SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks everyone about the dress! Since I did not want to do the sleeveless thing & it seems like darn near every wedding dress is that way, I opted for finding a regular dress that would do the trick. And I was thinking of August in Redding. I can't believe Lehi is going to wear a long sleeve button-up shirt! At least it's white & not some other color that will soak up the sun. Hopefully the temp will be at least as low as 100 by the time we have the ceremony in the evening. :wacko:

da hell? at least?

and i was here crying about 90 degree weather lol

i wore an ashley stewart dress for my hitching ceremony. black and gold

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jawi, I'm glad the healing is happening however slow it may be. Sorry you are in so much pain though my friend. Continued prayers for you to be more comfortable & for the healing to speed up! (F)(L)

Timeline

After our talk about those focus groups, I got a call a few min ago for one!! :dance:

But then I heard the date. It's when I'll be in Jamaica.... One day I'll get to participate. This one only paid $75 for 2 hrs & 15 minutes, though. I'd want more money for that much time.

Bunz, Hitching ceremony? Is that any different from the ceremonies American ladies are having in Ja?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqBTMNRktBk

not sure how to post the video but check this out....they were talking about it the ellen degeneres show..

this little white boy is hilarious

Here ya go:

I can see this kid in about 25 years (yes, he'll still be single at 30) doing this in a club & all the ladies running the other way! :wacko::blink::whistle::rofl:

LOL I was with Lil Man until he started with the Bojangles knee knocking LOL

Here's my dress (but in white) for when Dillon comes back or for anyone else who wants to see...

http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/Only-N...ProductTypeId=1

Luvs it, are you going to wear your hair up with a flower in it Ala Billy Holiday style?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@ Nat that's the name i give it

i got "hitched" at good ole city hall

i did it in new york, it was winter could not find an appropriate white dress

Edited by Bunzarelli

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Thanks everyone about the dress! Since I did not want to do the sleeveless thing & it seems like darn near every wedding dress is that way, I opted for finding a regular dress that would do the trick. And I was thinking of August in Redding. I can't believe Lehi is going to wear a long sleeve button-up shirt! At least it's white & not some other color that will soak up the sun. Hopefully the temp will be at least as low as 100 by the time we have the ceremony in the evening. :wacko:

da hell? at least?

and i was here crying about 90 degree weather lol

i wore an ashley stewart dress for my hitching ceremony. black and gold

LOL! Yep...it's DYAM hot up where my parents are in the summer! August temps are usually around the high 90s to around 110-115 (I remember one year it hit 120....GEEZ that was uncomfortable!). Glad it's near the lake cause we may be jumping in later on!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
After our talk about those focus groups, I got a call a few min ago for one!! :dance:

But then I heard the date. It's when I'll be in Jamaica.... One day I'll get to participate. This one only paid $75 for 2 hrs & 15 minutes, though. I'd want more money for that much time.

Bunz, Hitching ceremony? Is that any different from the ceremonies American ladies are having in Ja?

she just mean she got hitched right, or married???

oh and the group i got to day nat aid it woudl be 1 and half hrs.. i was there 30 min!!

Timeline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqBTMNRktBk

not sure how to post the video but check this out....they were talking about it the ellen degeneres show..

this little white boy is hilarious

Here ya go:

I can see this kid in about 25 years (yes, he'll still be single at 30) doing this in a club & all the ladies running the other way! :wacko::blink::whistle::rofl:

LOL I was with Lil Man until he started with the Bojangles knee knocking LOL

Here's my dress (but in white) for when Dillon comes back or for anyone else who wants to see...

http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/Only-N...ProductTypeId=1

Luvs it, are you going to wear your hair up with a flower in it Ala Billy Holiday style?

:rofl: @ bojangles knee knocking!

I'm not sure what to do with my hair yet. I wasn't planning on wearing it up but I was considering a flower in the hair. However, thinking of the heat, up might be the way to go. I just have this weird thing about looking like 'me' & not another version of me, even on my wedding day. I want to look nicer, but still like me ya know? Some ladies get so dolled up that they don't look like themselves.

@ Nat that's the name i give it

i got "hitched" at good ole city hall

i did it in new york, it was winter could not find an appropriate white dress

Since it was a winter ceremony, it seems appropriate to have the dress you did. Sounds nice & 'feels' a lot warmer than a white dress in the snow! :yes:

Congratulations, morantbaygirl! :star:

yeah, congrats! lifting conditions...next step fi mi

Me too :thumbs:

i bet its some nice weather, girl pls.. we finally got a cool front and are at a nice 90-95 degrees YaYYY after being in the 100's since july.. its not just us i hear.. i saw on cnn where they gave ice cream to the inmates at an arizona prison.. i was thinking dyam..this is news??? it unusual to get ice cream in prison??? oh no!.. can u imagine no ice cream for 20 years?? i guess i am the only one that loves food like that :blush::rofl::rofl:

OOh I love the hot weather the hotter the better, it has only been 85-88 degrees here in Philly and Hubby is talking bout he is tormented at night :blink: it was way hotter in Kingston at night it felt like and oven I swear even with the fan on LOL so I think he just wants me to put on the AC. Ummmmmm that is a big NOOOOOOO :devil:

hey all...

