SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

damn, that is messed up. how about treating people with kindness and respect because it is the right thing to do...not because of what you could benefit from it???

they treat Jamaicans like $hit because they know they won't get the same "warm" treatment (money, connections to go a farrin, etc)

so there is no benefit to being nice to jamaicans

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

stone maybe its different set up on the blackberry screen, but the friend requests link is usually in the upper right hand corner of the screen...

philly.. trek on thru girl.. at least its friday!! ur garden soon come..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jawi I think that one takes the cake! I will be laughing about this for a while.

ya know!! :lol:

I will never be able to hear that song again with out thinking about the poor dawg :rofl:

HI Ladies I have been trying to say that since mawnin! I am so busy at the gig I can't breathe " sigh" TGIF!

Morning Philly!

Jonesie said she said "Listen to the song baby...why would they say Police nyam mi dawg...then I want to wish you a Merry Christmas?? That doesn't go together." She said he kissed teet and said "Well, I don't know Spanish!" :rofl: :rofl:

I think it was so funny to me because I can literally picture him singing to the top of his lungs...you can't tell his knucklehead butt anything anyway...so I know he thought he was getting down. That was one song he KNEW! :rofl: He would respond to my laughing right now with "EEEhhhhhnnnnn. *kiss teet*"

((((Philly)))) (F)

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

:ot: Question? I was just talking with a friend who is fairly new in considering the visa process and she told me that she was talking with her SO and doing some research and learned that as an option he could pay like $2500US and get a visa from Jamaica to come here. She first started explaining the K1 process and I confirmed that from what I have learned so far the info she had on that part was true. But then she said if you did not want to get married then your SO could pay the $2500US to some place in Jamaica and file over there and receive their visa to travel here???? I told her I have never heard of that unless she was talking about the Tourists/Visitors visa, but they were a luck of the draw and kind of hard to get approved. But she said no they could pay the money and get the visa from Jamaica. Has anyone ever heard of this? I told her to find out more and let me know everything but I was just wondering has anyone on here ever heard of this and could enlighten me.

:ot2:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline

i have a friend that comes on a work visa i thought tho.. he pays like $2000 and is able to come work for this hotel.. but there has to be work available.. and ive heard the work visas have been cut dramatically..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i have a friend that comes on a work visa i thought tho.. he pays like $2000 and is able to come work for this hotel.. but there has to be work available.. and ive heard the work visas have been cut dramatically..

yeah they have my fiance used to come on those ..him and the rest of the guys he came with before didnt get them this year

:ot: Question? I was just talking with a friend who is fairly new in considering the visa process and she told me that she was talking with her SO and doing some research and learned that as an option he could pay like $2500US and get a visa from Jamaica to come here. She first started explaining the K1 process and I confirmed that from what I have learned so far the info she had on that part was true. But then she said if you did not want to get married then your SO could pay the $2500US to some place in Jamaica and file over there and receive their visa to travel here???? I told her I have never heard of that unless she was talking about the Tourists/Visitors visa, but they were a luck of the draw and kind of hard to get approved. But she said no they could pay the money and get the visa from Jamaica. Has anyone ever heard of this? I told her to find out more and let me know everything but I was just wondering has anyone on here ever heard of this and could enlighten me.

I hAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS ONE

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
they treat Jamaicans like $hit because they know they won't get the same "warm" treatment (money, connections to go a farrin, etc)

I remember when I went to Jamaica I could not utter a word when we were at the shops cuz they knew how to rip off forieners, my hubby did all the talking. They did treat my hubby different than me! :blush:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline
sus, the tub, sink and toilet overflowed at Jamaica Grande, she said she wouldn't even talk to the manager until get got off site...she didn't want that room in the first place and I told her she shouldn't have taken it. She says she hates the way they treat Jamaicans there -- I tried to warn her. You know she had to be pissed to leave from Ocho come all di way a bay.

why would they treat jamaicans so badly there? is this the norm at an AI?

damn, that is messed up. how about treating people with kindness and respect because it is the right thing to do...not because of what you could benefit from it???

