Merrillizer

"Wife" lied on visa application

69 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
:reading: im just reading...wondering when people will stop posting

its like a traffic accident in asia compared to in the US.. In the US people like to drive by slow and "just look" in asia they like to stop, get out of the car.. walk up to the accident.. ask the driver what happened... inspect the damage.. talk to a few others about it.. in some cases laugh at the one at fault....hang out a bit and enjoy the moment.. and then let it go and move on about the business of the day...

many here are still talking about the wreck... and tryng to figure out who was really at fault and was the damage as bad as the one individual claims... some are laughing...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Verbal attacks and insults are a violation of TOS and have been removed. Continuation of such behaviour will lead to this thread being closed.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
:reading: im just reading...wondering when people will stop posting

its like a traffic accident in asia compared to in the US.. In the US people like to drive by slow and "just look" in asia they like to stop, get out of the car.. walk up to the accident.. ask the driver what happened... inspect the damage.. talk to a few others about it.. in some cases laugh at the one at fault....hang out a bit and enjoy the moment.. and then let it go and move on about the business of the day...

many here are still talking about the wreck... and tryng to figure out who was really at fault and was the damage as bad as the one individual claims... some are laughing...

in china the bystanders feel they have a right to declare the value of the damage and to force the party at fault to pay up on the spot. thankfully, the labour costs are so low in china that car repairs are generally cheap.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I want the rest of the story.....and I'm not apologizing either. I started reading on the original thread and this is better than the book I've been reading. I NEED to know what happens next!

ADDICT :rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I want the rest of the story.....and I'm not apologizing either. I started reading on the original thread and this is better than the book I've been reading. I NEED to know what happens next!

ADDICT :rofl:

Me too as I pop in to see what the next stage will be, it is like a soap opera jeezzz

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

First, there's no way she got a J-1 Visa without a sponsor to provide a DS-2019. Second, you don't have to be a student to get one, since it covers academic exchange and post-graduate work, among other things. If she had just finished University, there is no fraud in saying that she was a student, lots of people go to school more than once, and lots of people call themselves "students" in that situation. She may not have thought she should get a J-1, but apparently her American sponsor and the embassy in Bucharesti thought she should.

This is correct - SOMEONE in the US sponsored her DS-2019 and you do not have to be a student to get this visa. My husband came on a J1 to do postdoctoral research at a research institution. It's actually not a "lucky" visa type to get because it has to be continually reapproved and many types carry the two-year residency rule.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
First, there's no way she got a J-1 Visa without a sponsor to provide a DS-2019. Second, you don't have to be a student to get one, since it covers academic exchange and post-graduate work, among other things. If she had just finished University, there is no fraud in saying that she was a student, lots of people go to school more than once, and lots of people call themselves "students" in that situation. She may not have thought she should get a J-1, but apparently her American sponsor and the embassy in Bucharesti thought she should.

This is correct - SOMEONE in the US sponsored her DS-2019 and you do not have to be a student to get this visa. My husband came on a J1 to do postdoctoral research at a research institution. It's actually not a "lucky" visa type to get because it has to be continually reapproved and many types carry the two-year residency rule.

Legally, you are correct, but this is more like an unspoken rule in Eastern European countries because they come ONLY for the summer to participate on a program called "Work and Travel." Therefore, COs want to make sure that they are still studying, and therefore do not intend to stay in the USA after the summer. That is why people who are not students (and people who do not speak English relatively well) are usually denied this visa.

Filed: Other Timeline

Since this story has two sides and we know only one here, I am guessing--as anybody else does--on the real story. Just for entertainment, here's my take.

Still wife wanted to come to the US. She applied for a student visa and--just after graduating the University at home--finally got approved. She came to the US, legally, met husband, and got married after only 2 months. That's a red flag, people. I know there's such a thing as love at first sight (even Britney Spears married this way in Las Vegas), but I'm in doubt if that was the case here.

Couple got married too early. Marriage fails. Husband is bitter, tries to find a way to end marriage and hurt wife any way possible. Feels the student visa may fit the bill. Don't know if I'm off track, but I don't think by much.

Blame? Husband for marrying too early. Wife? Perhaps, if she didn't enter marriage in good faith. But who's the judge to that?

I always read about people who are sooooo in love and want to move to the loved-one, and get married right away. Marriage is a very serious step. I can truly say that when I first saw my wife, I was totally mesmerized. I really wanted to get to know here. Took me weeks to ask her out on a date. Two years until she moved in with me. Another year until I proposed. One more year until we got married. And over a year thereafter until I applied for AOS. With some people it may get faster, but 2 months? Hmmm . . .

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

:reading::pop:

And these are the days of our lives :o

Join us next time for...........

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

this guy is totally just asking for pity and everyone else's sympathy and if he gets bitter comments, he lashes at them... definitely entertaining;

as i said back in his other thread, he loves to play "victim"; it's not really nice to keep reading about the "poor-me-sob story"

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
this guy is totally just asking for pity and everyone else's sympathy and if he gets bitter comments, he lashes at them... definitely entertaining;

as i said back in his other thread, he loves to play "victim"; it's not really nice to keep reading about the "poor-me-sob story"

I read somewhere in the Internet the following comment (I am only transcribing, so don't blame me). It was written while they were still married and "happy together":

"S?????....I tagged you in some photos! It was great meeting you! Good luck DEALING with my insane Uncle! Hopefully I will see you soon!"

Once again, I had nothing to do with it (I only removed her name). I am just showing what makes me think what I have written so far about this topic. :devil:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I read somewhere in the Internet the following comment (I am only transcribing, so don't blame me). It was written while they were still married and "happy together":

"S?????....I tagged you in some photos! It was great meeting you! Good luck DEALING with my insane Uncle! Hopefully I will see you soon!"

Once again, I had nothing to do with it (I only removed her name). I am just showing what makes me think what I have written so far about this topic. :devil:

Haha, I saw that comment in its original setting too :)

I agree, two months is... nutty, to say the least.

:pop:

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.