SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I asked Louis his thoughts on the born in America... AMerican thing. He said our child will be St Lucian/American. Both... they don't have to be born on SLU to be a Lucian.

My husband feels the same way...he doesn't think you have to be born in JA to be a true yardie...its funny cause him and my best friend (also his cousin) always argue back and forth about that...both her parents are born JA and she was born in America...and she always says she is not a jamaican she is pure american...but he would say as long as either your ma or pa jamaican you a jamaican....same thing with me...if someone ask him were i'm from he would say I'm haitian before I'm an american because both my parents were born in haiti even though i was born here...

Same here. My husband is going to be looking for a Jamerican out fit for our little one when he goes down in a couple weeks. :whistle:

http://www.cafepress.com/napisoul/2312911

;)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Does anyone else get this if they try to top up?

Top up any Digicel phone

IMPORTANT!

No credit values can be sent now. We apologise for any inconvenience. Security Limits and transaction patterns are constantly monitored to safeguard your transactions and protect your privacy. To send credit please try again later.

I have not seen that message, but he did say the Digicel network was down at one point... also I think they are on to the 4 chip thing :whistle:

They shut off one of our chips and have been giving him a hard time lately :angry:

God, I pray this LDR thing is over soon :crying:

I need my honey :crying:

My hat's off to ya'll who have done the LDR for years... I don't know how you do it.... :no:

I asked Louis his thoughts on the born in America... AMerican thing. He said our child will be St Lucian/American. Both... they don't have to be born on SLU to be a Lucian.

My husband feels the same way...he doesn't think you have to be born in JA to be a true yardie...its funny cause him and my best friend (also his cousin) always argue back and forth about that...both her parents are born JA and she was born in America...and she always says she is not a jamaican she is pure american...but he would say as long as either your ma or pa jamaican you a jamaican....same thing with me...if someone ask him were i'm from he would say I'm haitian before I'm an american because both my parents were born in haiti even though i was born here...

Same here. My husband is going to be looking for a Jamerican out fit for our little one when he goes down in a couple weeks. :whistle:

;)

I love this one! :wub:

54303454v7_240x240_Front_Color-White.jpg

You know all this time I just knew his dad was jamaican. You son is so proud of his Jamaican culture. That's awesome. I wonder how my kids are going to take it being of 1/2 jamaican blood. Although, my hubby says if you are born here..you're American..and can't claim yourself as Jamaica. Is that true?

In the eyes of the majority of Jamaicans I know, the child will never be considered Jamaican unless they spend some serious time down there.

Was discussing this with a Cuban friend of mine. She says as longs as one fo your parents is Cuban, you are Cuban no matter where you are born. In my experience, as long as you weren't born in Jamaica, your whole lineage could be Jamaican, you aren't.

While I wasn't born in Jamaica, I lived there from 7 until 19. Even that is sometimes not enough for some people to consider me Jamaican UNTIL I talk to them for a while lol....I never say I'm Jamaican though, I'll say I grew up there.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good morning everyone !!!!

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

You know all this time I just knew his dad was jamaican. You son is so proud of his Jamaican culture. That's awesome. I wonder how my kids are going to take it being of 1/2 jamaican blood. Although, my hubby says if you are born here..you're American..and can't claim yourself as Jamaica. Is that true?

In the eyes of the majority of Jamaicans I know, the child will never be considered Jamaican unless they spend some serious time down there.

Was discussing this with a Cuban friend of mine. She says as longs as one fo your parents is Cuban, you are Cuban no matter where you are born. In my experience, as long as you weren't born in Jamaica, your whole lineage could be Jamaican, you aren't.

While I wasn't born in Jamaica, I lived there from 7 until 19. Even that is sometimes not enough for some people to consider me Jamaican UNTIL I talk to them for a while lol....I never say I'm Jamaican though, I'll say I grew up there.

JaEng - So my nephew was technically born in the US. Mom came over and had him in the US and he now has a US passport. However, he lives in Jamaica and has done for his whole life. My husband says he is American. Which technically he is. I have some nigerian friends who were born in the US but rasied in Nigeria. They say they are Nigerian..but then American when needed. :hehe:

Timeline

i understand that because there are alot of people here i have met and claim to be jamaican and know nothing about the culture or anything then they say well my peoples are from there ...Me im part japanese and i have always tried to learn about the culture and i consider it part of my heritage .. I want my kids to claim their heritage and learn about it.

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There was some half-naked eye candy in the gym this morning. He was extra dark chocolate, wearing green shorts. If the stripe on his pants had been yellow instead of green, he'd have looked like a walking Jamaican flag.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

There was some half-naked eye candy in the gym this morning. He was extra dark chocolate, wearing green shorts. If the stripe on his pants had been yellow instead of green, he'd have looked like a walking Jamaican flag.

Nat???? :blink::wow:

Dada..can you believe this?

LMBO - My co worker just asked me to give her a bear hug to crack her back. WTH? I said No. That's creepy...I don't like the sound of stuff popping in people's bodies. I don't even crack my nuckles and I don't like when people do it either. She looked at me...like Are you serious?...I hold on to my no..I'm not giving you a bear hug to crack NOTHING...That's creepy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree, KK. That popping sound is freaky. Or maybe I'm just jealous cause I can't do it. :lol:

Did anyone see this story the other day: Woman Who Cried Rape Gets 2 Years in Jail

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Morning all!!!

Nat.. you so crazy... :lol:

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline

;)

They changed this design since I got mine. Maybe I just have a nasty mind; but mine kind of looks off.

How come all I ever see is old men with beer bellys??????

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.