We had horrible treatment at SJG - Most of the staff and everyone were fine - but one night we were walking around the beach - we were WAY into the property, nowhere near a gate - a security guard stopped us and asked to see DJ's bracelet, snapped it to try to make sure it was valid, looked at the numbers, and told us we had to stand there while she called to verify it - I blasted her and told her to write the numbers down, and that if she needed to verify he was a PAYING guest, here's my room number - by the way, how do you spell her name so I can get it right to the management?

Then we had clothes stolen outta the room - It took 5 calls and me screaming that if security wasn't at the room in 5 minutes, I was coming up to the lobby and screaming out to all the guests what had happened - the next day, I had to chase down someone until I got the head of security - he basically accused us of lying and smoking weed in the room, which is a $500US charge - and implied that he would make that go away if we dropped the claim - I went off and went to the management - Who was very nice, and listened to my issues - told the manager that we were there bc I was planning my wedding in JA and we had been considering the property - but since my SO is Jamaican, and therefore half my family - there was NO WAY I would pay for a wedding there, that I needed somewhere that could accomodate 400 guests - but I would look elsewhere - He kissed butt after that, comped us all types of stuff, got us reservations in all the fancy restaurants, called me every day to check if I needed anything -

Be very careful there - I know someone who paid for a visa - Got arrested at the airport for fraud.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: I drank 1/4 of a cup of "herb"tea. It was not that bad. Hubby sweetened it with some condensed milk. Who ever drank this kinda tea b4 :ot2:

Not sure what you mean by ""herb"", but I also started adding creamer to my tea. I was a regular peppermint, apple, or green tea drinker until my coworkers turned me on to Earl Gray. Now I barely drink anything else.

Speaking of... time to head back to work and get my afternoon cuppa now.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ladies!!!

without all the help and love from y'all i would not be able to say this:

he passed the interview

my man soon come!

love and light to every singly one of you

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

may our lives cont. to be blessed

Edited by justucia

Timeline
ladies!!!

he passed the interview

my man soon come!

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

So so so so happy for you!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
We had horrible treatment at SJG - Most of the staff and everyone were fine - but one night we were walking around the beach - we were WAY into the property, nowhere near a gate - a security guard stopped us and asked to see DJ's bracelet, snapped it to try to make sure it was valid, looked at the numbers, and told us we had to stand there while she called to verify it - I blasted her and told her to write the numbers down, and that if she needed to verify he was a PAYING guest, here's my room number - by the way, how do you spell her name so I can get it right to the management?

Then we had clothes stolen outta the room - It took 5 calls and me screaming that if security wasn't at the room in 5 minutes, I was coming up to the lobby and screaming out to all the guests what had happened - the next day, I had to chase down someone until I got the head of security - he basically accused us of lying and smoking weed in the room, which is a $500US charge - and implied that he would make that go away if we dropped the claim - I went off and went to the management - Who was very nice, and listened to my issues - told the manager that we were there bc I was planning my wedding in JA and we had been considering the property - but since my SO is Jamaican, and therefore half my family - there was NO WAY I would pay for a wedding there, that I needed somewhere that could accomodate 400 guests - but I would look elsewhere - He kissed butt after that, comped us all types of stuff, got us reservations in all the fancy restaurants, called me every day to check if I needed anything -

What is SJG?? :blink:

I have never stayed at an all inclusive... I can't stand the way they treat the people. :angry:

I think it would be nice to have all you can eat and drink, but I can't get past the harassment of Jamaican's I have witnessed....

Granted there are people in Jamaica to watch out for, but they make it seem like the island full of bad people :angry:

Bad mind people EVERYWHERE!

smiley-angry018.gif

ladies!!!

he passed the interview

my man soon come!

smiley_dance.gifsmiley_dance.gifsmiley_dance.gifsmiley_dance.gifsmiley_dance.gifsmiley_dance.gif

(F):star:(F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.