-mitch-

anyone LPR who file i-130 for spouse...

2,840 posts in this topic

are f2a visa filers can actually make an appointment via online/9825555? coz i saw one k1 filer got a december 20 interview, can we do that also?...

The operator that I spoke to asked for a letter from the embassy that says we can go ahead and schedule the interview. I don't know what that means. I don't know if they're waiting for NVC to forward our case files to the embassy before they send us that letter that we can schedule the interview, or if we ask to be scheduled first and the embassy will request for NVC to forward our case files to them.

Aaarrrgggghhh!!!! The new process if really confusing! I don't even know whether to wait for NVC to schedule us, or when to call the new operators at the embassy. headbonk.gif

I-130

12/22/09: I-130 receipt date (Sent by lawyer to CSC)

8/20:10: Approved/NOA2

9/03/10: NVC # generated, gave e-mail adds

9/08/10: Received IV/AOS fee bill

9/09/10: Paid AOS/IV

9/13/10: Mailed completed AOS, enetered into the system on 9/14

9/19/10: Mailed completed DS-230, entered into the system on 9/22

10/13/10: CASE COMPLETE!!!

04/06/11: Case upgraded from F2A to CR-1

05/03/11: Final review completed

05/17/11: Interview date scheduled!

05/20/11: Forwarded case to USEM

06/10/11: Interview - APPROVED!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The operator that I spoke to asked for a letter from the embassy that says we can go ahead and schedule the interview. I don't know what that means. I don't know if they're waiting for NVC to forward our case files to the embassy before they send us that letter that we can schedule the interview, or if we ask to be scheduled first and the embassy will request for NVC to forward our case files to them.

Aaarrrgggghhh!!!! The new process if really confusing! I don't even know whether to wait for NVC to schedule us, or when to call the new operators at the embassy. headbonk.gif

Same here kim, It's so frustrating! :( So what do you plan to do now?... Last friday, I bought a 100 call card good for 20mins and I wasn't able to speak to a human! Ugh!

thanks crissy... no you cant just for k1 only... if im not mistaken...

really? sucks then! :(

Things worth having are worth waiting for. Go for it! Be persistent, no matter what. Keep believing. Keep the faith! ♥

thanks crissy... no you cant just for k1 only... if im not mistaken...

The embassy site says that Immigrant Visa applicants "can" schedule their interview as well. Unfortunately, those that have tried were unsuccessful.

I-130

Ok, I think I get how the "new scheduling system" applies to us. It doesn't! I just spoke to the supervisor at NVC and he told me the same thing, they don't have any information about the changes. He also says that the new system may actually not apply to our visa category, although ours is also an immigrant visa, it could be DCF, fiancee, etc. And according to the operator that I spoke to at ustraveldocs, he's implying that we need receive a go signal from the embassy to have the interviews scheduled, meaning they have to have the physical case files at the embassy before we can schedule. And when you read the announcement at the embassy's website, it says

• "Immigrant visa applicants whose appointments have not been scheduled through the National Visa Center (NVC) (i.e., immigrant visa petitions approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigrations Services Manila) may request a visa appointment..." I guess those are DCFs, and expedited cases and of course K-1s.

I hope these help clear up some of the confusions. Although, these are just my assumptions.

So.. More calls to NVC? Yes?

I-130

Timeline

Ok, I think I get how the "new scheduling system" applies to us. It doesn't! I just spoke to the supervisor at NVC and he told me the same thing, they don't have any information about the changes. He also says that the new system may actually not apply to our visa category, although ours is also an immigrant visa, it could be DCF, fiancee, etc. And according to the operator that I spoke to at ustraveldocs, he's implying that we need receive a go signal from the embassy to have the interviews scheduled, meaning they have to have the physical case files at the embassy before we can schedule. And when you read the announcement at the embassy's website, it says

• "Immigrant visa applicants whose appointments have not been scheduled through the National Visa Center (NVC) (i.e., immigrant visa petitions approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigrations Services Manila) may request a visa appointment..." I guess those are DCFs, and expedited cases and of course K-1s.

I hope these help clear up some of the confusions. Although, these are just my assumptions.

did you call the NVC yet?any schedule?i saw one member here with the case completed this dec and got an interview date for jan.so again,like before we have to wait,right?and hopefully get our naturalization cert so we can finally jump ahead of the line.

did you call the NVC yet?any schedule?i saw one member here with the case completed this dec and got an interview date for jan.so again,like before we have to wait,right?and hopefully get our naturalization cert so we can finally jump ahead of the line.

