SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've been tracking our package from NVC to Kingston all day today.

It went from NH to MA to OH to FL. About 2 hours ago, it landed in Kingston! I estimate another couple of hours before it gets to the embassy.

I emailed the embassy last night & got the automated response telling me they'll respond within 5 days.

Steven's calling MoBay Hope and asking if it's possible at all to bring the interview letter when he picks up his medical, instead of when he takes it.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hmm. I hope people don't like Sus's board so much that they never come back here. :unsure: I can't keep up with that many websites while I'm at work...

Guess I'll find a new group of people to chat with on VJ... maybe the July 2009 filers @ VSC. They'll probably be chatting for several months.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
:( Once again, PlayDate Houston is waaay on the north side. I don't like driving 30+ minutes for entertainment, but I guess it's only fair, as my friends who live on the north side always drive down here for stuff.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

I've felt overwhelmed at work this week. Fortunately I know it won't last too long. Usually work loads come in hills & valleys here. I had a very manageable workload for a few months until a few weeks ago. But I think by next week, I'll be back to relaxing.

Regardless of the work load, I thank God for my job. I actually enjoy what I do & playing this Corporate America game.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OMG!!!!! 10:54 is the last time someone posted and now for the first time ever on a Wed I am the only one on VJ!!!! HELLLLOOOOOOOO is anyone there??? :unsure:

How did you get on here, DaDa? This was down for a while so we were on Facebook & Sus's board.

The board was down?? Really? What is Sus's board? Is it on FB

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi again everyone, I'm back again for another question - so the girl I asked about last time figured her stuff out and got her intreview. Her Jamaican went to his interview and they actually told him to come back with her?!

Has anyone ever heard of this? I didn't know they could demand you go to the interview.

Just curious - her job won't give her any vacation time so she's not able to go. So I wanted to get your opinion - do you think if he shows back up with a letter from her employer saying she could not be granted any time off that would help them at all???

It couldn't hurt. But, if they requested she show, they want her to show. My advice is for her to call in sick a few days and make that interview.

this exact thing happened to me and you are right jg..

Finesse did you try the letter from work, or did you just follow the blue slip as requested? I wonder why some couples have to be there and others don't. Did your husband say or do something @ the first interview that made them think they needed more info or proof from you? Just curious...

i got a letter from work and hubby went back for the interview and they told him the same thing...that my presence was required. there is nothing odd about our relationship...we are the same age and had been dating for years and I had been to JA a million times....so the only thing that I can think of was that my husband was really nervous and he is an extremely shy (or should I say WAS) person so maybe they thought he didn't really know me....i really have no idea. and then when i went for the interview, they asked me like 2 stupid questions and him 2 questions and that was it. others have no problem whatsoever...

Timeline
Perhaps I can post 400+ times to get my next heart, while everyone else is chatting away on Sus's board...

I get off work in 3 hours today. The ONLY benefit of coming in early. But I much rather sleep two more hours in the morning and get off at 6 instead of 4.

I've been living off caffeine today.

U rather get off at 6 then 4?? Yeah u ARENT a morning person. I would pick 4:00 anyday. hmm wonder if you'll feel the same once Steven arrives? Well I guess you might because you most likely won't want to leave him behind in bed so the late mornings will work out fine for you I guess.

Edited by DaDa

Timeline
I've been tracking our package from NVC to Kingston all day today.

It went from NH to MA to OH to FL. About 2 hours ago, it landed in Kingston! I estimate another couple of hours before it gets to the embassy.

I emailed the embassy last night & got the automated response telling me they'll respond within 5 days.

Steven's calling MoBay Hope and asking if it's possible at all to bring the interview letter when he picks up his medical, instead of when he takes it.

i remember those days of obsessive compulsiveness...

Timeline
I've felt overwhelmed at work this week. Fortunately I know it won't last too long. Usually work loads come in hills & valleys here. I had a very manageable workload for a few months until a few weeks ago. But I think by next week, I'll be back to relaxing.

Regardless of the work load, I thank God for my job. I actually enjoy what I do & playing this Corporate America game.

