SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
wha ya deal wid???

i just got to work not long ago..craigslist posted a focus group yesterday so i took off and got me $75 for 30 min of my time LOL.. the other hours i spent in the beauty salon.. i am

unbe wig able AGAIN.. man.. i wanted to buy 2, but i said, let me not spend all the likkle money the ppl dem give me..

tre congrats on the raise, my mom just texted me that she got one too.. and jaeng.. good luck w/ ur education pursuits.. i need to follow in ur footsteps

ow u do dis?

well they have these research groups that need ppl to do studys or surveys..test a new razor.. give opinion about a marketing ad..

sometimes their are focus groups that keep a running list of ppl and call them as they need ppl, but i found this one on Craigslist yesterday.. i was so excited cuz i have a friend that ALWAYS gets called and i never do.. this was my first time!

they asked me some questions by email to see if i was eligible, then told me to come to the office NEUROFOCUS..

this study was checking ur nervous system responses after different activities and commercials.. i don't know what they were doing the testing for..

do you donate plasma too?

u are crazy.. or are u serious??

lol.. now i am greedy.. i need to try and get on a focus list again.. mek me find dat number..

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
:ot: I am so po'd right now and trying hard to calm down. Why was I just talking to this "friend" of mine and she out of the blue started asking me about my wedding plans. So I'm like well it's whatever I still have time so I'm not stressing details right now. Well then she just comes out and tells me I have to give her the date because not only is she coming to my wedding but she is going to be my maid of honor. I was like #######! You have got to be kidding me… First of all I already have my matron of honor and second, your rass azz wasn't invited! I'm thinking that because she was my MOH with my first engagement she thinks it's automatically her again. But I'm like you don't even know anything about my SO all like that to feel one way or another about our union so why should it be you. She says well she is invited now. So I'm like it's going to be in JA, hoping she gets the point. But she says so I'll pay for myself. So then I'm like well it's going to be a JP thing nothing special and she's like so the PHOCK what! I am going to be there, sh!t I better be there, I have been going through this whole thing with you. :blink: #######!!!! I don't talk to her about us and she only recently (past two weeks) found out I was getting married so she has been going through what with who? What gets me more about her is that she has been married twice and never did she even invite me to her wedding let alone even be a bridesmaid. Her excuse was oh it was a JP wedding, but yet she has all these pictures of her in her wedding dress, limo, after affairs, the whole nine. I'm like but I didn't even get invited to the supposedly small reception that she had. I only found out the first time because I saw the pictures and the second time because I saw the ring on her and his fingers when I met him for the first time. Maaaaannnnnn this girl!

Ok vent over.

Aside, unfortunately, I can't say I'm going to stop being her friend because we are close

but this is just too forward and really taking a friendship for granted. :ot2:

if she is your friend, why would you not invite her to the wedding?

That's what I was thinking. Maybe she is trying to make up to you for past transgressions.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: I am so po’d right now and trying hard to calm down. Why was I just talking to this “friend” of mine and she out of the blue started asking me about my wedding plans. So I’m like well it’s whatever I still have time so I’m not stressing details right now. Well then she just comes out and tells me I have to give her the date because not only is she coming to my wedding but she is going to be my maid of honor. I was like #######! You have got to be kidding me… First of all I already have my matron of honor and second, your rass azz wasn’t invited! I’m thinking that because she was my MOH with my first engagement she thinks it’s automatically her again. But I’m like you don’t even know anything about my SO all like that to feel one way or another about our union so why should it be you. She says well she is invited now. So I’m like it’s going to be in JA, hoping she gets the point. But she says so I’ll pay for myself. So then I’m like well it’s going to be a JP thing nothing special and she’s like so the PHOCK what! I am going to be there, sh!t I better be there, I have been going through this whole thing with you. :blink: #######!!!! I don’t talk to her about us and she only recently (past two weeks) found out I was getting married so she has been going through what with who? What gets me more about her is that she has been married twice and never did she even invite me to her wedding let alone even be a bridesmaid. Her excuse was oh it was a JP wedding, but yet she has all these pictures of her in her wedding dress, limo, after affairs, the whole nine. I’m like but I didn’t even get invited to the supposedly small reception that she had. I only found out the first time because I saw the pictures and the second time because I saw the ring on her and his fingers when I met him for the first time. Maaaaannnnnn this girl!

