SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
finese, to tell you the truth, that was the BEST day of our lives, my husband always takes the positive outlook on things -- when we got up that morning he made breakfast, went for a walk, packed and left the hotel...we ran jokes from the morning we woke up and all through the wait at the embassy. I'm glad I'm not a shy person, because if I was that woman that interviewed me would have made anyone cry...she was so intimidating ... mi just look pon ar...never lost eye contact -- as much as I hate to use this word she was a true #######....just plain rude

that woman is legendary

i always hear ppl talk about that one woman who talks on the top of her voice and who is VERY VERY rude

:ot: i see nat talking about sus' board?

is which board that?

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My packet made it to the US Embassy in Kingston 15 minutes ago...

Bunz, you need to get on Facebook (if you aren't).

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey dillon, how is married life treating you?

I just saw this JaHoney...married life is treating me really well. We went up to Chicago for the 4th and have just been enjoying each other.

You are you hanging in there? Michigan is nice this time of year!

How did he like Chicago?

He LOVED it and you should have seen his face when he saw the lake. He kept swearing that it is an ocean. We had a great time.

Ha ha.....Andre did the exact same thing.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

pardon my ignorance but i didn't know your file would leave nvc for kgn so fast

i really need to read up on the second part of this process, because almost everything related to it sounds like greek to me

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Ells, how is your co-worker's son doing? He will be in my prayers. (F)

One of my daughter's friends Brittany, was hit by a car yesterday and I just came from visiting her in the hospital. She got 10 stitches in her head and has some memory loss but otherwise they say she will be okay. Ja insisted on me leaving her with Brittany until visiting hours are over at 9 pm. so I will go pick her up then. Children just amaze me!

He's doing okay, they had to repair damage to a major artery near his stomach & repair his colon from the wound but he was stablized. They left his stomach area open to drain any 'stuff' & are closing it up today. He is still in bad shape but it sounds like he's going to be okay. Thanks for asking!

That poor girl! I'll pray for her full recovery too.

Hi Dillon........guess what...we finally got our interview date for August 4th. I can't believe that this has taken soooooooooolong, but We're almost together. i'm excited, but you know, the nervous kind, like What Else is going to happen??? So, i'm trying hard to stay positive ...any pre interview tips? culture1 ps...what a boring all star game. :blush:

CONGRATS Culture! It's about time!

Don't be nervous & just act yourselves while sitting in that waiting room. I always kept in mind what Lawny wrote here one time that really helped us. She told about her embassy story & said that they spent a lot of the time waiting & playing tic tac toe where she kept kicking hubby's butt! When they got approved, one of the COs (I think) said to her to let him win once in a while. She knew that they watched people in the waiting room on the camera (in the ceiling) at that point. I remembered that & made sure to act natural & go ahead & be silly in case they were observing from where we couldn't see. We breezed right through (still have to write my story about the visit I know)! Other couples were sitting there stiff & not even talking but we were chattering away & joking around the whole time. I know it helped prove our 'legitimacy' because one of the officers even noticed. Right after they took Lehi's fingerprints, we went back to the waiting area to sit back down & the fingerprint process made him REALLY nervous for some reason. When we sat, he took my hand & placed it over his heart to show me how hard his heart was beating in his chest. We both laughed & when I looked up at the first lady who took our papers at the window, she was smiling & laughing a little. When we got to the next window with another lady, I could already see the pink paper stapled inside his file but I didn't want to 'count my chickens before they hatched'.

On the big cat pics - I found some of a cat we had growing up that was part Maine ####### - with our full grown Lhasa -

risemiki03.jpg

risemiki01.jpg

risemiki02.jpg

That is SOOO cute!

it was actually really funny. first they called me up there and asked me some stupidness. then they wanted my husband up there and she asked him some stupidness (i was sitting at this time....and you know how everyone in there can hear the questions.....and it was packed full a people) and then she goes and asked my husband what i wore to bed last night. as soon as she asked that i just put my head down and my hand over my face because i knew what the truth was and i knew hubby was gonna tell the truth...and then he said "she wore NOTHING". and everybody in there was laughing and whistling..and even the interviewer was smiling. it was hilarious. and when we were leaving, everyone was high-fiving us and shyt...it was too much!!!

:lol::lol: Funny story! :yes:

:rofl: true.....doesn't it seem like every single time you go to jamaica, something totally funny happens?

YES! Here's one of my funny stories:

We were at NCB the day before the interview to pay the visa fee & had just started to wait for what would be almost 2 hours (why IS everything so slow in JA??). As we were standing in line, in a seated waiting area at the bank in Mobay, there was a mother with her young son who was probably around 6 or 7 years old. Next thing we hear him say, "MOMMA, I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE!" and proceeded to make this whiney half-cry sound. She must've said something very quietly to him because next he says, "YOU'RE HURTING MY FEELINGS!" and everyone in the bank started to laugh at that point. Just as all the giggles were finally starting to subside, the little boy says loudly again, "I DON'T CARE IF THEY LAUGH AFTER ME, THAT'S THEIR BUSINESS!" and once again, everyone was just busting out laughing! He just crossed his arms & sat stubbornly in his chair after he oh-so-properly spoke his piece!

Now we say all the time things like, "I don't CARE, that's THEIR business!" :rofl::rofl:

Wait...oh my..this was in my email from this morning:

What is your most important capital, your money or yourcharacter? I can assure you, this question will be asked of you amyriad of ways, quite often at the worst of all possible times whenyou are most vulnerable. Martin Luther supposedly said that thelast thing to get converted in a man was his wallet. So will youchoose the little of the righteous over the wealth of many wicked?Hmmm! Tough question in a pinch. So let's make that decision nowbefore the circumstances change. God, his Kingdom, his will, andhis righteousness come first, right?

