SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I just realized that as of October, I hit my 5 year mark here and will have 5 weeks of vacation per year!

Our companies seem to have the same policies. It'll be 5 years for me in September and I would have had 5 weeks too.

My company policy starts off at two weeks, you get an additional week at 5 years. But, before I accepted the job, I haggled my vacation, that I had 5 weeks at my current job and couldn't go back to only two - They have a flex time option where you can purchase a week of time - Then I haggled with them that if they gave me 4 weeks, and I bought a week, I would have the same amount of time - So now, I get my additional week, giving me 5 - 6 if I buy one!

sus, I've told so many of my friends that they can do this when accepting a job offer...the same with work hours. If they really want you they'll work with you. I also get five weeks of vacation per year after the 5th year. I haggled my work hours and asked for flex time. Because we don't have an official maternity police, when I was pregnant, if I needed to be off during the week I would work a weekend day instead of using my sick leave...worked out great.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Most people don't realize you can do it - I didn't - At the time, I just wanted out of my previous job - the money was about the same, the commute, etc... - much more room for advancement and growth, though. So instead of arguing salary, I decided to argue benefits, and it worked -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Today is my second anniversary :)

Ordered hubby some chocolate covered strawberries :)

First time we met, we ate a dozen between us....aww the memories!!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

GOOD MORNING ... HOPE EVERY ONES DAY IS GOING WELL

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Good morning everyone,

To all that asked, our interviewed was rescheduled from July to Aug. I am back in the states right now, but I will be going back to Jamaica for the Aug. date. I thank all who asked about us.

Good luck to those who have up-coming interviews, anniversaries, and marriages.

Finnes, and Da Da, no... Finnes did not scare me away, but I just don't do drama and drama has no place in my life. So, I will focus only on those things that add value to my family life.

VJ have been a great source of information, so I thank those who have contributed to giving me guidance and support.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy Anniversary :dance:

Morning VJ. Work is been kicking my butt :bonk:

Ooopss.....Work is kicking my butt. I've been here since 5:45 :sleepy:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I called the Dept of State this morning & asked if Kingston received my case. The lady said that they received the electronic copy on Monday, but hadn't received the hard copy yet.

However, I'm 99.9% sure from what NVC said & from the DHL tracking that they received my case Wednesday afternoon. So I wonder if the USEM in Kingston hasn't processed their mail received Wed afternoon yet, resulting in it not showing up in their system.

-----

Welcome back, RoxieJoe! Thanks for some of the advice you gave me several months ago (for what to do after NOA2). I've been using it last week & this week.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Timeline

Happy Anniversary :dance:

Morning VJ. Work is been kicking my butt :bonk:

Ooopss.....Work is kicking my butt. I've been here since 5:45 :sleepy:

Dang Shemmy, I have to be at work at 5:30 tomorrow, so I share your pain

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

This is messed up:

ADEL, Ga. (July 16) -- A Georgia man spent more than a year behind bars for failing to pay child support for a child that wasn't his, but he was released after DNA tests showed he wasn't the father.

Frank Hatley, 50, had been jailed since June 2008 for not making payments, but two separate DNA tests in the last nine years showed he was not the father of the boy, who is now 21.

Skip over this content

Southern Center for Human Rights attorney Sarah Geraghty won Hatley's release at a hearing Wednesday in Superior Court. A court order has also relieved him of his financial obligation to the Georgia Department of Human Resources.

"State child support officials have shown extraordinarily poor judgment in Mr. Hatley's case," Geraghty said.

Although Hatley was freed from making future payments after a 2001 hearing, Superior Court Judge Dan Perkins had ordered him to continue making $16,000 in back payments. He paid $6,000 of that before being laid off from his job.

Perkins ordered Hatley's immediate release Wednesday after determining that he was indigent. Although he was released, Hatley's paternity case is still unresolved. No future hearings are scheduled.

"Out of it all, I just feel like justice should be served for me in this case," Hatley told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution shortly after his release. "I shouldn't have to keep being punished for a child that is not mine."

Hatley had a relationship with Essie Lee Morrison, who had a baby in 1987 and told Hatley the child was his, according to court records. The couple never married and split up shortly afterward.

In 1989, Morrison applied for public assistance through the state Department of Human Resources. Hatley agreed to reimburse the state because he believed the boy was his.

Documents show Hatley paid at least $9,500.

But in 2000, DNA samples showed the two were not related, according to court records. A test earlier this month confirmed that.

Timeline
i have climbed the falls three times in my life (yes its a damn shame because i live here but so what!, lol)

the first time i was a little girl so i don't remember

the second time was scary as hell because me and my cheap #### friends decided we weren't going to rent shoes so we went bare footed :blink: BIG NO NO! man there are some parts where we had to be on our bellies because we couldn't grip the rocks with our feet. VERY scary. and as crusty as my foot bottom is i couldn't manage the sharp rockstone dem

the third time, did it with hubby and we wore the rubber shoes, much much better

as long as you wear those shoes you'll be good

bunzy are u saying its a shame cuz u have went only 3 times and u live there or u have went THAT many times and live there.. roger has climbed i think once or twice.. him chat bout.. dats tourist ting baby.. WHATEVER!

I wore my shoes girl!! i should have some timberlands next time LOL

MORNING ALL!!!

Timeline
Hey Yardies i miss yall sooooo much damn i did not realize how much time i spend chatting wit u ladies until i couldnt anymore smh talking about something that make the day go by at wrk lol... update well i came out of my eating depression binge last week after losing my job and been hitting the gym every morn like i was doing when i was working i also noticed that not wrking make me think about this process and how much i miss my babez, it is taking everything inside me not to make a bleep it decesion and fly mi rass to JA for 2 wks... i am cringing about catching up so how about i just say congrats to anyone who need it and imma hoping there is no bad news for me to comment on...

hey newly.. glad u hear u getting out of ur funk.. miss u too chica.. :yes:

Timeline

This review had me crying:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews...HECK_RATES_CONT

ONE woman was swimming in her GIRDLE and SHOWER CAP, another guy swam in his cutoff JEANS SHORTS---BELT AND ALL !! Another lady worn her Panties and a men's sleeveless UNDERSHIRT. I'M NOT A PRUDE, BUT WHEN THE PERSON IS OVER 200 POUNDS, what an AWFUL SITE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.