Ok vent over.

Aside, unfortunately, I can’t say I’m going to stop being her friend because we are close

I don't have any good advice on this but I would be pissed too! I've already had a co-worker whom I've known less than a year & am not close with invite herself to my wedding (but I'm not giving her any info so good luck with that) AND say she's going to bring another co-worker who I don't know at all with her. How are you gonna invite yourself and a guest like that???

Since she is a close friend, all I can say is try your best to leave all details out....she can't come to a wedding that she doesn't know where or when it's going to happen. But she does have a lot of dyam nerve going on like that & especially after not even extending you the same courtesy when she got married (twice). :angry::angry:

Edited by Ellsinlove

Timeline
Ahhhhhhhh...I think I may have done it got more $$$$ -- but I won't be happy until I see it in writing.

Congrats!

thfwp-smiley-09.gif

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
wha ya deal wid???

i just got to work not long ago..craigslist posted a focus group yesterday so i took off and got me $75 for 30 min of my time LOL.. the other hours i spent in the beauty salon.. i am

unbe wig able AGAIN.. man.. i wanted to buy 2, but i said, let me not spend all the likkle money the ppl dem give me..

tre congrats on the raise, my mom just texted me that she got one too.. and jaeng.. good luck w/ ur education pursuits.. i need to follow in ur footsteps

ow u do dis?

well they have these research groups that need ppl to do studys or surveys..test a new razor.. give opinion about a marketing ad..

sometimes their are focus groups that keep a running list of ppl and call them as they need ppl, but i found this one on Craigslist yesterday.. i was so excited cuz i have a friend that ALWAYS gets called and i never do.. this was my first time!

they asked me some questions by email to see if i was eligible, then told me to come to the office NEUROFOCUS..

this study was checking ur nervous system responses after different activities and commercials.. i don't know what they were doing the testing for..

lol.. now i am greedy.. i need to try and get on a focus list again.. mek me find dat number..

i'm teasing...but i do know people who go regularly and get 50 bucks for it...

Timeline
I have another request from the Yardies.....

We need some good Jamaican music to give to our DJ since the wedding will be up in Redding and they just aren't hip to what's hot in current dancehall/reggae music.

Who has the music connections? JaEnglish? Philly?

I have a few songs I'm looking for specifically & then we'd like a whole bunch of danceable stuff. Would anyone with a huge catalog of digital Jamaican music be able to help me? I'll pay $10 a CD for some good stuff burned on disc.

We'll need some Beenie Man (mister LOVES Beenie), Kartel, Voice Mail, Tarrus (She's Royal comes to mind), L.U.S.T. Just As I Am (yes, we still love it) & stuff like that. Anyone have some of those titles? I know it's asking a huge favor but I don't know where better to turn than here and the yardies. And as mentioned I'm willing to pay. :luv::luv:

Hey Ells,

I have so much music girl and I get more everyday. I have some compilation CD's downloaded recently straight Dancehall with hardcore tracks like Kartel, Mavado, Aidonia, Busy etc I dont like Beenie but I have some LOL. I have reggae tracks too, mostly I have tracks I would have to compress the files and send them or upload them to my site. Chile please ain't nobody taking your $$$ :no:

Thanks Philly! :blush: Should I PM you a list of 'likes' too? My list is very broad with the exception of about 2-3 songs we'd like....everything else is like I'll take ANYTHING! I like it all! :yes::P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
some of those posters in the off topic section are so rude

its hard to imagine these ppl with such bigoted and racist views marrying ppl from other countries

I agree.

