SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sus, is Sunset Beach Hotel in Negril use to be Coral Seas Beach Resort back in the day

Yes, it is - It's not getting good reviews under the new owners -

If you are looking for an AI on the beach, look at Grand Pineapple

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
:( Once again, PlayDate Houston is waaay on the north side. I don't like driving 30+ minutes for entertainment, but I guess it's only fair, as my friends who live on the north side always drive down here for stuff.

30 min plus is the norm here nat.. i don't even think about it anymore.. LOL

You know how Facebook suggests friends for you.... I'm wondering how it knows that I know some of these people it's suggesting. For example, my ex. Today is the 2nd or 3rd time Facebook suggested that I add him as a friend. I've seen other people that I know even less suggested as friends. I'd love to know the algorithm behind that...

i agree.. my ex husband has been suggested sevearal times.. i mean just cuz we have the same last name and live in the same city GIGANTIC city.. why are we being linked.. UGHHHH

oh good morning all.. im catching up..thanks jawi for making sure i was in the mix yesterday..

i took off, it was roger and my 2nd year annivesary of meeting..

It's matching you up with mutual friends. So one of your friends is facebook friends with you ex. That's is the logic behind the suggestion. It used to show you who was the mutal friend. I'm not sure if it still does.

Timeline
Perhaps I can post 400+ times to get my next heart, while everyone else is chatting away on Sus's board...

I get off work in 3 hours today. The ONLY benefit of coming in early. But I much rather sleep two more hours in the morning and get off at 6 instead of 4.

I've been living off caffeine today.

U rather get off at 6 then 4?? Yeah u ARENT a morning person. I would pick 4:00 anyday. hmm wonder if you'll feel the same once Steven arrives? Well I guess you might because you most likely won't want to leave him behind in bed so the late mornings will work out fine for you I guess.

i know how u feel nat.. my job has flex from 7:30-9am.. earlier u get in the earlier u get off right.. shoot, i am barely here at 9.. i mean heck yeah i wanna get off at 4, but if it means me getting up at 5:30.. FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's matching you up with mutual friends. So one of your friends is facebook friends with you ex. That's is the logic behind the suggestion. It used to show you who was the mutal friend. I'm not sure if it still does.

It does still show mutual friends. For me, like Quana, I have no mutual friends with my ex, yet it still matches us.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Philly I'm like you...busy busy busy...but I can't concentrate...like I have A ADD..whatever it's called.

It does still show mutual friends. For me, like Quana, I have no mutual friends with my ex, yet it still matches us.

Really? Oh...did you go to the same college or school? Or work together for one of your jobs listed? I think some high school people found me that way.

Timeline
30 min plus is the norm here nat.. i don't even think about it anymore.. LOL

Most people would tell you it's the norm in Houston, too. But I live inside the inner loop, so I'm usually close to everything. Work = 2.2 miles, 3 grocery stores within 2 miles, blocks from the galleria. The farthest place I drive regularly is to church, which is about a 13 minute drive.

I want a house so I can have more space, a yard, and unshared walls, but I have a MUCH stronger desire to avoid spending my time driving to/from places, so I keep the apartment in the middle of town.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
You know how Facebook suggests friends for you.... I'm wondering how it knows that I know some of these people it's suggesting. For example, my ex. Today is the 2nd or 3rd time Facebook suggested that I add him as a friend. I've seen other people that I know even less suggested as friends. I'd love to know the algorithm behind that...

i agree.. my ex husband has been suggested sevearal times.. i mean just cuz we have the same last name and live in the same city GIGANTIC city.. why are we being linked.. UGHHHH

oh good morning all.. im catching up..thanks jawi for making sure i was in the mix yesterday..

i took off, it was roger and my 2nd year annivesary of meeting..

no ma'am.. not possible w/ me and mr ex.. i only have vj friends and a couple of other ppl that ive met in the past year or so on FB.. i purposely don't have ppl that know steve and I.. the separation was too much of a surprise to sooo many.. i am not ready to explain the divorce... i know its wrong of me.. i have ran into so many ppl out and and about w/ roger and i just don't even introduce him.. i know i am wrong ya'll.. roger understands tho.. i will get courage soon i hope.. he deserves better..

Timeline
Really? Oh...did you go to the same college or school? Or work together for one of your jobs listed? I think some high school people found me that way.

Nothing in common (which is probably why we didn't last).

