wife about 1 child..he has about 3 more in Jamaica and he is sending money and items to them. SMH..

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
jawi i am almost in tears over this

this is so unfair

i am praying for you

My sentiments exactly. :( Can’t remember which type of leave you took this time, but from a previous coworker at my job I remember they couldn’t even let her back without the doctors release. So how can you go in on Monday unless the doctor releases you what today. When I use to work in Disability/Absence Management and an employee had to return to work we often tried to work with the employee’s restrictions. Maybe they can let you come back to modified duties, part-time work, or working from home, or if your job can’t be performed as an off-site employee then maybe they can give you another position that can be modified. At least you keep your job and your years of service and can still accrue time. This is so saddening when you are truly someone who needs this time and is not just taking advantage of the circumstances. My prayers are with you. (F)

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Water is like Rita's here in maryland. That's it I'm going to Rita's after work.

Yup we have Rita's too but they charge too much and they cut the top off and put a lid on it and give you a straw, what the heck is that about? I oly go when they give away the free ones on the 1st day of Spring LOL

I got a coupon for a free cup of Rita's ice..for the location near my house. I was researching the franchise options. I would love to own one in Florida.

Sus, I read the comments at that link. Good to see people being supportive! I might have to create an account so I can post...

This week, Tia's performance received mixed reviews. Nadine loved it, but Anthony didn't. I asked Tia yesterday how she (and the others) are able to maintain their composure when the judges give negative opinions. (Cause I'd start crying) She said you have to maintain your composure since the whole country is watching. She added that she's been singing too long and received too much positive feedback to put too much weight into what one person says.

That's great that she has maintained a positive attitude!!!

thats true finesse.. but soccer is just a hobby,its not exclusive to jamaica.. he doesn't care if he plays w/ americans or jamaicans.. he just wants to play.. and soccer (or futbol) is just not very popular down here, u drive down the street and u will either see regular football or baseball being played, if anybody is outside at all LOL.. so we have to go to whoever is playing, its just a bonus that its his country men.. but i understand where u are coming from tho..

i know. i'm just saying i've done my fair share of running around too and worrying about whether my husband was going to be truly happy here. i came to the realization that my husband is happy with trying new things and meeting new people and just being with me no matter where we are.

just don't kill yourself out. how about trying something new together? i got my husband to go to yoga class w/me...

I was really stressed about cooking white rice (I can't keep it shelly for some reason...unless I do paraboiled) for A. I mean I was so worried about it, I was thinking about telling him that I'm allergic to it. Well, I told him about my fears today and he laughed so hard. He said baby...I can't believe you are stressed about white rice...we have a good thing going if that is all you are worried about. LOL

I just want him to be happy, and I want him to make friends...they don't have to be Jamaican...but I don't want him to hate it here.

Jawi - That is so sweet!! I'm in LOVE (L) with LOVE (L)(F)

Jawi How are you feeling today? Thanks so much for your updates :reading:

I'm okay. I just found out from the company that handles my disability pay, that if I get approved for long term disability...I will no longer be on the payroll with my job, and I would have to reapply for work after my long term disability ended in two years. #######!!!!??? So, if I don't go to work Monday...I will be fired.

I can't loose my job of 11 years...so I will go in...force myself to work doped up on all kind of pills. This sucks so bad. Please pray for me that I have little to no pain...and that my neck begins to heal...Please...I need all the prayers I can get.

Jawi - I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish you nothing but the best. And remember God has a plan for you.

who is pregnant on here for real?

Maybe it's u? :rofl::rofl::hehe:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
happy friday!

Happy Friday!!! :dance: I'm so ready for the weekend. I don't have vacation scheduled until August 31st.

That is.

so he lied about taking care of his kids. Well at least he told her he had kids....I know someone that only told his wife about 1 child..he has about 3 more in Jamaica and he is sending money and items to them. SMH..

No, he lied about the mother being absent from the kids lives. Come to find out, they were still together and always been there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
my fiance his baby mother only calls when she need stuff for his son .. she doesnt let him see him for more then a few minutes and she will only let him see him at her house (her excuse is he will take him and run to america with him) > My fiance finally told her you have to help take care of him too .

Gosh that sounds familiar...! I think my husband contributes more to the care of his kids than most men pay for child support here! AND that's on a Jcan salary...

One day my step son accidently called her by my name and she smacked him! (sounds like someone has a insecurity issue, huh?) My son's father remarried and he even decided to move in with his dad last year to be near to his new baby brother and sister - I have no problem with his stepmom taking care of him or him loving here. It doesnt threaten my relationship with him at all! Some women are different I guess...

I've learned to just keep my mouth shut and let him deal with BM on his own. However, when he gets here, since his kids will stay with her for the time being, I dont think I can be quiet knowing exactly how much he contributes. I think he needs to have her help as well since she is working! UGH. Sorry for the ramble.. this thread just hit a nerve with me!

happy friday!

That is.

No, he lied about the mother being absent from the kids lives. Come to find out, they were still together and always been there.

Oh boy...that's not good. I hate when stuff like this happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.