SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

i missed that post about futbol philly..

girl it has been truly a challenge.. i always hung out in the dancehalls, but know mostly africans, so i didn't know where to start... i sent out an email blast that one of my friends responded to. she gave us a location that i googled and we tracked down 45 min away.. roger then got this guys phone number and roger called to find out when the guys go out.. LOL..

its sooo funny the lengths u will go to in order to compensate them not being home, but they will do the same for us..

Isn't t that the truth! I'm going to surprise him, he would love that. He played twice a week in Kingston he was really good so he will be thrilled!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Dada? the board is so dead Maybe they are reading Jawi's blog. I am going to do that now while I have a free minute.......

****ROC VSC****

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

girl it has been truly a challenge.. i always hung out in the dancehalls, but know mostly africans, so i didn't know where to start... i sent out an email blast that one of my friends responded to. she gave us a location that i googled and we tracked down 45 min away.. roger then got this guys phone number and roger called to find out when the guys go out.. LOL..

its sooo funny the lengths u will go to in order to compensate them not being home, but they will do the same for us..

i think it is nice for them to connect with other jamaicans but i don't believe in trying to replicate or duplicate jamaica here in the states.....mainly because it can't be done. jamaica is jamaica and the states are the states. my husband has connected better with americans than he has jamaicans since he has been here and prefers american clubs vs. jamaican ones. not saying he forgot where he comes from but he has to accept his new life and understand the states is not jamaica and never will be....why not just enjoy and take advantage of all that we (and our cities) have to offer?

Timeline
ive never heard of that place, but im not really up on all the stores tho, so it could be down here.. LOL omg.. that will be soooo funny when ur husband experience the winter.. u will hear the whole CLAAT family proabably LOL

I know I can't wait to see his reaction I told him to just stand in front of the freezer for 10 minutes and that is winter LOL. I love to be hot I hate the AC and he hates to be hot and loves the AC. In the winter I have the heat on and I have kerosene heaters and I sit on the floor in front of them in shorts and tank tops so I can feel like I'm in the tropics. I know that is so weird but as long as I am warm I am happy, I don't even care that its artificial. He is gonna flip when he peeps he routine!

Forman Mills is an closeout store so they have brand names and items that are sized wrong but they have awesome prices. I got a fabulous maxi dress last week for 14.99 that was originally 59.99 and I looked amazing in it! You probably have them they may be under a different name, they are suspect they are always closing down LOL but never do.

my hubbys first winter here was some the best times we have had together....it was hilarious!!

not even any :ph34r: in here

There is one now!

sucker snuck in on me..

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thats true finesse.. but soccer is just a hobby,its not exclusive to jamaica.. he doesn't care if he plays w/ americans or jamaicans.. he just wants to play.. and soccer (or futbol) is just not very popular down here, u drive down the street and u will either see regular football or baseball being played, if anybody is outside at all LOL.. so we have to go to whoever is playing, its just a bonus that its his country men.. but i understand where u are coming from tho..

Isn't t that the truth! I'm going to surprise him, he would love that. He played twice a week in Kingston he was really good so he will be thrilled!

i think that will be nice.. i couldn't imagine to stop doing something i love so much altogether like that..

hence why i got so upset when i found out prisoners don't get ice cream LOL..

Timeline
ive never heard of that place, but im not really up on all the stores tho, so it could be down here.. LOL omg.. that will be soooo funny when ur husband experience the winter.. u will hear the whole CLAAT family proabably LOL

I know I can't wait to see his reaction I told him to just stand in front of the freezer for 10 minutes and that is winter LOL. I love to be hot I hate the AC and he hates to be hot and loves the AC. In the winter I have the heat on and I have kerosene heaters and I sit on the floor in front of them in shorts and tank tops so I can feel like I'm in the tropics. I know that is so weird but as long as I am warm I am happy, I don't even care that its artificial. He is gonna flip when he peeps he routine!

Forman Mills is an closeout store so they have brand names and items that are sized wrong but they have awesome prices. I got a fabulous maxi dress last week for 14.99 that was originally 59.99 and I looked amazing in it! You probably have them they may be under a different name, they are suspect they are always closing down LOL but never do.

