-mitch-

anyone LPR who file i-130 for spouse...

2,840 posts in this topic

HELP

who was supposed to send the DS230 to NVC? The Petitioner or The Applicant?

if u think u can fill the ds-230 without mistake then u can do it...but remember to sign the part-I by the applicant..

Arassh,

thats great news...your case is moving...closer to case complete status.. goodluck to you and all of us here in VJ.. God bless you too :dance:

hi thnx for ur wish..

what do u think will it take another 3 weeks to complete after they get the original tax paper?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

if u think u can fill the ds-230 without mistake then u can do it...but remember to sign the part-I by the applicant..

hi thnx for ur wish..

what do u think will it take another 3 weeks to complete after they get the original tax paper?

Give them a week or two then make a follow up call.. hopefully by then, they wont be needing anything and that ur case will be complete after their review.. goodluck and God bless

i have another problem..i currently have a old green passport which will expire on sept 2012..my dilemna now is in DS230 they're asking for the photocopy of my passport..can i still use it?or should i have to get the new machine readable passport?

i think this might help u...

i have my own passport which has a photo when i was child,and its old too..and the expire date for my passport is nov 2011..and guess what i sent it with my doc i mean the photocopy of my passport so i m using it...

in ur way..2012 is a long time for ur passport to get expired..if u think that u can get the visa 6 month before ur passport is expired which is 2012 as u said..and as u mentioned that u are about to send ds-230 so that means if ur PD is still not current than also it wont take till 2012.u can send it happily with smiling face...

(and what did u mean by machine readable passport never heard of that)

Edited by arashh

Timeline

i have another problem..i currently have a old green passport which will expire on sept 2012..my dilemna now is in DS230 they're asking for the photocopy of my passport..can i still use it?or should i have to get the new machine readable passport?

Odne,

no problem with ur green (not the machine-readable) passport, as long as its not expired..u can send it on ur DS230.. and acccording to the DFA.. u can stiil use the old green passport as long as its not expired..and 2012 its still as good as it is.. so go ahead and send it to the NVC with the ther docs.

Timeline

is there any important instruction about sending the AOS?? which docs should be stapled together?, should be write our case# in every page? of anything that should not be done....

------USCIS-- married since March 28, 2005 - I130 filed: july 27, 2007

NOA #1: Aug 6, 2007 NOA #2: Oct. 29, 2009 - APPROVED

--NVC--December 12, 2009 - Case# generated from NVC

December 17, 2009 - hubby received his letter from NVC[/font]

April 13, 2010 - received DS-3032 via email

April 19, 2010 - sent back DS-3032 to NVC thru DHL (did not email a copy)

April 23, 2010 - DS3032 was received per operator and reviewed, received IV and AOS bill thru mail.

April 29, 2010 - paid AOS ($70) fee bill

April 30, 2010 - paid IV fee bill ($400.00 each beneficiary)

May 01, 2010 - AOS shows "PAID" in the system, printed cover sheet.

May 05, 2010 - iv bill shows "PAID"

June 24, 2010 - sent AOS via USPS/certified and prioritized

July 14, 2010 - received RFE. nvc is requesting again for Tax Transcript 2009

Sept 14, 2010 - Mailed RFE documents via usps

Sept 22, 2010 - mailed complete DS-230 via DHL

Oct 14, 2010 - received RFE about beneficiary's police clearances

Nov. 30, 2010 - sent corrected DS-230 with correct years of residency via USPS

Dec. 21, 2010 - CASE COMPLETED!!!

April 28, 2011 - interview date was set to JUNE 28, 2011 @6:30AM

June 15, 2011 - MEDICAL EXAM and will be back fri (6/17/11) for results

June 28, 2011 - Interview

July 12, 2011 - arrived at LAX - and we'll live happily ever after!

is there any important instruction about sending the AOS?? which docs should be stapled together?, should be write our case# in every page? of anything that should not be done....

