SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Is this a sign? My head is spinning...I'm talking a six figure salary..that is a lot of mula. I don't know how the hubby will take this...

Do you feel that taking the new job sacrifices your character?

Regardless, this email is a good reminder that you want to live according to God's will, so this situation is definitely something to pray about.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Nat, what did Mobay Hope say about your fiance not having the interview letter in time.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
it was actually really funny. first they called me up there and asked me some stupidness. then they wanted my husband up there and she asked him some stupidness (i was sitting at this time....and you know how everyone in there can hear the questions.....and it was packed full a people) and then she goes and asked my husband what i wore to bed last night. as soon as she asked that i just put my head down and my hand over my face because i knew what the truth was and i knew hubby was gonna tell the truth...and then he said "she wore NOTHING". and everybody in there was laughing and whistling..and even the interviewer was smiling. it was hilarious. and when we were leaving, everyone was high-fiving us and shyt...it was too much!!!

fineses, that's funny, that was one of my 25 questions, what my husband wore to bed last night and I said NOTHING with a straight face, she then asked does he drink coffee or tea...I said both (ROLLING eyes)...damn I would love to re-do our interview, I WOULD NOT CHANGE A DAMN THING ABOUT THAT DAY!

me too....in the end, i'm glad i ended up having to go because it is so funny to think back about that day..

Timeline

I prefer to enjoy what I do...rather than chase the dollar. I turned down a lot of promotions because I was content with what I do for a living. Some times, when things get rough for me as a single mother...I kick myself because I could have more financial freedom now.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

So the question is: Should I take the risk for the $$$ or just stay put where I'm comfortable?

It depends. Do you need to make more money?

Personally, I rather be comfortable than rich. I rather continue with my current work load making the same amount than go somewhere & get $10k more, with tons more work. But a lot of people rather work more and get more money. It's in what you prefer, of course, and what you can afford.

I don't think I could EVER say no to that. It's not about the more work rather than the career path. I've always been so career oriented. My friend, who I'm the matron of honor for her wedding, says that the only things she see me work so hard in are Work and School (she went to college with me). Even my husband says I put 100% in work..and 85% in other stuff. I can't help it. It's something I'm working on. Problem has been identifed and accepted.

The reason why this is a tussle in my head is I don't really see a clear career where I am. I'm sooo comfortable that I might not ever want to leave but have to wait on that Director position. I didn't pay all this money for school to be in the same junior position for 25 years. Not what I had in mind. Not sure what God's plan is, though.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I prefer to enjoy what I do...rather than chase the dollar. I turned down a lot of promotions because I was content with what I do for a living. Some times, when things get rough for me as a single mother...I kick myself because I could have more financial freedom now.

Me too, Jawi - Although I am getting to the point where chasing the dollar is looking good - cause there are many changes and I am not necessarily enjoying what I do =

To answer your question about the cat picture - That is not a puppy, that was a full grown Lhasa Apso - gives you an idea of how big the freakin cat was, lol

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

it was actually really funny. first they called me up there and asked me some stupidness. then they wanted my husband up there and she asked him some stupidness (i was sitting at this time....and you know how everyone in there can hear the questions.....and it was packed full a people) and then she goes and asked my husband what i wore to bed last night. as soon as she asked that i just put my head down and my hand over my face because i knew what the truth was and i knew hubby was gonna tell the truth...and then he said "she wore NOTHING". and everybody in there was laughing and whistling..and even the interviewer was smiling. it was hilarious. and when we were leaving, everyone was high-fiving us and shyt...it was too much!!!

fineses, that's funny, that was one of my 25 questions, what my husband wore to bed last night and I said NOTHING with a straight face, she then asked does he drink coffee or tea...I said both (ROLLING eyes)...damn I would love to re-do our interview, I WOULD NOT CHANGE A DAMN THING ABOUT THAT DAY!

me too....in the end, i'm glad i ended up having to go because it is so funny to think back about that day..

finese, to tell you the truth, that was the BEST day of our lives, my husband always takes the positive outlook on things -- when we got up that morning he made breakfast, went for a walk, packed and left the hotel...we ran jokes from the morning we woke up and all through the wait at the embassy. I'm glad I'm not a shy person, because if I was that woman that interviewed me would have made anyone cry...she was so intimidating ... mi just look pon ar...never lost eye contact -- as much as I hate to use this word she was a true #######....just plain rude

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Hey Ladies VJ is back up WOO HOO, I know I am late but I was at lunch with my Boss we went to Pei Wei yummy!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Hey Ladies VJ is back up WOO HOO, I know I am late but I was at lunch with my Boss we went to Pei Wei yummy!

