SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I hate skinny pants on guys.

well they usually look good on not so skinny guys.

I don't think they look good on any guys. Chi chi mon!!!!!!

I don't think they do either. Hubby and I went to the Galleria on Friday afternoon. OMG they were everywhere!

We used to stand in the doorway of Lush and make fun of them.

Take him to THE COMPLEX and see a drag show if he ever thinks he wants to wear them. Those guy spectators ALL have them on.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just dropping in...

Decided to go walking instead of being on the internet during lunch and just got soaked :o

Philly - can you please call Kimora at Baby Phat and tell her to put her summer clothes on sale since her fall line is out :jest: We have a Foreman Mills here buy I've never been...gotta check it out.

Awwe Shem , this rain is a pain ( ooh that rhymed LOL) I'm a nerd :ot2:

LOL Let me make a phone call and handle that for you! :lol:

Dereon has Diva Thursdays 20% off but where is the Hot hell is my Romper! They have re-listed some other best sellers but not my romper. I think that will be phone call # 2!!!!!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just dropping in...

Decided to go walking instead of being on the internet during lunch and just got soaked :o

Philly - can you please call Kimora at Baby Phat and tell her to put her summer clothes on sale since her fall line is out :jest: We have a Foreman Mills here buy I've never been...gotta check it out.

see u should have stayed on the internet!!

Exactly. At least I get to get home :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
thats true finesse.. but soccer is just a hobby,its not exclusive to jamaica.. he doesn't care if he plays w/ americans or jamaicans.. he just wants to play.. and soccer (or futbol) is just not very popular down here, u drive down the street and u will either see regular football or baseball being played, if anybody is outside at all LOL.. so we have to go to whoever is playing, its just a bonus that its his country men.. but i understand where u are coming from tho..

i know. i'm just saying i've done my fair share of running around too and worrying about whether my husband was going to be truly happy here. i came to the realization that my husband is happy with trying new things and meeting new people and just being with me no matter where we are.

just don't kill yourself out. how about trying something new together? i got my husband to go to yoga class w/me...

i understand u finesse, don't overwork ourselves trying to make our men happy, thy already have that w/ us.. u are SOOOO right, like ur hubby, roger is okay w/ ANYTHING we do, while i am constantly trying to get into SOMETHING LOL. :thumbs:

in my own situation.. roger has spent 4 weeks here enjoying my life, my clubs, my family, my friends, my hobbys..and all this is his new life too so he is loving every min of it, BUT i wouldn't be a good soon to be wife if i didn't make some kind of effort for him to seek his own interests too :luv:

thanks hun for the heads up tho .. i CAN get crazy in my pursuits!! :yes:

it is a big adjustment...just have to find a happy medium.

you are doing the right thing...

Yeah Philly you might have to, there is always a game going on in Fairmont Park. I know when I move I am going to have to have easy access back down to the park, but it shouldn’t be too far from you. It’s as soon as you come off the drive. Weekends there’s always a game but it seems they start pretty early.

Hey J,

Is it a Soccer game or a Yardie Football game LOL Is it Lincoln drive, or Kelly or MLK I can't picture which part of the Park?

Don’t get me to lying. I haven’t stopped and talk to anyone yet to find out, it’s on my list of things to do. But it’s not American soccer though I’m not sure which nationality they are. We have a high African community so I’m not sure. It’s near the Carousel House across from the new location for the Please Touch Museum. But you know right off of West River drive (near the Plat) there is a field too and I have seen some playing there it’s just that the Carousel field always host big matches. The drive is sometime packed on weekends because of it.

OOOOh J We have to go! That has to be it he would love to go and I will drag my youngest with me too he is good as well!