Mitch, you might consider sending a cover sheet and itemize the attached documents for easy reference..ex. W2,1040EZ, pay stub and employment certificate.

Filed: Other Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi Friends (specially Chakadoll,Raymon and yna....)

I need your advice on the following issue.

I sent the I-864 on last saturday and NVC should receive by tuesday. still i didnt send my DS-230 as i am waiting for Police cleareance to recieve from Malaysia. it might take another 2 weeks time.

today, i recived an email title Checklist cover letter from NVC with following message.

MISSING DOCUMENT LIST FOR: XXXXX XXXXX

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

______IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION:__________________________________

The NVC has received information on the referenced case. However, we are still waiting for the

Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230), the Affidavit of Support form (I-864) and/or the related fees.

Please submit the forms and/or fees according to the instructions.

my question is really is this a RFE? WHAT THEY REALLY WANT ? also they sent a NEW bar code sheet to be send with the missing documents. do i need to send this bar code sheet with DS-230? I already paid the AOS/IV fee and sent the I-864.

Please give ur feedback guys..... Thank you. :no:

KURAISH.

Timeline

I sent the I-864 on last saturday and NVC should receive by tuesday. still i didnt send my DS-230 as i am waiting for Police cleareance to recieve from Malaysia. it might take another 2 weeks time.

today, i recived an email title Checklist cover letter from NVC with following message.

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

The NVC has received information on the referenced case. However, we are still waiting for the

Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230), the Affidavit of Support form (I-864) and/or the related fees.

my question is really is this a RFE? WHAT THEY REALLY WANT ? also they sent a NEW bar code sheet to be send with the missing documents. do i need to send this bar code sheet with DS-230? I already paid the AOS/IV fee and sent the I-864.

KURAISH.

Kuraish,

Hello.. I believe its an RFE.. but dont worry since your I-864 is on its way.. It happened to me too, but what I did was to call the NVC operator and verified with them my lacking documents. Btw, maybe I forgot, did it showed paid on ur payment for IV fee/AOS? Goodluck and God bless

Timeline

address provided.

KURAISH.

Timeline

address provided.

KURAISH.

And yes, when u need to respond to NVC, u use the bar code sheet with the lacking documents and be mindful of the instructions with it..like u need to write ur case number on the right upper corner of the document... and to include the letter with it and etc...

So u just need to wait till they will receive the I-864..anyway, u can always call them and verify if they got ur docs.. :thumbs:

Timeline

Mitch, you might consider sending a cover sheet and itemize the attached documents for easy reference..ex. W2,1040EZ, pay stub and employment certificate.

yes sir! hehehhe... i did that... i will be mailing this out tomorrow... but one last thing.. should i write my case# in every page though? and no special instrustions for stapling it together right??? since the whole document is a little bit thick, did you guys sent it binded with a huge paper clip? or how? coz i NVC wanted it in a very special way, then i can have it "bookbounded" hehehehheh.... just playing!

April 23, 2010 - DS3032 was received per operator and reviewed, received IV and AOS bill thru mail.

Timeline

guys, another query pls...

for my IV fee bill... my son who is already here in the US was also included in the bill that i need to pay $400.00 but i will not be paying anything for him since he's already here.... would i still get my ds-230 cover letter even though i wont be paying the other $400.00 for 1 name listed?

NVC will be sending me the cover letter after they received my AOS??? how is that work?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys... im glad were all moving, best of luck to us!!! update about my case, my hubby mailed his aos the other day, im positively hoping and praying for the result. and im still about to mail my ds230 in about two weeks time(have to wait for my passport)but its ok, atleast i still have ample time to complete all other documents.. GOODLUCK TO US!!!! :P

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys... im glad were all moving, best of luck to us!!! update about my case, my hubby mailed his aos the other day, im positively hoping and praying for the result. and im still about to mail my ds230 in about two weeks time(have to wait for my passport)but its ok, atleast i still have ample time to complete all other documents.. GOODLUCK TO US!!!! :P

hi kuraish!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.