Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh i see sus.. great to not have to wake up early on Monday!!

dillon.. girl i feel for u.. i know how those lil princesses can be.. mine has an older sister, but u would nver know it the way she acts sometimes LOL..

so was ur step son w/ his mother in JA?? how old is he..

are u guys making any plans for adjusting them into schools here.. I mean u and island if she comes on soon.. just wondering what that transition may be like.. i know u are taking it one step at a time.. family adjustment first.. roger always laugh at me cuz i am talking bout step b before i get to step a.. just how i am LOL

Ya he was with his mother in JA and he is 9 my daughter is 7.

I don't know how the school thing is going to work out. I will call them next week as their offices have been closed for summer. I was going to PM Tre and see if she has any advice on how to handle this but haven't had the chance to yet.

Dillon,

You might have done this already, but have them send with his son all of his school records/vaccine and such. Dang, age 9, that's how old I was when I came here....back then it was not cool to have a Jamaican accent, lord did they ever tease me, but I just laughed at them. I hated school in the states, I was way ahead of the grade they put me in so I was bored most of the time, but was always the teacher's pet...all the way through highschool.

You're on the right track. Find out what you can from your daugther's school and what you'll need to provide to them.

Thanks Tre! I told his Mom to send his school records and I know he will be carrying his shot record. I wonder if he is going to have the same problem of being bored. I know he has been going to a Catholic School in Kingston and I know you went to one too. Wonder if he is going to flip out going to a public school now. Should be fun to watch. Did your parents ever ask if you could be moved up a grade?

or maybe after he finishes this first year.. check into some talented and gifted programs... i think they will need the testing and grades from a school here for admissions..

the school my daughter will be going to next year had some summer assignments that had us looking :unsure: .. she will DEF not be bored this year.. LORD help us.. :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Tre! I told his Mom to send his school records and I know he will be carrying his shot record. I wonder if he is going to have the same problem of being bored. I know he has been going to a Catholic School in Kingston and I know you went to one too. Wonder if he is going to flip out going to a public school now. Should be fun to watch. Did your parents ever ask if you could be moved up a grade?

Dillon, I was 2 grades ahead for my age, my parents wanted to do that, but the only way that could have been done was to put me in private school and they could not afford that in the states, so my brother and I dealt with it. I was very depressing, then to add, we couldn't eat the food and got hospitalized.

tre, was it easy for you to make friends?

Filed: Timeline

Quana,

No - I have a son. He's 14 and he lives in Las Vegas with his father. He's here with me for the summer - so that's another reason for the local trips, Six Flags, Sea World, etc. My son is begging for me to take him on the trip to Jamaica - more money. I'm looking at some options now. I going to rely on my VJ family to get a good idea of where to stay when the time comes to start making arrangements. Yeah - the piggy bank is going to be drained drastically.

Timeline
Quana,

No - I have a son. He's 14 and he lives in Las Vegas with his father. He's here with me for the summer - so that's another reason for the local trips, Six Flags, Sea World, etc. My son is begging for me to take him on the trip to Jamaica - more money. I'm looking at some options now. I going to rely on my VJ family to get a good idea of where to stay when the time comes to start making arrangements. Yeah - the piggy bank is going to be drained drastically.

oh ok.. thats cool.. whew.. girl w/ this TX heat..im surprised ya'll venture anywhere but in front ot that a/c.. im glad my kids went on vacay w/ their dad and now the summer camp has taken them somewhere every week.. i can't manage in this heat..

Timeline
:ph34r:

lol

yeah, that one....3 spies pon di board now

dang finesse.. u making dem go weh!

maybe my ex is one of them.. HI MR EX!!!!

mr ex...MOVE FRAM HERE!! and get a life... :rofl:

oh no.. it was 2 now back to 3.. the odda one was just at lunch!! LOL

guests if u are not jg stalker or my ex.. pls don't feel bad.. i lurked for almost 3 mnths i think b4 i joined :blush:

but if u are said stalkers.. go dead a bush like tre would say! (did i say it right)

Timeline
damn, now we got spies over here? which one a you is a spy?

She would not sign up on here. But, I purposely put stuff out here sometimes and watch it get back to other site. Been doing it for years.

mek it plain...call ar name!

Trouble maker :bonk:

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

:ph34r:

lol

:crying: cho ooman gimme back mi mask

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Dillon, I was 2 grades ahead for my age, my parents wanted to do that, but the only way that could have been done was to put me in private school and they could not afford that in the states, so my brother and I dealt with it. I was very depressing, then to add, we couldn't eat the food and got hospitalized.

It was easy for me to make friends...damn, I was Ms. International, but it was difficult for me to understand them...sometimes I still have problems understanding some Americans depends on where they're from.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

thats what i always wonder, even tho it will be WAYYY down the line.. i feel sorry for the kiddos.. i would hate to have a new home, new step mom, new skool, new COUNTRY and then have a hard time getting friends.. :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.