Is this a sign? My head is spinning...I'm talking a six figure salary..that is a lot of mula. I don't know how the hubby will take this...

Boy KK, that is a really tough one...I don't think I'd know what to do either. I'd be inclined to say go for the money but if you're going to be miserable doing the job, it's definitely not worth it.

Is this a sign? My head is spinning...I'm talking a six figure salary..that is a lot of mula. I don't know how the hubby will take this...

Do you feel that taking the new job sacrifices your character?

Regardless, this email is a good reminder that you want to live according to God's will, so this situation is definitely something to pray about.

I was going to say that too....pray about it & hope you get your answer soon.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh boy..I just got a call from an old co-worker that is now a Senior manager and he wants me to join his firm...and offer a 15k sign on and 10k raise. Here's the issue....I don't want to go back to the client he wants or needs me for. They want to win a bid and want me (of many others) on the team to win. Let me mention that I have already left a job for the same reasons..and it didn't work. I followed the money and it just was not my place.

I'm "comfortable" at this job. It's like I don't want to take another "risk".

Pros - Money, closer...real close to my home, great career opportunity

Cons - The team..um..will have me doing all the work cause they don't know what the hell they are doing, the team..can't trust them for nothing, I'll be working on a client that I feel like there is nothing else to learn. It's you agency Quana.

So the question is: Should I take the risk for the $$$ or just stay put where I'm comfortable?

Now I gotta get back to my work before they start asking me if I'm done yet.

I think if you are having doubts now....knowing what you know about these people.....you KNOW your answer. Money is not everything.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
finese, to tell you the truth, that was the BEST day of our lives, my husband always takes the positive outlook on things -- when we got up that morning he made breakfast, went for a walk, packed and left the hotel...we ran jokes from the morning we woke up and all through the wait at the embassy. I'm glad I'm not a shy person, because if I was that woman that interviewed me would have made anyone cry...she was so intimidating ... mi just look pon ar...never lost eye contact -- as much as I hate to use this word she was a true #######....just plain rude

that woman is legendary

i always hear ppl talk about that one woman who talks on the top of her voice and who is VERY VERY rude

:ot: i see nat talking about sus' board?

is which board that?

just one? i would bet there are more than one beeyatch up in there...

Edited by finesse

Timeline
sorry if i totally missed this but why did your noa2 take so long?

:angry: :angry: :angry: No clue. Most people who filed in December were approved in April. There were a handful of us not approved (that were active on the forum). We all got approved last week and this week. Perhaps our petitions were in the slow worker's box... or the box of someone who went out on maternity leave. Who knows.

pardon my ignorance but i didn't know your file would leave nvc for kgn so fast

i really need to read up on the second part of this process, because almost everything related to it sounds like greek to me

You know! I feel blessed for that. I was reading quite a few peoples' posts about their files taking a long time to get to NVC and then sitting an NVC for a while.

Look at the workflows on this site for the diff visa types. They're pretty good at breaking down what happens at each step and how long. I would find the link, but gotta head to a meeting...

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
just one? i would bet there are more than one beeyatch up in there...

well generally they are very abrupt and on a few occasions you will find one and two are pleasant but there is THAT ONE WOMAN who is dreaded

i always hear ppl talk about her

she terrible man

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Ells,

Weh yuh Deh?

There is a hilarious story line on Young and the restless right now there is a crazy woman that had plastic surgery and is back in town to reek havok on the people who drove her mad. Essentially she is back to seek her revenge but no one knows her true identity! Well she has this Taxidermy Cat and she is always hiding under the sofa when people come into the room and whipping it out when they leave :blink: . Now mind you I DVR this soap everyday so Hubby watches with me at night! He calls her the Dead Pus Ooman! :rofl:

Yesterday the almost blind character saw her with the cat and asked if it was hungry and she replied no he sleeps alot :blink: :blink: :blink: then they pan in on the cat and it is stiff as a board! Hubby and I were on the floor!

Check out her pic!

Soaps are so strange! And they've gotten weirder through the years....must be because they ran out of material. I'm sure if I was home I'd be totally into all the wackiness though! :whistle:

I used to love what I do too...but there was a new sheriff in town when I left (she has since been replaced) that made things a little touch and go for a minute. I heard that they are still making demoralizing (reorganizations always lead to low morale among the employees) decisions in the name of good business...so I'll see when I get back. Upper management expects us to keep morale alive when we get smacked in the back of the neck at the same time as our employees. Corp America for you.

Reminds me of the state that I work for. When they added the third furlough day (as they discuss the possibility of a 4th!), they sent out an e-mail to everyone thanking us for the great work we do and to continue to provide great service. I can tell you my 'inner voice' had a few choice responses to that!

Timeline
My packet made it to the US Embassy in Kingston 15 minutes ago...

Bunz, you need to get on Facebook (if you aren't).

obsessive ooman

lol :bonk:

yuh stay deh, wait till me reach dah stage deh

yuh a go sick a mi!

upherebl.gif

Timeline

lol @ me looking on processing times and seeing a processing date of Nov 2003 for I130 petitions for spouses :blink:

upherebl.gif

Timeline

lmao @ this thread ---> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=207725

it sad but yuh haffi tek bad tings and mek joke

imagine you go through all a dat $hit to turn around and a simple ting like "DO NOT OPEN" smaddy go disobey

sheggrys dat

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.