Ur work load is probably only heavy because your trying to set a new record at the Embassy as well…LOL

Timeline
Hi again everyone, I'm back again for another question - so the girl I asked about last time figured her stuff out and got her intreview. Her Jamaican went to his interview and they actually told him to come back with her?!

Has anyone ever heard of this? I didn't know they could demand you go to the interview.

Just curious - her job won't give her any vacation time so she's not able to go. So I wanted to get your opinion - do you think if he shows back up with a letter from her employer saying she could not be granted any time off that would help them at all???

It couldn't hurt. But, if they requested she show, they want her to show. My advice is for her to call in sick a few days and make that interview.

Finesse did you try the letter from work, or did you just follow the blue slip as requested? I wonder why some couples have to be there and others don't. Did your husband say or do something @ the first interview that made them think they needed more info or proof from you? Just curious...

i got a letter from work and hubby went back for the interview and they told him the same thing...that my presence was required. there is nothing odd about our relationship...we are the same age and had been dating for years and I had been to JA a million times....so the only thing that I can think of was that my husband was really nervous and he is an extremely shy (or should I say WAS) person so maybe they thought he didn't really know me....i really have no idea. and then when i went for the interview, they asked me like 2 stupid questions and him 2 questions and that was it. others have no problem whatsoever...

I think it may have been the shyness too. Maybe he looked too nervous. I would have been PISSED girl. I would have shoved some papers on their desk and told them...that's it? 4 freaking questions? Ahh naw! Y'all are gone ask us some more questions today after I took all this time off work to come over here? Uh-uh...get me a supervisor. LMAO...I'm joking of course.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
The board was down?? Really? What is Sus's board? Is it on FB
Nah. She posted the link to the board on Facebook, though. Go to Ells' page & look at her status message with a whole bunch of comments. The link to Sus' board is in there.

U rather get off at 6 then 4?? Yeah u ARENT a morning person. I would pick 4:00 anyday. hmm wonder if you'll feel the same once Steven arrives? Well I guess you might because you most likely won't want to leave him behind in bed so the late mornings will work out fine for you I guess.
:thumbs:

i remember those days of obsessive compulsiveness...
LOL I hadn't thought of it as that, but I guess it is. :blush:

Ur work load is probably only heavy because your trying to set a new record at the Embassy as well…LOL
You're probably right about that....

did you have fun chatting to yourself nat?
:lol: I felt like my2 on a workday evening.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

I think it may have been the shyness too. Maybe he looked too nervous. I would have been PISSED girl. I would have shoved some papers on their desk and told them...that's it? 4 freaking questions? Ahh naw! Y'all are gone ask us some more questions today after I took all this time off work to come over here? Uh-uh...get me a supervisor. LMAO...I'm joking of course.

it was actually really funny. first they called me up there and asked me some stupidness. then they wanted my husband up there and she asked him some stupidness (i was sitting at this time....and you know how everyone in there can hear the questions.....and it was packed full a people) and then she goes and asked my husband what i wore to bed last night. as soon as she asked that i just put my head down and my hand over my face because i knew what the truth was and i knew hubby was gonna tell the truth...and then he said "she wore NOTHING". and everybody in there was laughing and whistling..and even the interviewer was smiling. it was hilarious. and when we were leaving, everyone was high-fiving us and shyt...it was too much!!!

Timeline
it was actually really funny. first they called me up there and asked me some stupidness. then they wanted my husband up there and she asked him some stupidness (i was sitting at this time....and you know how everyone in there can hear the questions.....and it was packed full a people) and then she goes and asked my husband what i wore to bed last night. as soon as she asked that i just put my head down and my hand over my face because i knew what the truth was and i knew hubby was gonna tell the truth...and then he said "she wore NOTHING". and everybody in there was laughing and whistling..and even the interviewer was smiling. it was hilarious. and when we were leaving, everyone was high-fiving us and shyt...it was too much!!!

I remember us talking about that when you came back. Pure slackness...that would have been the answer for me too. LOL

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.