I had my post-op visit today with the neurosurgeon. He told me that I will be out of work for at least 6 more weeks. The bone growth is very slow (good thing is that he didn't say that it wasn't do anything)...he gave me Valium, Percocet and Oxycotin...and still did not release me to drive. I have to start wearing my neck brace again. *Sigh* So any hopes of trying to get to Jamaica next month are gone. I took all three pills when I got home...and my neck is KILLING me. I will keep writing parts of the story if you all are reading it...cause it is truly a labor of love right now. If you all don't want it, I will stop writing it...not sure when I'll get back to it.

Hey Jawi, sorry to hear that you have to start wearing the neck brace again, and still in pain. I hope that writing will help you in your recovery, Of course we are craving the stories, but please take it easy and don't do too much. July is almost over the day your love arrives soon come! (F)

****ROC VSC****

L.U.S.T. - Just as I am

anything else by them

Tarrus Riley - She's Royal

& ANYTHING else by him ;o)

Vybz Kartel - Mama

& anything else

Mavado - anything

Voice Mail - Let's Dance

& anything else

Mr. Vegas - Tek Weh Yuhself ( Full album)

& anything else

Busy Signal - anything but mister will have to give me more specifics later ( Full album)

Serani - She Love Me

& anything

Macka Diamond - anything

Lutan Fyah - Lusting at the World

& anything

Richie Spice - Brown Skin

& anything

Da'Ville - Missing You Right Now, Always on My Mind

& anything

Jah Cure ( Full album)

Assassin

Munga

Sanchez

Tanto Metro & Devonte - Everyone Falls In Love

& anything

T.O.K.

Black Rhyno

Ras Penco - Thousand Miles Away

Ce'Cile - anything ( Just about everything including the album Badgyal) Yuh knoa das mi artist!

I can take care of these I will either try and zip them to you or put it up on my site. I'll leave the other ladies to assist with the other tracks :yes:

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
i hadn't checked in a min jawi.. mek me go over there now.. im bored..

so the one on ur blog is the same story, just doctored a bit right?

Yeah the blog is not the most updated parts of the story. However, I did had a blurb about my first trip to Jamaica...I haven't finished it yet either. I have a problem with finishing things I guess. LOL

i bet its some nice weather, girl pls.. we finally got a cool front and are at a nice 90-95 degrees YaYYY after being in the 100's since july.. its not just us i hear.. i saw on cnn where they gave ice cream to the inmates at an arizona prison.. i was thinking dyam..this is news??? it unusual to get ice cream in prison??? oh no!.. can u imagine no ice cream for 20 years?? i guess i am the only one that loves food like that :blush::rofl::rofl:

No you're not! Or else I might be able to go for a sleeveless wedding gown. :rofl:

It is simple and pretty...I think you should do a flower in the hair too.

jawi you are breaking my heart

i did check out your blog and i like it

i think as long as its not hindering you from getting better, you should continue to do it

i'm praying for you girl

Thanks Bunz! I'm on the computer all day any way so its not hindering my healing. I enjoy writing as long as I don't write myself into a block...then I get frustrated because I can't make changes if I post it to you guys. I like to hear you guys "talk" to the characters and it helps me write based on your responses. LOL Thanks for the prayers everyone...I really appreciate them.

Thanks Philly! :blush: Should I PM you a list of 'likes' too? My list is very broad with the exception of about 2-3 songs we'd like....everything else is like I'll take ANYTHING! I like it all! :yes::P

Sure send me your list I can find everything LOL I accept this challenge!

I was going to PM you but I figure I'll put it out there for any yardie who might have some of these! :yes: List so far:

Artists I don't have anything indicated for I'd be happy for anything any of you have. :thumbs:

L.U.S.T. - Just as I am

anything else by them

Tarrus Riley - She's Royal

& ANYTHING else by him ;o)

Vybz Kartel - Mama

& anything else

Mavado - anything

Voice Mail - Let's Dance

& anything else

Mr. Vegas - Tek Weh Yuhself

& anything else

Busy Signal - anything but mister will have to give me more specifics later

Serani - She Love Me

& anything

Macka Diamond - anything

Lutan Fyah - Lusting at the World

& anything

Richie Spice - Brown Skin

& anything

Da'Ville - Missing You Right Now, Always on My Mind

& anything

Jah Cure

Assassin

Munga

Sanchez

Tanto Metro & Devonte - Everyone Falls In Love

& anything

T.O.K.

Black Rhyno

Ras Penco - Thousand Miles Away

Ce'Cile - anything

Don't forget Lukie D...he is great with love songs...although he doesn't get enough credit for his work in my opinion. I have tons and tons of music...but I think it would be too much for me to take on right now. I think you are in excellent hands with JaEnglish and Philly and Sus. :thumbs::dance:

JaEnglish can you compile me one of Jamaican love songs? I don't want any that talk about breaking up or the other man/other woman...just real nice love songs. I love Beres but a lot of his songs are about unrequited love and breaking up. LOL

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

philly i don't like too hot weather.. 80-90 degrees is good.. but im like u, the way roger goes on, u would think he didn't live in JA lol, but he is right.. its a DRY DUSTY hot in tx, not a breezy caribbean hot LOL

Timeline
Alright ladies recieved this today

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EAC0

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On July 21, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Search Mail

You go girl...so happy for ya!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.