There are a couple of other people that I used to be in this organization with that FB suggests. I find that strange, too, because I never listed that organization and we have no mutual friends. I almost wonder if Facebook examines the cookies on your computer and possibly matches you with people if you've visited the same websites or something. Spooky.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
it was actually really funny. first they called me up there and asked me some stupidness. then they wanted my husband up there and she asked him some stupidness (i was sitting at this time....and you know how everyone in there can hear the questions.....and it was packed full a people) and then she goes and asked my husband what i wore to bed last night. as soon as she asked that i just put my head down and my hand over my face because i knew what the truth was and i knew hubby was gonna tell the truth...and then he said "she wore NOTHING". and everybody in there was laughing and whistling..and even the interviewer was smiling. it was hilarious. and when we were leaving, everyone was high-fiving us and shyt...it was too much!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

mental note.. take pajama set SPECIFICALLY for interview :rofl::rofl:

it was actually really funny. first they called me up there and asked me some stupidness. then they wanted my husband up there and she asked him some stupidness (i was sitting at this time....and you know how everyone in there can hear the questions.....and it was packed full a people) and then she goes and asked my husband what i wore to bed last night. as soon as she asked that i just put my head down and my hand over my face because i knew what the truth was and i knew hubby was gonna tell the truth...and then he said "she wore NOTHING". and everybody in there was laughing and whistling..and even the interviewer was smiling. it was hilarious. and when we were leaving, everyone was high-fiving us and shyt...it was too much!!!

I remember us talking about that when you came back. Pure slackness...that would have been the answer for me too. LOL

i was like....i came all this way for this???? hubby and i still laugh about that. i'll never forget that day...

yeah its crazy.. i hear alot of ppl that go back for the 2nd interview say it wasn't even involved.. soemtimes NO questions..that would have REALLY had me pissed!

Timeline
Oh boy..I just got a call from an old co-worker that is now a Senior manager and he wants me to join his firm...and offer a 15k sign on and 10k raise. Here's the issue....I don't want to go back to the client he wants or needs me for. They want to win a bid and want me (of many others) on the team to win. Let me mention that I have already left a job for the same reasons..and it didn't work. I followed the money and it just was not my place.

I'm "comfortable" at this job. It's like I don't want to take another "risk".

Pros - Money, closer...real close to my home, great career opportunity

Cons - The team..um..will have me doing all the work cause they don't know what the hell they are doing, the team..can't trust them for nothing, I'll be working on a client that I feel like there is nothing else to learn. It's you agency Quana.

So the question is: Should I take the risk for the $$$ or just stay put where I'm comfortable?

Now I gotta get back to my work before they start asking me if I'm done yet.

aww.. kk?? are we that bad LOL.. well i am not the best person to ask, cuz altho i am very money hungry.. i cant bother w/ stress.. id rather be somewhere where i feel happy.. just my 2 cents.. now if u don't mind doing all the work..thats different..i had a job, where i was pretty much carrying my coworkers, but i soooo enjoyed what i did, it didn't matter, it wasn't stress to me..

if u forsee problems w/ ur team then mabye that will only be temporary??

Good morning yardies!

Last nite hubby told me he wants my 3 month supply of BCP to be the last for a while. :whistle::whistle:

oohh one luv.. wow.. planning for a pickney soon??? are u ready my gyal???

Timeline
Oh boy..I just got a call from an old co-worker that is now a Senior manager and he wants me to join his firm...and offer a 15k sign on and 10k raise. Here's the issue....I don't want to go back to the client he wants or needs me for. They want to win a bid and want me (of many others) on the team to win. Let me mention that I have already left a job for the same reasons..and it didn't work. I followed the money and it just was not my place.

Cons - The team..um..will have me doing all the work cause they don't know what the hell they are doing, the team..can't trust them for nothing, I'll be working on a client that I feel like there is nothing else to learn. It's you agency Quana.

So the question is: Should I take the risk for the $$$ or just stay put where I'm comfortable?

Can you do it on a Consulting basis? I mean if you have the time to do it after your other job.

Jawi - They need to show that I'm an employee...it makes them look better to the client. The firm does have good maternity leave...not that I'm pregnant..but that is something I look at now when making a move.

well u don't have any now.. but u gonna give rhyan a truck load of pickney.. u are young kk, u will have that 6 figure salary girl.. nuh worry about it.. maybe u can talk w/ them about ur concerns..

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

aww.. kk?? are we that bad LOL.. well i am not the best person to ask, cuz altho i am very money hungry.. i cant bother w/ stress.. id rather be somewhere where i feel happy.. just my 2 cents.. now if u don't mind doing all the work..thats different..i had a job, where i was pretty much carrying my coworkers, but i soooo enjoyed what i did, it didn't matter, it wasn't stress to me..

if u forsee problems w/ ur team then mabye that will only be temporary??

Good morning yardies!

Last nite hubby told me he wants my 3 month supply of BCP to be the last for a while. :whistle::whistle:

oohh one luv.. wow.. planning for a pickney soon??? are u ready my gyal???

yes and no. I had an awful experience with my daughter. This is going to be my last child.

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.