I won't even tell you what I thought that said... :whistle:

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

finese, to tell you the truth, that was the BEST day of our lives, my husband always takes the positive outlook on things -- when we got up that morning he made breakfast, went for a walk, packed and left the hotel...we ran jokes from the morning we woke up and all through the wait at the embassy. I'm glad I'm not a shy person, because if I was that woman that interviewed me would have made anyone cry...she was so intimidating ... mi just look pon ar...never lost eye contact -- as much as I hate to use this word she was a true #######....just plain rude

:thumbs: that day for us was pretty sweet too :thumbs:

Timeline
Just watched High School Musical 3 - (nothing on TV!) The words to this song have me in tears

NOTHING ON TV!!!!!!???? JG is going to get you for that...the ALL Star Game is on!

(JG just walks away shaking her head and muttering to herself.....)

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Nat, what did Mobay Hope say about your fiance not having the interview letter in time.

I don't know yet. We've been playing phone tag this afternoon. He'd call while I'm in meetings at work, and now that I'm calling, it goes straight to voicemail. :(

But I can see that he went somewhere with internet access about 30 minutes ago, cause we use Dropbox to share files. Once he gets the file I put in the Dropbox folder, he removes it from Dropbox which I get a pop-up about. He removed a file 15 min ago, so I bet he's still somewhere with internet access.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Ells,

Weh yuh Deh?

There is a hilarious story line on Young and the restless right now there is a crazy woman that had plastic surgery and is back in town to reek havok on the people who drove her mad. Essentially she is back to seek her revenge but no one knows her true identity! Well she has this Taxidermy Cat and she is always hiding under the sofa when people come into the room and whipping it out when they leave :blink: . Now mind you I DVR this soap everyday so Hubby watches with me at night! He calls her the Dead Pus Ooman! :rofl:

Yesterday the almost blind character saw her with the cat and asked if it was hungry and she replied no he sleeps alot :blink: :blink: :blink: then they pan in on the cat and it is stiff as a board! Hubby and I were on the floor!

Check out her pic!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
So the question is: Should I take the risk for the $$$ or just stay put where I'm comfortable?

It depends. Do you need to make more money?

Personally, I rather be comfortable than rich. I rather continue with my current work load making the same amount than go somewhere & get $10k more, with tons more work. But a lot of people rather work more and get more money. It's in what you prefer, of course, and what you can afford.

I don't think I could EVER say no to that. It's not about the more work rather than the career path. I've always been so career oriented. My friend, who I'm the matron of honor for her wedding, says that the only things she see me work so hard in are Work and School (she went to college with me). Even my husband says I put 100% in work..and 85% in other stuff. I can't help it. It's something I'm working on. Problem has been identifed and accepted.

The reason why this is a tussle in my head is I don't really see a clear career where I am. I'm sooo comfortable that I might not ever want to leave but have to wait on that Director position. I didn't pay all this money for school to be in the same junior position for 25 years. Not what I had in mind. Not sure what God's plan is, though.

Girl my best answer would be pray on it and ask God to direct your path. With faith...and not leaning into your own understanding...the choice will be crystal clear.

Me too, Jawi - Although I am getting to the point where chasing the dollar is looking good - cause there are many changes and I am not necessarily enjoying what I do =

To answer your question about the cat picture - That is not a puppy, that was a full grown Lhasa Apso - gives you an idea of how big the freakin cat was, lol

I used to love what I do too...but there was a new sheriff in town when I left (she has since been replaced) that made things a little touch and go for a minute. I heard that they are still making demoralizing (reorganizations always lead to low morale among the employees) decisions in the name of good business...so I'll see when I get back. Upper management expects us to keep morale alive when we get smacked in the back of the neck at the same time as our employees. Corp America for you.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Dillon that explains a lot! I've been having a few random people send me friend requests. If we have no mutual friends, schools, or work locations, I send a message asking how we know each other. I usually decline those requests. I wondered why I was getting them; I bet it's that friend suggestion thing!

I accept ONLY those I know. Stalker issues have me freaked.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.