Krikit

Removing Conditions

1,189 posts in this topic

Hi NArocks :)

@ Len - Not moving at this moment in time, but we've been debating having to leave this area. We live in a rural area and there is no work for hubby (he's a carpenter). He's been unemployed for a while now and has kept busy by bartering for services, but we need actual money!!! We've thought about moving to a more urban area where there will be more demand for services (not here where every construction company has laid off, plus several mills have closed). However, I love my job and we really do like the area soooo .... we're kind of in a holding pattern. I applied for some jobs in CT, went on one interview, only to be told that the position was likely to be eliminated from the budget .... and have received other emails telling me that budget cuts have eliminated those positions too. But, just in case we do end up moving, I decided to get rid of a lot of stuff now so am throwing a ginormous yard sale. I didn't realize how much ####### I have accumulated over the years ... hence the chaotic house :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Krikit, they're saving the best for last . . . (that's what I always told myself during our various waits, at any rate)

From a MOD to a MOD :rofl:

Krikit I bet you get your approval email minutes before the rest :P

( Len ya know I still luv's ya ) bit we have a sister in pain for no NOA

Amanda WOOHOO :dance:

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

oh sister, I hear you about the job search. It is no better in big cities like Seattle; believe me. Sad state of affairs. :(

I know! Normally, I feel pretty confident in my ability to get a good job (I've been practicing for 11 years now, am licensed where I am and can get a license in any state) .... but with the current state of affairs, not at all feeling secure.

What is so fricking ironic about this is that when we first started debating which country to live in, I had just received a clinical journal and there was an ad looking for clinical social workers in Vancouver. And this was in an American journal. So, we debated things and really thought about me moving there, but ultimately decided for hubby to move here. So, he left the best job he has ever had, where he worked in a supervisory capacity and had room for promotion, to come work for a company he hated and was absolutely miserable at, then got laid off!!! Argh! I keep trying to remind myself that things happen for a reason and try not to fall into the spiral of "What ifs" .... but some moments I slip.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Timeline

h, I know that tune only so good. In Edmonton, I was on faculty with a community college. Not too shabby salary, perks, awesome colleagues; etc. Then of course we thought that my area would be well received in UW since they have a long tradition of doing anti-racist education and inter-disciplinarity in faculty development so here we come. Bleh. The economy goes to sh1ts and so does the UW budget for both areas. :(

So I hear you about the what ifs. We had no clue the ####### was going to hit the fan. That goes to show you... education is NOT everything (insert big huge insulting rant and bad words here kthxbai).

From Carlas siggy wez sry :(

Removal of Conditions

6-11-09 Package sent to CSC

6-13-09 Package delivered to CSC

6-15-09 NOA1 Receipt date

7-27-09 Biometrics Appointment

Thanks for the reminder! I had mentioned it earlier, but maybe it was forgotten. :yes:

carlahmsb4.gif

Ugh. Like Len says, Autumn, don't beat yourself up too hard. So many of us would have done things differently if we'd known then what we know now. Sometimes hindsight sux. But it definitely helps us learn and grow.

Wonder if I'll get my NOA today? And, guys, not to worry. I honestly don't care about the process this time around. I can come and go as I please, now, and I've got a greencard. Nothing to be stressed about. :)

But I am having fun with the competition! :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

we aim to please :)

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
oh sister, I hear you about the job search. It is no better in big cities like Seattle; believe me. Sad state of affairs. :(

State jobs haven't fared well either. I was on pins and needles while many fellow educators were getting the axe all around me. Then, when I was "welcomed back" for next year I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief. That didn't last long however. Hubby has a state job...and he was laid off FT and offered PT work until March 2010. So now I'm back to worrying...fretting...and nail biting. Jobs are so freakin' hard to find anywhere and especially in these rural areas. GAH!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

State jobs haven't fared well either. I was on pins and needles while many fellow educators were getting the axe all around me. Then, when I was "welcomed back" for next year I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief. That didn't last long however. Hubby has a state job...and he was laid off FT and offered PT work until March 2010. So now I'm back to worrying...fretting...and nail biting. Jobs are so freakin' hard to find anywhere and especially in these rural areas. GAH!

Wow that sucks. All our unions reached tentative deals with salary freezes and furlough days to not have lay offs in NJ. I'm a state worker as well.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Wow that sucks. All our unions reached tentative deals with salary freezes and furlough days to not have lay offs in NJ. I'm a state worker as well.

Our public school education budget was cut by $247 MILLION dollars...so the only "way" counties could figure out to make up the shortfall was by laying off teachers and paras. UM...hello...the lowest paid personnel on the proverbial totem pole? Doesn't make sense.

Hubby works for the Georgia DNR at one of the most successful lodge parks in the state. State park budgets were cut so bad that they are now having a third wave of personnel cuts...this time managers. Joel got cut the second time around...no warning, just came to work one day and it was "Uh, we hate to inform you but....."

Why oh why is always the lowest paid that goes first? Sigh.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

It svcks indeed.- salary freezes, hiring freezes... I hate it. And then of course we all have to fork our 545 for the ROC. :hehe:

Timeline

It svcks indeed.- salary freezes, hiring freezes... I hate it. And then of course we all have to fork our 545 for the ROC. :hehe:

yeah, that came out of our tax refund...thank the gods...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our public school education budget was cut by $247 MILLION dollars...so the only "way" counties could figure out to make up the shortfall was by laying off teachers and paras. UM...hello...the lowest paid personnel on the proverbial totem pole? Doesn't make sense.

Hubby works for the Georgia DNR at one of the most successful lodge parks in the state. State park budgets were cut so bad that they are now having a third wave of personnel cuts...this time managers. Joel got cut the second time around...no warning, just came to work one day and it was "Uh, we hate to inform you but....."

Why oh why is always the lowest paid that goes first? Sigh.

Well in our state, teachers can be one of the highest state wage earners actually. They don't start at $25,000.00 like they do it a lot of other places. The teacher's union is also the most powerful union in New Jersey because we have so many school districts. (almost 600 and we have a very tiny state) so they basically get what they want. Teachers weren't asked to do salary freezes or furloughs I'm afraid.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.