SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yeah Philly you might have to, there is always a game going on in Fairmont Park. I know when I move I am going to have to have easy access back down to the park, but it shouldn’t be too far from you. It’s as soon as you come off the drive. Weekends there’s always a game but it seems they start pretty early.

Hey J,

Is it a Soccer game or a Yardie Football game LOL Is it Lincoln drive, or Kelly or MLK I can't picture which part of the Park?

Don’t get me to lying. I haven’t stopped and talk to anyone yet to find out, it’s on my list of things to do. But it’s not American soccer though I’m not sure which nationality they are. We have a high African community so I’m not sure. It’s near the Carousel House across from the new location for the Please Touch Museum. But you know right off of West River drive (near the Plat) there is a field too and I have seen some playing there it’s just that the Carousel field always host big matches. The drive is sometime packed on weekends because of it.

OOOOh J We have to go! That has to be it he would love to go and I will drag my youngest with me too he is good as well!

I know. A is so good too, I know his face will lite up the first time I take him because that park is just a fun place to be on the w/e. I’ll take the girl’s bikes or kites or go to the museum and he can play/watch 'til his heart's content. :)

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='dancehallquana'

He went to the office to apply for his SSN 2 weeks ago after the GC arrived they said it would take 2 weeks but it hasn't arrived yet, it better come today :angry:

i knew it!

uhh on the ssn :blush: i don't wanna rain on ur parade but if DHS didn't do it for him then it could take up to 8 weeks.... but u never know, urs might just be there today :unsure: what happended w/ immigration doing it??? i know that happens sometimes.. those ppl are soo mad when they call and nothing is in the system for them after DHS said they would do it.. then they have to come into our office and start all over.. but ssn timeframes are just like visa filing..its the luck of the draw :yes:

Are you serious??? Well initially there was an issue that they lost his paperwork somewhere between the POE and Texas GC processing. So after a horrid day on the phone with the USCIS I got a supervisor who assisted with our case and it was finally processed and we received the Welcome letter around the 3 month mark and the GC about 3 weeks later. Since we never recvd the SSN he went to the office with his GC and Welcome letter and they didn't see that there was one assigned so they processed it on 7/7. It was a mess but we were tying to sort it all out. It was funny that a Yardie waited on him and told him no worries it soon come. Sooooo we shall see, but thanks for the heads up!

My Girlfriend who went through this process with me who filed for her Step Father in Columbia arrived and his SSN was recvd the following week and the GC the next. Go figure!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Yeah Philly you might have to, there is always a game going on in Fairmont Park. I know when I move I am going to have to have easy access back down to the park, but it shouldn’t be too far from you. It’s as soon as you come off the drive. Weekends there’s always a game but it seems they start pretty early.

Hey J,

Is it a Soccer game or a Yardie Football game LOL Is it Lincoln drive, or Kelly or MLK I can't picture which part of the Park?

Don’t get me to lying. I haven’t stopped and talk to anyone yet to find out, it’s on my list of things to do. But it’s not American soccer though I’m not sure which nationality they are. We have a high African community so I’m not sure. It’s near the Carousel House across from the new location for the Please Touch Museum. But you know right off of West River drive (near the Plat) there is a field too and I have seen some playing there it’s just that the Carousel field always host big matches. The drive is sometime packed on weekends because of it.

OOOOh J We have to go! That has to be it he would love to go and I will drag my youngest with me too he is good as well!

I know. A is so good too, I know his face will lite up the first time I take him because that park is just a fun place to be on the w/e. I’ll take the girl’s bikes or kites or go to the museum and he can play/watch 'til his heart's content. :)

I will run up and down the Museum steps like Rocky till I pass out :rofl: :rofl:

On the weekend when we are driving by we see all the tourists taking pic by the Rocky statue it is too funny they are all over that statue :lol:

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
Just dropping in...

Decided to go walking instead of being on the internet during lunch and just got soaked :o

Philly - can you please call Kimora at Baby Phat and tell her to put her summer clothes on sale since her fall line is out :jest: We have a Foreman Mills here buy I've never been...gotta check it out.

see u should have stayed on the internet!!