Here's what I find is strange with people, esp on this website Digg that I'm always on. If the topic is racism, people are SO QUICK to be like "No! That's terrible! People who are racist suck." But let the topic be about something else and some of those same people are the ones making the most racist comments.

i was reading a thread about the arresst of prof gates and it being a case of racial profiling

and alot of the ppl were in there acting like its being blown out of proportion, racism does not exist :wacko:

i could not even bother to post

and i find it quite coincidental that ALOT of the ppl who hold these views are older white men doing a K1 with a younger girl from the phillipines

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
:ot: I am so po’d right now and trying hard to calm down. Why was I just talking to this “friend” of mine and she out of the blue started asking me about my wedding plans. So I’m like well it’s whatever I still have time so I’m not stressing details right now. Well then she just comes out and tells me I have to give her the date because not only is she coming to my wedding but she is going to be my maid of honor. I was like #######! You have got to be kidding me… First of all I already have my matron of honor and second, your rass azz wasn’t invited! I’m thinking that because she was my MOH with my first engagement she thinks it’s automatically her again. But I’m like you don’t even know anything about my SO all like that to feel one way or another about our union so why should it be you. She says well she is invited now. So I’m like it’s going to be in JA, hoping she gets the point. But she says so I’ll pay for myself. So then I’m like well it’s going to be a JP thing nothing special and she’s like so the PHOCK what! I am going to be there, sh!t I better be there, I have been going through this whole thing with you. :blink: #######!!!! I don’t talk to her about us and she only recently (past two weeks) found out I was getting married so she has been going through what with who? What gets me more about her is that she has been married twice and never did she even invite me to her wedding let alone even be a bridesmaid. Her excuse was oh it was a JP wedding, but yet she has all these pictures of her in her wedding dress, limo, after affairs, the whole nine. I’m like but I didn’t even get invited to the supposedly small reception that she had. I only found out the first time because I saw the pictures and the second time because I saw the ring on her and his fingers when I met him for the first time. Maaaaannnnnn this girl!

Ok vent over.

Aside, unfortunately, I can’t say I’m going to stop being her friend because we are close

ppl like that really exist?

unbelievable

upherebl.gif

Timeline
i was wondering how in the heezy you thought you were gonna get an interview next week...

Best case: They accepted the electronic version of the DS-230 and responded to the email promptly. Both have happened to others before.

Worst case: They don't respond & we keep to the agenda we already have planned for this trip.

Now I'll proceed with the worst case scenario, since they didn't respond in over a week to any of my 3 email messages.

Quana, I rarely get called for the focus groups. Every time they do call, we end up playing phone tag (they never call the number I list as best number to call...)

Tons of people at my school (college) did this, as well as my brother & sister. It's an easy way to make money. However, it doesn't seem to pay as much as the focus groups when you factor amount/hour.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

my head hurts

i feel very meh

upherebl.gif

Timeline

if she is your friend, why would you not invite her to the wedding?

That's what I was thinking. Maybe she is trying to make up to you for past transgressions.

She’s not my bff! :huh: Certain ppl you’re friends with, but you just rather not do certain things with. Still true, so now she is on the list and I’m not going to get so hung up on that part it’s just that I was angry with her for being so presumptuous. I wasn’t invited to her weddings, so how could she assume she would be invited to mine and then have such a significant role.

But maybe you’re right and I’m reading her wrong b/c I’m still bitter about her 2 previous arrangements so I’ll reconsider my position but she is not being my MOH. :angry:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
i was reading a thread about the arresst of prof gates and it being a case of racial profiling

and alot of the ppl were in there acting like its being blown out of proportion, racism does not exist :wacko:

i could not even bother to post

and i find it quite coincidental that ALOT of the ppl who hold these views are older white men doing a K1 with a younger girl from the phillipines

:yes::yes:

funny-pictures-cat-is-grumpy.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That's definitely my status today!

Timeline

Ells...two weeks from Satruday. Getting excited for you. Did you get your dress yet?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.