Philly, I’m the same way. It can’t be just warm, I love the blazing heat. I will more likely have the heat on in the summer instead of the a/c. I usually sat directly in front of the heater too. The weather we’ve been having low 80s-85 is too cold, I like it 90s-100 degrees, I had to sleep with my heating blanket on last night.

I like Forman Mills. :thumbs:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
thats true finesse.. but soccer is just a hobby,its not exclusive to jamaica.. he doesn't care if he plays w/ americans or jamaicans.. he just wants to play.. and soccer (or futbol) is just not very popular down here, u drive down the street and u will either see regular football or baseball being played, if anybody is outside at all LOL.. so we have to go to whoever is playing, its just a bonus that its his country men.. but i understand where u are coming from tho..

i know. i'm just saying i've done my fair share of running around too and worrying about whether my husband was going to be truly happy here. i came to the realization that my husband is happy with trying new things and meeting new people and just being with me no matter where we are.

just don't kill yourself out. how about trying something new together? i got my husband to go to yoga class w/me...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just dropping in...

Decided to go walking instead of being on the internet during lunch and just got soaked :o

Philly - can you please call Kimora at Baby Phat and tell her to put her summer clothes on sale since her fall line is out :jest: We have a Foreman Mills here buy I've never been...gotta check it out.

Timeline

i know. i'm just saying i've done my fair share of running around too and worrying about whether my husband was going to be truly happy here. i came to the realization that my husband is happy with trying new things and meeting new people and just being with me no matter where we are.

just don't kill yourself out. how about trying something new together? i got my husband to go to yoga class w/me...

i understand u finesse, don't overwork ourselves trying to make our men happy, thy already have that w/ us.. u are SOOOO right, like ur hubby, roger is okay w/ ANYTHING we do, while i am constantly trying to get into SOMETHING LOL. :thumbs:

in my own situation.. roger has spent 4 weeks here enjoying my life, my clubs, my family, my friends, my hobbys..and all this is his new life too so he is loving every min of it, BUT i wouldn't be a good soon to be wife if i didn't make some kind of effort for him to seek his own interests too :luv:

thanks hun for the heads up tho .. i CAN get crazy in my pursuits!! :yes:

Edited by dancehallquana

Timeline
Just dropping in...

Decided to go walking instead of being on the internet during lunch and just got soaked :o

Philly - can you please call Kimora at Baby Phat and tell her to put her summer clothes on sale since her fall line is out :jest: We have a Foreman Mills here buy I've never been...gotta check it out.

see u should have stayed on the internet!!

not even any :ph34r: in here

There is one now!

Sus that Pic is so dang cute!

Where is Dada? the board is so dead Maybe they are reading Jawi's blog. I am going to do that now while I have a free minute.......

nobody on facebook???? thats where i would be right now :crying::crying:

Not really not too much going on over there either, I just took a quiz. What is my Native American Name?? Its "Thunder Horse " LOL

Philly, I’m the same way. It can’t be just warm, I love the blazing heat. I will more likely have the heat on in the summer instead of the a/c. I usually sat directly in front of the heater too. The weather we’ve been having low 80s-85 is too cold, I like it 90s-100 degrees, I had to sleep with my heating blanket on last night.

I like Forman Mills. :thumbs:

LOL @ the heating blanket. I have a fur blanket I use , he calls it a bear and dares me to let it touch him :rofl:

Forman Mills is the ish :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
Yeah Philly you might have to, there is always a game going on in Fairmont Park. I know when I move I am going to have to have easy access back down to the park, but it shouldn’t be too far from you. It’s as soon as you come off the drive. Weekends there’s always a game but it seems they start pretty early.

Hey J,

Is it a Soccer game or a Yardie Football game LOL Is it Lincoln drive, or Kelly or MLK I can't picture which part of the Park?

Don’t get me to lying. I haven’t stopped and talk to anyone yet to find out, it’s on my list of things to do. But it’s not American soccer though I’m not sure which nationality they are. We have a high African community so I’m not sure. It’s near the Carousel House across from the new location for the Please Touch Museum. But you know right off of West River drive (near the Plat) there is a field too and I have seen some playing there it’s just that the Carousel field always host big matches. The drive is sometime packed on weekends because of it.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.