SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Looking for some place different to explore in Jamaica....my cousin is getting married there next month...when we visited there last year it took my breath away -- check it out. We were all over the island for 3 days, when we got here she was speechless.

http://www.frenchmans-cove-resort.com/

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

I need a little help. Some of you ladies are so good with words....

A man I know and work with on occasion has lost his mother. He is Italian, and in Italy, so not someone I see all the time but such a nice man I would like to send him a little note...

Give me some nice words to say.... Luigi is at least 60 so I am sure his mother was quite old.

Cat, this is my favorite poem:

Don't Grieve For Me For Now I'm Free

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free

I'm following the path God laid for me.

I took His hand when I heard Him call;

I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day,

To laugh, to love, to work or play.

Tasks left undone must stay that way;

I found that place at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void,

Then fill it with remembered joy.

A friendship shared a laugh, a kiss;

Ah yes, these things, I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow

I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.

My life's been full, I savored much;

Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch. Perhaps my time seems all to brief;

Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.

Lift up your heart and share with me,

God wanted me now, He set me free.

This is so sad, but very appropriate

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I asked Louis his thoughts on the born in America... AMerican thing. He said our child will be St Lucian/American. Both... they don't have to be born on SLU to be a Lucian.

My husband feels the same way...he doesn't think you have to be born in JA to be a true yardie...its funny cause him and my best friend (also his cousin) always argue back and forth about that...both her parents are born JA and she was born in America...and she always says she is not a jamaican she is pure american...but he would say as long as either your ma or pa jamaican you a jamaican....same thing with me...if someone ask him were i'm from he would say I'm haitian before I'm an american because both my parents were born in haiti even though i was born here...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
nobody have excitement??? Cho! Come on now, don't be shy. Who have pickney problem? husband problem? neighbor problem? job problem? who have a birthday coming? vacation coming? something? anything?

I'll have kid problems next week when she comes back from my parents house so be sure to check back then. But for now things have been really great.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Looking for some place different to explore in Jamaica....my cousin is getting married there next month...when we visited there last year it took my breath away -- check it out. We were all over the island for 3 days, when we got here she was speechless.

look like di bomb! mi wan go RIGHT now..to hell wid dis work ting..

nobody have excitement??? Cho! Come on now, don't be shy. Who have pickney problem? husband problem? neighbor problem? job problem? who have a birthday coming? vacation coming? something? anything?

I'll have kid problems next week when she comes back from my parents house so be sure to check back then. But for now things have been really great.

mi write it down and check pon you next week..

I asked Louis his thoughts on the born in America... AMerican thing. He said our child will be St Lucian/American. Both... they don't have to be born on SLU to be a Lucian.

My husband feels the same way...he doesn't think you have to be born in JA to be a true yardie...its funny cause him and my best friend (also his cousin) always argue back and forth about that...both her parents are born JA and she was born in America...and she always says she is not a jamaican she is pure american...but he would say as long as either your ma or pa jamaican you a jamaican....same thing with me...if someone ask him were i'm from he would say I'm haitian before I'm an american because both my parents were born in haiti even though i was born here...

Girl I need your Husband to chat to my Husband he worked my nerve in that convo, I just called him to see if he felt the same way he told me " Ooman Jamaica or Haiti yuh bawn and grow"? Kiss teet!

I'm telling Lawny on him LOL

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
There is so much I want to respond to...I get tired of quoting everyone...but then I come to post and can't remember who or what I wanted to respond to. My memory used to be so good. This is crazy. I hope y'all don't mind me and all my Ells quotes.

dont feel bad jawi.. i can't do that either. if i do try to wait and respond..i HAVE to write down notes LOL

Quana, Jawi, if I have a lot of catching up to do, I keep VJ in part of the screen and notepad in the other & comment that way. It can look cleaner than quoting a zillion people.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

look like di bomb! mi wan go RIGHT now..to hell wid dis work ting..

mi write it down and check pon you next week..

Quana, my other cousin is getting married in St. Thomas which is on the other side of the island, that location is also breath taking, but they don't advertise and have been in business for over 50 years - they guarantee that she'll not be dissapointed nor will her guest.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Hey Nat if you see Tia next week when you are down make sure you tell her we are all routing for her.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My birthday is next Tuesday.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

JG -- wished you lived closer :crying:

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I need a little help. Some of you ladies are so good with words....

A man I know and work with on occasion has lost his mother. He is Italian, and in Italy, so not someone I see all the time but such a nice man I would like to send him a little note...

Give me some nice words to say.... Luigi is at least 60 so I am sure his mother was quite old.

Cat, this is my favorite poem:

Don't Grieve For Me For Now I'm Free

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free

I'm following the path God laid for me.

I took His hand when I heard Him call;

I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day,

To laugh, to love, to work or play.

Tasks left undone must stay that way;

I found that place at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void,

Then fill it with remembered joy.

A friendship shared a laugh, a kiss;

Ah yes, these things, I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow

I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.

My life's been full, I savored much;

Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch. Perhaps my time seems all to brief;

Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.

Lift up your heart and share with me,

God wanted me now, He set me free.

JG...I like that one also. I've also heard someone sing it.

OMG.....bet it is beautiful sung.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

:dance: you doing anything special?

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.