SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardiez :star: ummm my birthday yesterday was a blast those who are on my fb already know lol :dance: the food at negrils in the village is so good and that rum punch had me phocked up! everytime i took a sip i kept saying i smell the ocean and i wanna go back home lmao my friends was like ####### you are home DWL DWL!

You know all this time I just knew his dad was jamaican. You son is so proud of his Jamaican culture. That's awesome. I wonder how my kids are going to take it being of 1/2 jamaican blood. Although, my hubby says if you are born here..you're American..and can't claim yourself as Jamaica. Is that true?

In the eyes of the majority of Jamaicans I know, the child will never be considered Jamaican unless they spend some serious time down there.

Was discussing this with a Cuban friend of mine. She says as longs as one fo your parents is Cuban, you are Cuban no matter where you are born. In my experience, as long as you weren't born in Jamaica, your whole lineage could be Jamaican, you aren't.

While I wasn't born in Jamaica, I lived there from 7 until 19. Even that is sometimes not enough for some people to consider me Jamaican UNTIL I talk to them for a while lol....I never say I'm Jamaican though, I'll say I grew up there.

is being cuban a race or just a nationality?

Mawning Yardies,

where's DARA????

Here I am (((waving))).. I took some days off from work and since I have no internet at home well no work means no play...lol

Girl where do you find your friends? For them to live in NYC you would think they would be more open minded since NYC is a melting pot. I mean geesh even I before falling in love with a Jamaican was pretty closed mind but never in my wildest dreams would I make some of the comments she said. Maybe you need a new circle of friends Newly...lol

humm maybe i do! puhleeze girl she should know better because she met her crazy azz deportee man the same day i met j so she needs to stop! thats the one i be telling u about :wacko: NYC is a mealting pot but you cant help ppl close minded ways there is parts of the bronx that hardly no blk ppl go to the city is not too much like that.

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny, All prayers from me on your promotion request. You deserve it!

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Where the hell you been?

Missed Dillon's wedding....we needed a 4th stooge in the picture!

How's the business going?

I just saw somebody's birthday post and now I can't find it. Who's birthday was yesterday????????

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Yardies!

I COULD NOT feel any less motivated than I do right now. I don't want to do a dyam thing. I know people have it far worse than I do even here in Yardie land but these 3 furlough (unpaid) days really have me stressing. And I'm repaying in kind by not being even a little bit productive except to keep people off my back. Then I pick up a free paper this morning to read that San Francisco city government is proposing parking meters in all neighborhoods. If that happens, I'll be leaving the city & therefore this job as well. It probably wouldn't be implemented right away but it's something I have to think about. It's unbelievable to me that they are sticking it to all the low-income & working class who don't have garages & can't afford constant meter fees & parking tickets. What a STUPID idea! Governments balancing their mismanaged & misspending budgets on the backs of the working poor. :protest: [END RANT]

Is anyone watching the Hell's Kitchen season premiere? I remember what I don't like about this show: the punishment. It's one thing to lose a challenge on a reality show, but I don't like that the losers are punished. Also, Chef Ramsey is unnecessarily mean. This would NOT be a conducive work environment to me.

I watched it last night. I agree, it is a pretty harsh show but sure is great to watch when you're in a bad mood! I can cuss right along with Ramsey at the idiot contestants. You have to admit though, some of those people are sheer idiots!! :yes:

There was some half-naked eye candy in the gym this morning. He was extra dark chocolate, wearing green shorts. If the stripe on his pants had been yellow instead of green, he'd have looked like a walking Jamaican flag.

