SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm glad too your brother did what he did. Go Big or likkle bro.

Big Brother was going to petition for guardianship on me. Since I am unable to take care of myself! As soon as he sent me that email I hung up and went looking for an apartment and moved out within a week.

BTW Hubby just received the WELCOME TO US letter. He just called minutes ago. Wooooooohooooooo! :dance::dance:

Congrats on the welcome letter :dance::dance::dance:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

talking about vistor's visa, my cousin has applied several times, a few weeks ago, she went in and to her surprise she was approved for a 10-year visitor's visa just like that...funny thing is, she was in a better position financially back then than she is now. I don't know what factors they use to determine, who gets approved. Good luck JAPrincess.... she wasn't even excited because she thought she was going to be turned down again...the CO didn't even question her, she just went through her paperwork.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
tre.. i am always telling roger about u.. he say what part of trelawny u from.. i know uve said it.. i forget..

Well, mi we give u a name he'll recognize "duncans, crawle, falmouth, clarks town" but di disrict I was born in is called LOGWOOD WALK (kuntri) bush

okay.. he said falmouth.. but i was used to hearing u say duncans so i said no..its all the same thing huh LOL

no, duncans is closer to where I'm from. Falmouth is outside of St. James (Mobay) Parish - where is he from...if he knows the clock in Duncans he knows the area

okay.. i remember the sign pointing to falmouth in the streets.. he is always asking about where ppl are from and that is one thing i really don't keep up w/ well..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JAPrincess, I like the new avatar.

Thanks Nat :star:

Nobody knows about my Sister-in-law getting a visitors visa?? :crying:

Didn't one of the yardies have their brother-in-law up here recently?? :unsure:

guess I'm off to google.... :dance:

I HAVE SEARCHED WITHOUT MUCH FOR RESULTS IF YOU GET SOMETHING COULD YOU SHARE ..WE WANT HIS MOM TO BE ABLE TO COME

You can give your SIL an invitation letter that she can take with her to the interview, they will give her a three month visa for that. My cousin got one last summer to attend a wedding. You will need to send her an invitation that you get printed up also. They would just go about getting the visa by paying the fee at NCB, fulling out the application on line and calling to make the appt

THANKS THAT GREAT INFO

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Talking about abuse by weak individuals that only have strenght for the women in their life, I was a kid with a mom who went through the same thing all the time. She used to hide behind me to get away from him and he would give her black eyes because he could. But I remember when i was younger and I asked her what was she doing was finally her wake up call to realise that her little girl knew he was wrong to point it out. She they became a demon in his life cause then the shoes was on the other foot and she started to beat him

Timeline
talking about vistor's visa, my cousin has applied several times, a few weeks ago, she went in and to her surprise she was approved for a 10-year visitor's visa just like that...funny thing is, she was in a better position financially back then than she is now. I don't know what factors they use to determine, who gets approved. Good luck JAPrincess.... she wasn't even excited because she thought she was going to be turned down again...the CO didn't even question her, she just went through her paperwork.

wow...

amazing how this system works :wacko:

I hope the invitation letter will help her get approved. It would be so wonderful for him to have some sort of family here for the wedding (L)

For whatever reason I have never been able to open the DS-156 :blink: Anyone else have that problem?? :blink:

Timeline

wow...

amazing how this system works :wacko:

I hope the invitation letter will help her get approved. It would be so wonderful for him to have some sort of family here for the wedding (L)

For whatever reason I have never been able to open the DS-156 :blink: Anyone else have that problem?? :blink:

My cuz never held a job in her life and she got it. Then she recently went back and they gave her a 10 visa. She only stayed a month when she came for the wedding

Try this link

https://evisaforms.state.gov/

Timeline

congrats to ur cousin..its crazy i know how they do it, just like u and roger and all the other jamaicans say.. they give it to who they want to.. man its no rhyme or reason.. and other countries too.. my friend tried to invite her mother in law to her wedding from Nigeria and she was denied..

congrats on the welcome letter SG!!

Edited by dancehallquana

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm glad too your brother did what he did. Go Big or likkle bro.

Big Brother was going to petition for guardianship on me. Since I am unable to take care of myself! As soon as he sent me that email I hung up and went looking for an apartment and moved out within a week.

BTW Hubby just received the WELCOME TO US letter. He just called minutes ago. Wooooooohooooooo! :dance::dance:

WHOOOOHOOOOO!!! Guess he will be driving and working in no time.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Talking about abuse by weak individuals that only have strenght for the women in their life, I was a kid with a mom who went through the same thing all the time. She used to hide behind me to get away from him and he would give her black eyes because he could. But I remember when i was younger and I asked her what was she doing was finally her wake up call to realise that her little girl knew he was wrong to point it out. She they became a demon in his life cause then the shoes was on the other foot and she started to beat him

WHAT???

ells and i were just talking bout this the other day.. my mom didn't listen to us.. just kept taking up for them.. but i don't blame her.. love can make u do some CRAZY things..

Timeline

Lord I am so happy I never had to deal with abuse as a child...

The closest thing was one time I woke up and my mom was beating my Dad over the head with a broom :blink:

I remember saying "don't hit my Daddy"

They went through some rough times (even got divorced) but they re-married on their anniversary a year later :wub:

I don't know what happened that night to warrant the broom incident, but I am glad they worked it out...

I once stayed with a man who stole my car :wacko:

Man I loved that guy :whistle::blush::wacko:

Timeline

WHAT???

ells and i were just talking bout this the other day.. my mom didn't listen to us.. just kept taking up for them.. but i don't blame her.. love can make u do some CRAZY things..

Yes girl she started to beat him, she chopped him, almost burned down his house, gave him quite a few black eyes to make up for what he gave her. The crazy thing is that they stayed together and she cheated on him like there was no tomorrow. He knew but he stuck around but when I migrated her they broke up. When I asked him what caused the change of heart he said that he stayed around to make sure I had all that I needed but since I was no longer there he had no reason to stick around

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.