I did, nothing as of yet. I heard Manila is still scheduling December interviews for other visa categories, so I guess it will be on the 3rd week of the month before we (F2As) can get scheduled. When's your oath? Did you have your name changed?

I-130

Timeline

Thanks ms. kim for this very helpful information! Really appreciate it!

Things worth having are worth waiting for. Go for it! Be persistent, no matter what. Keep believing. Keep the faith! ♥

Thanks ms. kim for this very helpful information! Really appreciate it!

tongue.gif

I-130

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

am so happy for u lebanese girl...but I think u still need to apply for the Social security card though u said u signed him at his DS230.. dont waste anytime..go to ur nearest Social security office and apply for the card that way u can include him on ur insurance then eventually when he get his card he maybe eligible to apply for a driver's license.. Goodluck to u an be happy always..

hi LEBANESE Gurl, im sooooo happy for you... im not happy for my case but im happy and excited for you starting a new life with your husband at your side... what a great and perfect christmas gift.

------USCIS-- married since March 28, 2005 - I130 filed: july 27, 2007

NOA #1: Aug 6, 2007 NOA #2: Oct. 29, 2009 - APPROVED

--NVC--December 12, 2009 - Case# generated from NVC

December 17, 2009 - hubby received his letter from NVC[/font]

April 13, 2010 - received DS-3032 via email

April 19, 2010 - sent back DS-3032 to NVC thru DHL (did not email a copy)

April 23, 2010 - DS3032 was received per operator and reviewed, received IV and AOS bill thru mail.

April 29, 2010 - paid AOS ($70) fee bill

April 30, 2010 - paid IV fee bill ($400.00 each beneficiary)

May 01, 2010 - AOS shows "PAID" in the system, printed cover sheet.

May 05, 2010 - iv bill shows "PAID"

June 24, 2010 - sent AOS via USPS/certified and prioritized

July 14, 2010 - received RFE. nvc is requesting again for Tax Transcript 2009

Sept 14, 2010 - Mailed RFE documents via usps

Sept 22, 2010 - mailed complete DS-230 via DHL

Oct 14, 2010 - received RFE about beneficiary's police clearances

Nov. 30, 2010 - sent corrected DS-230 with correct years of residency via USPS

Dec. 21, 2010 - CASE COMPLETED!!!

April 28, 2011 - interview date was set to JUNE 28, 2011 @6:30AM

June 15, 2011 - MEDICAL EXAM and will be back fri (6/17/11) for results

June 28, 2011 - Interview

July 12, 2011 - arrived at LAX - and we'll live happily ever after!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hi LEBANESE Gurl, im sooooo happy for you... im not happy for my case but im happy and excited for you starting a new life with your husband at your side... what a great and perfect christmas gift.

Mitch i couldnt have done it if it wasnt for u..!! Cuz i was ready to give up remember u told me to never to give up and a month later the bullatin board skipped yrs and we are finally here.. Soo plz u dont give up either stay strong and us on visa journey are here for u..

Filed: Other Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi Vj Family...

my wife and our 9 month old daughter had their interview on Tuesday. I am soooooooooo sad :( they were put on the administrative review (AR).

CO was telling everything is ok except for they need to go through this AR process. CO not sure how long it will take to finish this process.

I am really sad and down. i waited for last 03 years to bring my family here. now, i don't know how long it will take to finish this process. its soooooo unfair.

what I have to do now? why they put visa applicants on this AR process? anyone had the same experience, please advice me.

thank you guys.

Timeline

Hi Vj Family...

my wife and our 9 month old daughter had their interview on Tuesday. I am soooooooooo sad :( they were put on the administrative review (AR).

CO was telling everything is ok except for they need to go through this AR process. CO not sure how long it will take to finish this process.

I am really sad and down. i waited for last 03 years to bring my family here. now, i don't know how long it will take to finish this process. its soooooo unfair.

what I have to do now? why they put visa applicants on this AR process? anyone had the same experience, please advice me.

thank you guys.

Omg, that's so sad. :( What would've been the reason behind it? Makes me nervous now when my time comes... Hope the AP will be over soon.

ohh no.. thaz horrible..

never thought they will put your family under AP unless you from country which require security clearnce..

according to you what could be reason??

have you or your wife has been remarried?

previous rejections? any other reason which comes to your mind...

I am scared now....since I have got previous work visa rejection...

F2A for husband (i.e. Me)

24 Jul 2009: PD (I-130 NOA1 Rcvd)

?? Sep 2010: NOA2 Rcvd

24 Nov 2010: NVC CASE COMPLETE

03 Apr 2012: Interview @Sydney @10AM

12 Apr 2012: Finally!!! Yes got the VISA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.