SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How strange is this...

I dreamed my family (parents, sister, and I) went to visit my best friend who just moved to New York. When we were waiting for her to buzz us in, some giant Great Dane came running up to us wanting to play. As I'm not a dog person, I shooed him away. But then I remembered that Thompson2B has mentioned having a Great Dane named Mamadou before, so I asked my best friend if someone named ____ _____ (Thompson2B's real name) lived in her complex. She said yup!

Later, my friend and I were returning to her complex and we passed Thompson2B, whom my friend pointed out. I didn't say hi, though.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just realized that as of October, I hit my 5 year mark here and will have 5 weeks of vacation per year!

I get to work here 15 years to get that. Only 11 more to go....YIPEE :dance:

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus, I have mixed feelings about that case...

The man, thinking the child was his, didn't support the child initially. So even though he later found it that it wasn't his, it could've easily been his & he was intentionally not paying support when he should have.

Now the woman was definitely wrong, too, for telling him that the child was his when she was double-dipping... but I don't really feel sorry for the man.

While I agree that he was wrong not to support the child if he thought it was his - It is wrong to put a man in jail for a YEAR when you know that the child isn't his, he got laid off from work and had no income - that's just an abuse of justice -

:ot:

Facebook question...I'm on facebook using my phone...can i upload photos in my phone on facebook while on my phone...I have a blackberry...I don't see any upload button to upload pics... :ot2:

Did you download FB through the blackberry apps site? You should see a little camera along the top row - that's how you upload photos to it.

ok got it...uploaded two pics...now how can i view them?????....

ok forget it...i found out....yeaaaaaa....getting the hang of it...

Edited by StoneLove4Ever

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: Timeline

my friend just sent me a picture of the insects that's taking over her $200 plus dollar a night room at the brand new Riu in Mobay...she was at Jamaica Grande earlier in the week and work up to brown water running from the toilet (damaged) most of her things in her suitcase.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Good morning everyone,

To all that asked, our interviewed was rescheduled from July to Aug. I am back in the states right now, but I will be going back to Jamaica for the Aug. date. I thank all who asked about us.

Good luck to those who have up-coming interviews, anniversaries, and marriages.

Finnes, and Da Da, no... Finnes did not scare me away, but I just don't do drama and drama has no place in my life. So, I will focus only on those things that add value to my family life.

VJ have been a great source of information, so I thank those who have contributed to giving me guidance and support.

Good luck, Roxcie.

Who has their interview today? Is it Justucia?

OMG....forgot about her. Yes, I think it is today.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

You should be able to see them through Status Updates, or by clicking on the square next to where you post what is on your mind - navigate to your pics

Very nice, BTW!

my friend just sent me a picture of the insects that's taking over her $200 plus dollar a night room at the brand new Riu in Mobay...she was at Jamaica Grande earlier in the week and work up to brown water running from the toilet (damaged) most of her things in her suitcase.

Nasty - I wouldn't put anything past Jamaica Grande - sad, really, cause it has the potential to be a great place.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

sus, the tub, sink and toilet overflowed at Jamaica Grande, she said she wouldn't even talk to the manager until get got off site...she didn't want that room in the first place and I told her she shouldn't have taken it. She says she hates the way they treat Jamaicans there -- I tried to warn her. You know she had to be pissed to leave from Ocho come all di way a bay.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok, i'm worried now.

someone mentioned on here earlier today that I-130's are only on November 2003 for processing...which prompted me to check the uscis website. This information does state on the website to be true but I know for sure when i checked this out prior to filing for my stepd that it said 5 months for processing. so how can this be? i might have to consult those immigration experts on the other thread...anybody know?

Who is filing for your stepdad? You?

They also process those for immediate (husband, child, stepchild)family members first.....Then, the rest get visas when there are numbers available. Those additional numbers are limited every year. Thus, the difference in numbers.

no my stepdaughter..

i read the damn thing wrong...they are processing Feb 2009 ones now so i'm good. i must be losing my mind...

Timeline

You should be able to see them through Status Updates, or by clicking on the square next to where you post what is on your mind - navigate to your pics

Very nice, BTW!

Nasty - I wouldn't put anything past Jamaica Grande - sad, really, cause it has the potential to be a great place.

Thanks...went to city island yesterday and we really enjoyed ourselves....he was feeding the fishes french fries and the fishes would jump up and eat them...and they were big fishes...had the kids all excited and stuff...LOL...He could act like one big kid sometimes...it was nice though...

US Embassy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sus, the tub, sink and toilet overflowed at Jamaica Grande, she said she wouldn't even talk to the manager until get got off site...she didn't want that room in the first place and I told her she shouldn't have taken it. She says she hates the way they treat Jamaicans there -- I tried to warn her. You know she had to be pissed to leave from Ocho come all di way a bay.

why would they treat jamaicans so badly there? is this the norm at an AI?

Timeline

IMO, it's normal in a lot of places in JA. Not just AIs.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

finese, the first time I ever stayed at a resort was for my cousin's wedding and unfortunately it was at Jamaica Grande, this was in the 90s and we damn near fought the front desk manager...this is my thing, I'm paying you the same amount of money, if not more in some cases as the tourist and sometimes the Jamaicans that are at some of these resorts are on holiday as well, but the tone changes and that PISSES ME OFF! bad...

I get along with everyone, I always greet people and tell them mawnin, afternoon r good'nite with a big smile and I hate it when people are rude in return and I can't let you live it down...so call mi factey if you want. Thank God, I'm fortunate to have a house in Jamaica...if I didn't I would have to do a rental property or something like that.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

they treat Jamaicans like $hit because they know they won't get the same "warm" treatment (money, connections to go a farrin, etc)

so there is no benefit to being nice to jamaicans

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
that sunset grande sounds TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! now i am really mad im not on FB cuz i can't see pics of stone!!!! man.. i am going to my sisters house 2night.. no internet sucks!!

:lol: ....you not missing much...just have 3 pics up there...i just added another one with me at 5 mos pregnant....can i tell you the nerve the security guards at my job told me yesterday...there cool peoples though....when i was leaving he said to me "anyday now huh"....I said "no i still have 3mos to go"...he then says "damnnnnn....are you having twins"....I was like "no buddy....just one baby".... :blink:

US Embassy:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.