:blink::whistle::thumbs::rofl: Nat, you shock me sometimes! LOL!!

some of those posters in the off topic section are so rude

its hard to imagine these ppl with such bigoted and racist views marrying ppl from other countries

:yes::yes:

Side note: I am not proud of this but our babies first word besides moma and dada was bomboclat. My husband friend was here at the begin of summer and she learned it from him. LOL :wacko:

:rofl::rofl:

Timeline
Mikuzi shooting:

Witness tells of shot Kiwi's fight

4:00AM Saturday Jul 11, 2009

By Alanah May Eriksen

Tiki Hunia, pictured with his grandmother Irihapeti Hunia, was known as a `gentle giant'. Photo / Supplied

Things seem to be getting much worse in JA right now. Lehi just got a call the other day that two of his former co-workers were roughed up by gunmen who robbed their guests taking the horseback tour. I can't confirm it but I'm going to go browse negril.com to see if anyone wrote about it.

oh Gees!! I'm tryin to get some work done, but I really don't feel like it.

I feel ya MrsBuggy! I really do! (See above...hee hee hee.)

Yeah, I didn't know that until I ended up in New Rochelle and some place called Disdell Estates near Bronx, bway mi a tell u I was so lost. Didn't help to drive a car with tinted windows no one would give us directions...I told my cousin, look someone will call the police and they'll tell us how to get back to Queens and that's what happened.

:rofl:

:rofl::rofl: dats ow it go sometime.....i'm like..where you going with my chicken? people crazy

Seriously, what is up with that?? This lady at mister's father's house did that after dinner. Just packed up a whole plate after eating till she was stuffed. Then she saw a pack of our cookies in our box by the door that I'd bought at the international store & broke into those without asking. The whole thing did not sit well with me. It's such greedy behavior.

Cause I'm KUNTRI....we have a very early flight and traveling with young kids and I know they won't eat in morning. They usually get on the plane sleep and hour or so then wake up hungry. I'll see...can't believe I have to be at the AP at 4:00am --

That's usually about the time I have to get to the airport when flying from the West Coast....it's harsh! :yes:

a wha dis? milk?

Chocolate malt drink...I have yet to try it though even though we just bought some.

I know they won't mess with the other things, but last year they tried to take a lady's ackee and saltfish at security, she sat there and ate it

I would've too!

well then get your grub on. just don't wrap it in tin foil...that is probably where the TSA will stop you.

I've been able to get through with prepared food items when they are in gladlock containers & things like that so you'll probably be okay unless it's in foil like Dillon says.

Timeline

Does anyone watch Hitched or Ditched? Anyone see it last night.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Is anyone watching the Hell's Kitchen season premiere? I remember what I don't like about this show: the punishment. It's one thing to lose a challenge on a reality show, but I don't like that the losers are punished. Also, Chef Ramsey is unnecessarily mean. This would NOT be a conducive work environment to me.

I watched it last night. I agree, it is a pretty harsh show but sure is great to watch when you're in a bad mood! I can cuss right along with Ramsey at the idiot contestants. You have to admit though, some of those people are sheer idiots!! :yes:

I watched the first half - dozed off towards the second, so I have to watch it, I taped it - I love the show, and I am SO happy they brought Robert back! If you think Ramsey is bad here - watch the UK version, he's ten times worse!

My brother used to work in the same building as Fox - He got on the elevator one time, bunch of chatty people - the elevator stopped and Gordon Ramsey got on - he said everyone went dead silent - Finally Ramsey turned around and said "I am not gonna bloody bite or curse at you!"

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
finesse don't let them in! when they come to the door say you have something planned and in the future could they please call before they stop by. easier said then done.... have the same problem we have a friend that comes over like 7:00 in the morning during the week! doesn't call before he comes and then wants us to get up and chat with him. I am like i am in bed until my alarm goes off. now if you just stop by this guys house unannounced.....he is not having it. I don't get some people. i need to go cool off i am HOT about this...especially today since today was one of those days that he came by. but oh he brought donuts...that are going in the TRASH. :ranting:

Dang it I’m too late. I was going to ask you are you sure you had to throw away the donuts?? :unsure:

Timeline
finesse don't let them in! when they come to the door say you have something planned and in the future could they please call before they stop by. easier said then done.... have the same problem we have a friend that comes over like 7:00 in the morning during the week! doesn't call before he comes and then wants us to get up and chat with him. I am like i am in bed until my alarm goes off. now if you just stop by this guys house unannounced.....he is not having it. I don't get some people. i need to go cool off i am HOT about this...especially today since today was one of those days that he came by. but oh he brought donuts...that are going in the TRASH. :ranting:

Dang it I’m too late. I was going to ask you are you sure you had to throw away the donuts?? :unsure:

LOL Dada you always make me laugh...well I didn't throw them out before I left work that day and Hubby put them in the fridge...I have yet to eat one but I think he has had a couple.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Where the hell you been? Well I went home (Stl) In june for 2 days left went to ATL for my Uncles Bday Party and to visit "A sweet but crazy #### bride" that I had a ball with. Then went back to Stl for a few days and came back to Negril. (I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE, MAN I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE) bUT NOW I am in hot #### Negril where else.

Oh yeah I cried and my sweetie me bought an airconditioner! PRAISE THE LORD!

Missed Dillon's wedding....we needed a 4th stooge in the picture! You know you are crazy! But I come home Aug 10 so I promise we are gonna do something! And I have Dillions gift so I didnt forget her. I saw her pictures and the Wedding was NIce, Her daughter is gorgeous.

How's the business going? Very well! I had the Grand Opening July 13th and I didnt have enough space for everyone that showed up. We ARE the only location in Negril that offers full service wedding planning , coordinating, All bridal party apperal and services ie" Photography, catering, location scouting ect.

I also offer chairs, sashes and table rentals. . So we invited All of the Planners from the Resorts and hotels so I had a good turn out and they were so positive! Of course they wont send us clients but they have been buying wedding ALOT of decoration products colored tulle and ###### that u cant find easily in Jamaica. So All is well. PRAISE THE LORD.

I just saw somebody's birthday post and now I can't find it. Who's birthday was yesterday???????? My birthday is Nov 25 is you' ll want to send me some early gifts....

I miss you guys. I have been sticking in "The Yard" every now and then. But it is too much trying to keep up. I hope all is well on everyones journey. And I will see you soon JG, AND Dillion I am sorry MRS. Dillion lol

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Ya'll pray for me I'm going to ask for a raise...I support 164 people got an assistant a few months ago, but prior to that I've been holding it down on my own...I've rewritten my job description and I'm prepared with a positive attitude -- she bettah no come outtah ar mout wrang cause mi ago bex....thankful I have a job though, but I think people should be recognized as an valuable employee.

I'm praying fi yuh Lawny I hope you get the answer you are looking for! I know you deserve the increa$e :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

Good to see you Journee and it is great to hear that your business is off to a good start. How long are you coming back to St. Louis for this time 3 days? Just messing with you.

Ya'll pray for me I'm going to ask for a raise...I support 164 people got an assistant a few months ago, but prior to that I've been holding it down on my own...I've rewritten my job description and I'm prepared with a positive attitude -- she bettah no come outtah ar mout wrang cause mi ago bex....thankful I have a job though, but I think people should be recognized as an valuable employee.

I'm praying fi yuh Lawny I hope you get the answer you are looking for! I know you deserve the increa$e :thumbs:

Her and her boss must really be talking...she hasn't been back to give us an update yet.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Question for yardies going through the AOS (which I'm preparing for shortly):

This part on the AOS guide has me concerned...

11. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)

We did not get a 693 or 693A from mister's medical exam. The only thing they gave him was his blue vaccination card that he obtained from his elementary school. I'm wondering if this means I'll have to send him to a doctor (more MONEY....GREAT!!) to have them fill out the form for the AOS package. What did those of you who have done this or are doing this do?

Edited by Ellsinlove

Filed: Timeline

Ahhhhhhhh...I think I may have done it got more $$$$ -- but I won't be happy until I see it in writing.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.