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
Just dropping in...

u live that close to work???

thats true finesse.. but soccer is just a hobby,its not exclusive to jamaica.. he doesn't care if he plays w/ americans or jamaicans.. he just wants to play.. and soccer (or futbol) is just not very popular down here, u drive down the street and u will either see regular football or baseball being played, if anybody is outside at all LOL.. so we have to go to whoever is playing, its just a bonus that its his country men.. but i understand where u are coming from tho..

i know. i'm just saying i've done my fair share of running around too and worrying about whether my husband was going to be truly happy here. i came to the realization that my husband is happy with trying new things and meeting new people and just being with me no matter where we are.

just don't kill yourself out. how about trying something new together? i got my husband to go to yoga class w/me...

i understand u finesse, don't overwork ourselves trying to make our men happy, thy already have that w/ us.. u are SOOOO right, like ur hubby, roger is okay w/ ANYTHING we do, while i am constantly trying to get into SOMETHING LOL. :thumbs:

in my own situation.. roger has spent 4 weeks here enjoying my life, my clubs, my family, my friends, my hobbys..and all this is his new life too so he is loving every min of it, BUT i wouldn't be a good soon to be wife if i didn't make some kind of effort for him to seek his own interests too :luv:

so how long will it take for the filing of ur stepchild??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I hate skinny pants on guys.

well they usually look good on not so skinny guys.

I don't think they look good on any guys. Chi chi mon!!!!!!

I don't think they do either. Hubby and I went to the Galleria on Friday afternoon. OMG they were everywhere!

We used to stand in the doorway of Lush and make fun of them.

Take him to THE COMPLEX and see a drag show if he ever thinks he wants to wear them. Those guy spectators ALL have them on.

That won't be happening..he has a hard enough time seeing the tight pants in the mall.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just dropping in...

Nope but they told us to go home. We are still dripping wet.

Philli - that shirt I emailed you last week was $37 on Dereon now it's $62 this week :blink: Beyonce needs to stop it.

ya'll gonna make me look for this kind of store.. i love a good deal thats why i LOVVVEEEEE ross and marshalls..

philly has ur hubby gotten his ead yet?? is he job hunting?

http://www.formanmills.com/locations.html

Quanna Looks like its only PENNSYLVANIA NEW JERSEY NEW YORK MARYLAND DELAWARE MICHIGAN , sorry girl!

He went to the office to apply for his SSN 2 weeks ago after the GC arrived they said it would take 2 weeks but it hasn't arrived yet, it better come today :angry:

****ROC VSC****

Philli - that shirt I emailed you last week was $37 on Dereon now it's $62 this week :blink: Beyonce needs to stop it.

They are bugging, even with the 20% its still too much they will have a blow out sale soon just hold out like me LOL I am not buying anything today all the clothes I wanted are gone! My dresses arrived though and they fit fabulously! I am so in love with the Maxi dresses (L)

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
ya'll gonna make me look for this kind of store.. i love a good deal thats why i LOVVVEEEEE ross and marshalls..

philly has ur hubby gotten his ead yet?? is he job hunting?

http://www.formanmills.com/locations.html

Quanna Looks like its only PENNSYLVANIA NEW JERSEY NEW YORK MARYLAND DELAWARE MICHIGAN , sorry girl!

He went to the office to apply for his SSN 2 weeks ago after the GC arrived they said it would take 2 weeks but it hasn't arrived yet, it better come today :angry:

i knew it!

uhh on the ssn :blush: i don't wanna rain on ur parade but if DHS didn't do it for him then it could take up to 8 weeks.... but u never know, urs might just be there today :unsure: what happended w/ immigration doing it??? i know that happens sometimes.. those ppl are soo mad when they call and nothing is in the system for them after DHS said they would do it.. then they have to come into our office and start all over.. but ssn timeframes are just like visa filing..its the luck of the draw :yes:

Timeline

They are bugging, even with the 20% its still too much they will have a blow out sale soon just hold out like me LOL I am not buying anything today all the clothes I wanted are gone! My dresses arrived though and they fit fabulously! I am so in love with the Maxi dresses (L)

shemmy..if u wan look like queen b. ya ago pay!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just dropping in...

so how long will it take for the filing of ur stepchild??

takes about as long as a k-1 so i don't expect to get an noa2 for 3 more months or so. if everything goes smoothly, she should be here around December. we just going with the flow at this point...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.