Exactly. At least I get to get home :thumbs:

Ooooh Shemmy did you go play in the rain on purpose? BRB...let me see if it work.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
[quote name='dancehallquana'

He went to the office to apply for his SSN 2 weeks ago after the GC arrived they said it would take 2 weeks but it hasn't arrived yet, it better come today :angry:

i knew it!

uhh on the ssn :blush: i don't wanna rain on ur parade but if DHS didn't do it for him then it could take up to 8 weeks.... but u never know, urs might just be there today :unsure: what happended w/ immigration doing it??? i know that happens sometimes.. those ppl are soo mad when they call and nothing is in the system for them after DHS said they would do it.. then they have to come into our office and start all over.. but ssn timeframes are just like visa filing..its the luck of the draw :yes:

Are you serious??? Well initially there was an issue that they lost his paperwork somewhere between the POE and Texas GC processing. So after a horrid day on the phone with the USCIS I got a supervisor who assisted with our case and it was finally processed and we received the Welcome letter around the 3 month mark and the GC about 3 weeks later. Since we never recvd the SSN he went to the office with his GC and Welcome letter and they didn't see that there was one assigned so they processed it on 7/7. It was a mess but we were tying to sort it all out. It was funny that a Yardie waited on him and told him no worries it soon come. Sooooo we shall see, but thanks for the heads up!

My Girlfriend who went through this process with me who filed for her Step Father in Columbia arrived and his SSN was recvd the following week and the GC the next. Go figure!

yeah when dhs does it.. its MUCH quicker.. but every so often u have one that i GUESS slips thru the cracks..

2 weeks is what they tell everybody, even those americans that come and get a replacement card

the original is much more complicated cuz we have to go thru DHS to confirm his status..DHS could take weeks to get back to us..so its them that slows down the processing..

don't lose heart honey.. u never know what could happen.. (F) sorry if i stressed u..

Timeline

Hey J,

I will run up and down the Museum steps like Rocky till I pass out :rofl: :rofl:

On the weekend when we are driving by we see all the tourists taking pic by the Rocky statue it is too funny they are all over that statue :lol:

i would be too!!!

i never knew that was REAL!!

that sounds like such a fun park

shemmy why they tell ya'll to go home??? and can they talk to my supervisor??

yeah when dhs does it.. its MUCH quicker.. but every so often u have one that i GUESS slips thru the cracks..

2 weeks is what they tell everybody, even those americans that come and get a replacement card

the original is much more complicated cuz we have to go thru DHS to confirm his status..DHS could take weeks to get back to us..so its them that slows down the processing..

don't lose heart honey.. u never know what could happen.. (F) sorry if i stressed u..

You nuh stress mi girl, I am glad you shared the info with me cause I would just be calling and stalking and harassing the SSN admin haaaa. I am now better prepared, this whole process has been slow so nothing surprises me now.

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
JG - speaking of Lush - what do you recomment? I bought shower gel so some other thingy (kinda like bar soap) few weeks ago.

Comforter Bubble Bar is my favorite.

Dream Cream is awesome.

Lemony Flutter for dry cracked feet, knees, elbows, hands, etc.

I'm really bad though. I have a closet full of the stuff and use every single thing.

Hey, Dillon......Did you tell M this is NOT normal St. Louis weather for this time of the year?

How did you warn him about winter?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

i would be too!!!

i never knew that was REAL!!

that sounds like such a fun park

I Love that we have Fairmount park in Philly and it spans the entire city! Also it's knows for all of its trails and historic routes for the bikers and joggers. I am surprised most Philadelphian's have gym memberships because we have so many paces to Jog and ride and its all free! I love Philly , except the winter :no: LOL

Edited by phillyfashionista

****ROC VSC****

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Quana - I want ice cream now.

me tooooooooooooo!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

I want a Water Ice and a Philly cheese pretzel

****ROC VSC****

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.