• MySpace
    • Facebook
    • other online social networking site, not specifically for dating
    • dating website
    • in person, by chance
    • in person, through a mutual friend
    • in person, arranged by family member
    • other
  2. 2. How long did you know each other before meeting in person?

• less than 3 months
    • between 3 and 6 months
    • between 6 months and one year
    • more than a year
  3. 3. How long from first contact until marriage?

• less than a year
    • 1 - 2 years
    • 2 - 3 years
    • more than 3 years

53 posts in this topic

That is so beautiful, thanks for sharing. Got a bit teared up actually, because you wrote it so nicely!

Thank you :)

It felt so effortless so slip into the being engaged and then getting married, I know she's the one for me, but one thing I found oddly hard and worried to bits over, was telling my mum! But she was ace over it once she picked herself back up off the floor (metaphorically speaking). I put off telling mum for abouot 4 days as I was so nervous.

USCIS & NVC

05-04-09 - Married

09-05-09 - I130 Approved (CSC)

12-09-09 - Case Completed (NVC)

01-08-10 - Approved (LND)

01-20-10 - PoE PHL

I-751

01-10-12 - Filed I-751, VT Service Center

01-17-12 - NOA1

02-08-12 - Biometrics at Alexandria, Va

10-04-12 - RFE

11-16-12 - Sent additional evidence (5.5lbs of evidence!)

12-04-12 - Approved

12-10-12 - Card arrived

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

We met at work. I knew him for a year before we started even dating. I started to really, really like him about 4 months after I met him and it just got worse and worse. I came up with elaborate schemes to get him to hang out with me (and always brought friends along so he wouldn't get suspicious) and since he only speaks Japanese I was always the only person there that he could talk to :devil: . We just got along so well from the start, we were always thinking the same things at the same time. I had never gotten along with anyone like that so quickly and completely before.

He told me that I was the person that he wanted to marry four days after we started officially dating (in his mind, in mine we weren't dating yet at that time). I told him that I wasn't sure I was ready and he said that it was okay as long as I promised that I would marry him sometime before he died. :wub: He officially proposed after we had been dating for seven months and we are going to get married soon after he gets his K-1 visa and comes home.

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-25

Contacted Congrasswoman Eshoo's Office for assistance : 2008-06-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-06-18 !!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Met at a training class we were both last minute additions to. After 4 days and nights out with the rest of the class there was a lot of chemistry between us. He and my mom convinced me to go visit him in the states. After going back and forth numerous times, all night chats (celebrating two New Year eves online together) and totally abusing the VWP by going too often and staying too long we got married 3,5 years later.

05-02-2004 Met in Östersund, Sweden
09-07-2007 Got married in Eden Gardens State Park, Santa Rosa Beach, FL

*************************************************************************************************

AOS

11-02-2007 - Filed

03-14-2008 - Green Card received

*************************************************************************************************

Lifting of Conditions

02-08-2010 - Filed

06-21-2010 - Green Card received

N-400

06-24-2017 - N-400 package sent via EFile

06-24-2017 - Payment received via credit card

07-01-2017 - Appointment notice received

07-19-2017 - Biometrics appointment in Atlanta, GA

08-04-2017 - Case updated. Interview scheduled. 

"Whither thou goest I will go, whither thou lodgest I will lodge,
Thy people shall be my people, And thy God my God." ~ Ruth 1:16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We met in a "metaverse"...lol...just love that...hahahaha, called Second Life. We found we were both interested in motorcycles, and had many other things in common. We spent a LOT of time together there. Then, about 8 months later, we both finally met in Daytona Beach, FL for Bike Week. We had an amazing 10 days, at the end of which he proposed to me...in a crowded bar....on stage...after playing guitar and singing with the house band! Since then, he has been back to the US for a visit, and at the end of August, I will have been to Holland for my second visit. We have been together a bit over 2 yrs and hope to be married in the VERY near future.

Anyone else heard of Second Life?

-Blu-(at least there are no immigration issues in SL)

Edited by Wyld Blu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

We met on a "dating" site, Single Christian Network. We were both there for the express purpose of seeking a spouse.

We met in person 6 months after meeting online.

We married exactly 26 months after meeting online.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Met online November 2003 - Cancer support group online

Met face to face July 2004 - Halifax, Nova Scotia

First "I love you" - September 2004

Engaged - September 2005

Married - July 7, 2006

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

I attended my niece's wedding last October 2007 here and my other niece told me jokingly if I want to register myself in an online site. I was 7 years separated and living happily with my 2 kids in the Philippines. I said to myself "what if I register online". My husband was there also and he is willing to meet an Asian woman, he has no idea about filipino women. He sent me a very long email and I responded. May 1 of the following year, we got married and will live happily ever after. (Parang ang tanda na namin para sa fairy tale). Good luck to all successful marriages here in VJ. Cheers to all of us!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I met via yahoo chat - Philippines chatroom 3. He said I was the 1st person he chatted with after several years of not chatting online. We both didn't have a webcam. I was skeptical that he may be just someone pretending to be someone else. But I decided to just be polite and respond to whatever he said since I was also bored that time. But the conversation went well. Since then we became daily chatmates. And the rest is history...

Since I was the 1st person he chatted with and I'm now his fiance, he said that it must really be destiny which brought us together...:luv: