Merrillizer

"Wife" lied on visa application

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline

More deception from my "wife" has been brought to our attention. She entered the U.S. on a J-1 Visa on June 25th, 2008. She had claimed to be a Student, but had already graduated University in Iasi, Romania. I met her on July 17th, 2008. Throughout our relationship and eventual marriage here, she stated to me on multiple occasions that she was "so lucky" to have gotten the J-1 because she was not a student. My ignorance of Visa's and how they worked (I have only traveled to Canada, didnt need a passport etc, never been to Europe etc.) made me think nothing of it. She said on numerous occasions that she was technically not supposed to be here or get the J-1.

What are the penalties for such fraud as making false claims on the visa application? She also stated on all AOS forms we filed (which I ultimately withdrew) that she was a Student, and entered the U.S. as a Student, which was deceptive.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penalties for Passport and Visa Fraud

Passport and visa fraud are federal felonies. Penalties are:

· 10 years (for a first offense if not tied to terrorism or drug trafficking)

· 15 years for fraud with other criminal links

· 20 years for fraud related to drug trafficking

· 25 years for fraud related to international terrorism

http://www.state.gov/m/ds/investigat/c10714.htm

I feel bad for what happened to you, but ONLY GOD will give you the peace and the answer you are looking for. FORGIVENESS

Please try to let it go, it will be better for your health and will help you heal better, back when she was with you and both of you being happy, I doubt you felt her visa or the fact you got to share some times together, if it wasn't an issued then, so i shouldn't be one now, give the girl a break, You might feel a HIGH from keeping talking bad about your EX WIFE, she's your EX now as IN THE PAST.

Everybody knows what she did to you WAS WRONG, but only God can judge her for her actions and I do beleive in Karma what goes around, comes around, one day she will pay for it. You have done what you can on your side by reporting her, so she may not be able to do it to another person, with that said, try to move on with your life and FORGET ABOUT HER.

But instead of sympathy people will look at you at an angry, vindictive person, Is that the image you want to portray of yourself, IF you have kids is that the attitude you would like to teach them.

Please, Please and Please again get a Counselor if you are unable to deal with this pain by yourself, talk to a dear friend, someone who really cares about you, who's not going to say yes yes yes, just so you can feel nice.

I hope in due time you will see things in perspective and learned from it, and like they say what doesn't kill you, only make you stronger. Please take care of yourself

God Bless!!

Edited by Nikita2Charles

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline
Goodness! You just won't let go, will you? Seriously Merrilizer; why not concentrate on getting your life back together instead of placing so much effort and energy cultivating more sour grapes dude?

Ummm, let's see...maybe because I am involved in an annulment process, and my attorney is requesting info from me and documents from my "wife"? That could be why.....

If you don't have anything pertinent to add or answers to the original question, why bother posting in the thread? Oh thats right, because you just cant resist posting your off-topic banter and useless opinions. :wacko:

Thank you Otto und Karin for the PERTINENT info. Good post.

Edited by Merrillizer

Goodness! You just won't let go, will you? Seriously Merrilizer; why not concentrate on getting your life back together instead of placing so much effort and energy cultivating more sour grapes dude?

Perhaps he doesn't want to be held to the affidavit of support (hanging over you like a sword)?

If he can prove fraud (from the beginning), that would invalidate the affidavit. (so says a lawyer)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline
More deception from my "wife" has been brought to our attention. She entered the U.S. on a J-1 Visa on June 25th, 2008. She had claimed to be a Student, but had already graduated University in Iasi, Romania. I met her on July 17th, 2008. Throughout our relationship and eventual marriage here, she stated to me on multiple occasions that she was "so lucky" to have gotten the J-1 because she was not a student. My ignorance of Visa's and how they worked (I have only traveled to Canada, didnt need a passport etc, never been to Europe etc.) made me think nothing of it. She said on numerous occasions that she was technically not supposed to be here or get the J-1.

What are the penalties for such fraud as making false claims on the visa application? She also stated on all AOS forms we filed (which I ultimately withdrew) that she was a Student, and entered the U.S. as a Student, which was deceptive.

First, there's no way she got a J-1 Visa without a sponsor to provide a DS-2019. Second, you don't have to be a student to get one, since it covers academic exchange and post-graduate work, among other things. If she had just finished University, there is no fraud in saying that she was a student, lots of people go to school more than once, and lots of people call themselves "students" in that situation. She may not have thought she should get a J-1, but apparently her American sponsor and the embassy in Bucharesti thought she should.

Drop it.

Hmm, sour grapes hater? Try 'em some time. They're masarap. :dance:

Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Country: Austria
Timeline
Everybody knows what she did to you WAS WRONG, but only God can judge her for her actions and I do beleive in Karma what goes around, comes around, one day she will pay for it. You have done what you can on your side by reporting her, so she may not be able to do it to another person, with that said, try to move on with your life and FORGET ABOUT HER.

I couldn't agree more!

Merrillizer, you let this thing get out of hand! Please, for your own health's sake - move on with your life and let go of her!

Filed: Timeline

Ummm, let's see...maybe because I am involved in an annulment process, and my attorney is requesting info from me and documents from my "wife"? That could be why.....

If you don't have anything pertinent to add or answers to the original question, why bother posting in the thread? Oh thats right, because you just cant resist posting your off-topic banter and useless opinions. :wacko:

Relax dude - I was thinking of how much more time you will have your life on hold --. Seriously. And I can post wherever I want - if you plaster your private life online, don't expect to get everyone to blow unicorns and rainbows up your youknowwkat. Don't like it? put me on ignore ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:unsure: Ok......

so what is the point in continually posting your issues with her here on the internet. I think the people on here already know that you think she's a liar.

They also know that the sun is still going to rise tomorrow too......

Just my pertinent bit of info. :whistle:

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Everybody knows what she did to you WAS WRONG, but only God can judge her for her actions and I do beleive in Karma what goes around, comes around, one day she will pay for it.

Just a question: How come are you so sure that SHE did something wrong?

I believe that WE (the crowd) will never know for sure...

Why couldn't this be as simple as two people who should have never been married to each other? :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

As stated before and before that. There are 2 sides to every story. You can also read up on how often the I-864 is placed in effect. Seriously you are going to make your self sick. Get over it already...........

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.