SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Does anyone no about plants? Philly maybe u can help me out. A doctor at the hospital where I work gave me a plant. It is called Diefenbaker?? It is a beautiful houseplant. It is just in water. How do I put it in soil. I am new to this?? :help:

I think that is a Philadendron (sp?) .. I have a bunch. f I can't kill them .. you will do fine! LOL. They are pretty easy. Does it have solid green leaves or a veregated leaf? The solid ones take more sun.. but not too much. I put mine near a window that gets moderate sun during the day... water when the soil gets dry and they are happy. If it starts to grow long and bare.... just trim up the leaves and the top will fill out. They tend to like certain spots. I had one that wasnt happy in one room so I put in another and it is growing all new plants!!

Good luck! :-)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone no about plants? Philly maybe u can help me out. A doctor at the hospital where I work gave me a plant. It is called Diefenbaker?? It is a beautiful houseplant. It is just in water. How do I put it in soil. I am new to this?? :help:

I think that is a Philadendron (sp?) .. I have a bunch. f I can't kill them .. you will do fine! LOL. They are pretty easy. Does it have solid green leaves or a veregated leaf? The solid ones take more sun.. but not too much. I put mine near a window that gets moderate sun during the day... water when the soil gets dry and they are happy. If it starts to grow long and bare.... just trim up the leaves and the top will fill out. They tend to like certain spots. I had one that wasnt happy in one room so I put in another and it is growing all new plants!!

I will look that name up. It does have solid green leaves and they are big. I guess I will have toi find a spot where it would like.

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The first time my husband ate a dounut he lost his mind, he kept eating and eating them and then he FAINTED, I could not help but laugh. I know I'm a bad wife, but my little brother warned him...he just kept saying...bwayyyyyyy what a way dis sweet. I think he ate 6 or 8 at one time. :rofl: di mi hear...lawd mi belli and ead... den im drap

This is sooooo not funny but why am I rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Hey 1Luv,

I just tried to google this name Diefenbaker and a Caucasian dude came up LOL. I am not familiar with that correct genus name but it may have another name I know what does it look like?

The basic rules of gardening I follow is plant, tend, reap! Find a nice spacious pot so the roots have space to grow and flourish. Also dirt is important I don't buy cheap soil because it some are too water soluble and will soak the roots and ultimately kill the plant. So find a good potting soil Miracle Grow and Expert is great a small bag will do just fine. Also place it near a window with light and since we are in summer place it on the porch it will love that. Water it twice a week and spray it daily and add a little food to the water as well. You will do just fine good luck :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
finesse...ow it go yesterday...u chat to im?

i totally messed up the plan last night. my best friend who i grew up with who now lives in VA came into town to visit. so the party just continued....totally my fault.

i told hubby this morning we weren't having anybody over tonight and he said ok......so we will see.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Ladies hope you all have a great day.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Good Morning everyone,

I had a great weekend, Jenelle turned two last week thursday and we had a double bash for her and one my little cousins who turned 4 on the same day. We had a blast, we sent the kids home at 10pm and the grown-ups partied until 2am.

Anyhoo- those who read the interview schedule now I filed a k-4 for two of mr jengs daughters. The elder one did good on the GSAT but didn't get into any of the schools she wanted to go. mr jengs was sending down extra money for her to take saturday classes and all that.

So for two weeks now I've been asking the grandmother to fax up the girls report cards so I can get them into school up here. She tells me she got the report card for the elder one plus letter of reccomendation from the elder one's teacher. I had to call her back and remind her that I also needed the younger one's report card.

She was supposed to fax it from since july 4th.....I am waiting....my sister goes down there in the meantime and she tells me she will give them to my sister....she actually meets my sister takes the school medical forms from here but....I am still waiting...my sister comes back...I'm still waiting...last week was just a bag of excuses...fax is down...no paper...Finally on Thursday she fax them......Jaw dropped...elder girl missed 4 days of school...grades ok B's and C's. we thought they were better but now I see why she didn't get into the top schools.......younger girl missed 52 days of school failed every class and has been failing since the 1st grade...but yet still she got promoted into the 4th grade....

Of course I am flabberglasted....mr jengs sends down money for school uniform, taxi money and school lunch money. Grandma never send a word about the little girl not going to school. she's always praisisng her how she work so hard, she cleans and sweep and helps around the house while the older one thinks she is too pretty to do anything...

Grandma is always accusing mr jengs of not liking the younger one because she "looks different". I could care less. He sometimes wondered if she was his because of her "hair". I mean really. It is a little hard to belive that stuff like that still goes on today. but it made me wonder who is really treating who bad because of how they look and the color of their skin.

but anyway now I have to go and meet with the principal today and see what can be done.

I don't want them to label her special needs, because I dont' think she is. she might have a learning disabilty or it could just be she wasn't in school enough from day 1 so now it's hard for her to catch up.

Any advice will be appreciated especially in how to get her tested...

Oh Wow, this is is something...... I agree with Lawny sounds like the Gran had her own agenda. I hope everything works out for the girls.

****ROC VSC****

My presentation to the management team went well; I could answer every question they asked.

Now I'm sad that I have to remove my access to the SharePoint site I setup for them... I was looking forward to knowing the business before it goes public.

You go girl! you are the presentation Queen! smiley-signs107.gif

good morning everyone..

went to my body sculpting class last night and it was rigourous no doubt.. she worked on our arms.. which i love, cuz i want more definition when i have a halter or sleeveless on so YAYYYYY>. back to spins class 2night..

hey dada.. looks like u are back.. can't wait to hear bout the trip...

going back to catch up..later!

Hey Quanna, you are working it out I have not jogged or exercised in a week I need to get back on my hustle. I swear when I don't exercise I just gain weight, Hubby says its all in my mind but I guess its my body telling me I need exercise. I guess better listen huh? LOL

****ROC VSC****

I was sitting here thinking what kind of plant is this 1Luv has and it came to me Dieffenbachia girl i have several and I keep them outside. They are very similar to the Philodendron like Irie Cat has you can follow both of our directives and you will be fine indoor or outdoor but I am partial to moving all indoor plants outdoor in the summer :star:

Here is a pic does it look like this? The below shown is variegated.

****ROC VSC****

This is it, the moment we all have been waiting for! smiley-happy093.gif smiley-happy053.gif smiley-happy057.gif

I got my heart

****ROC VSC****

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey 1Luv,

I just tried to google this name Diefenbaker and a Caucasian dude came up LOL. I am not familiar with that correct genus name but it may have another name I know what does it look like?

The basic rules of gardening I follow is plant, tend, reap! Find a nice spacious pot so the roots have space to grow and flourish. Also dirt is important I don't buy cheap soil because it some are too water soluble and will soak the roots and ultimately kill the plant. So find a good potting soil Miracle Grow and Expert is great a small bag will do just fine. Also place it near a window with light and since we are in summer place it on the porch it will love that. Water it twice a week and spray it daily and add a little food to the water as well. You will do just fine good luck :thumbs:

Someone just told me the name it is called Dieffenbachia. Thanks for the tips Philly :thumbs::dance:

I was sitting here thinking what kind of plant is this 1Luv has and it came to me Dieffenbachia girl i have several and I keep them outside. They are very similar to the Philodendron like Irie Cat has you can follow both of our directives and you will be fine indoor or outdoor but I am partial to moving all indoor plants outdoor in the summer :star:

Here is a pic does it look like this? The below shown is variegated.

I just saw this post after I posted. Yes that is the plant!!! :dance::dance:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

morning yardies!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My presentation to the management team went well; I could answer every question they asked.

Now I'm sad that I have to remove my access to the SharePoint site I setup for them... I was looking forward to knowing the business before it goes public.

You go girl! you are the presentation Queen! smiley-signs107.gif

good morning everyone..

went to my body sculpting class last night and it was rigourous no doubt.. she worked on our arms.. which i love, cuz i want more definition when i have a halter or sleeveless on so YAYYYYY>. back to spins class 2night..

hey dada.. looks like u are back.. can't wait to hear bout the trip...

going back to catch up..later!

Hey Quanna, you are working it out I have not jogged or exercised in a week I need to get back on my hustle. I swear when I don't exercise I just gain weight, Hubby says its all in my mind but I guess its my body telling me I need exercise. I guess better listen huh? LOL

im trying girl.. i KNOW i have gained weight since roger's been here.. i haven't been on a scale in 2 yrs almost, i just don't weigh myself BUT i can see this belly getting rounder UGH!!! bras fitting tighter..

this is straight madness!!! i guess as a single person or even when i was married.. i didn't eat big home cooked meals like this so often, so it makes a difference..

This is it, the moment we all have been waiting for! smiley-happy093.gif smiley-happy053.gif smiley-happy057.gif

I got my heart

lol!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

lol yaaaay philly got her heart!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.