k32005

Need Some Advice...

61 posts in this topic

I agree with Douglas, bcz i send my wife over $1500.00 or more a month to philippines. i never ask her any question what she does with money but i know she helps her family with each penny she has. I make enough so i dont mind sending her money, bcz we are family now. abby n sheryl

And your family is bigger everyday. :devil:

sucker.jpg

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbs:

....for that kind of money...I am moving to RP now ....... LOL

Just joking.....

and i can we can party everynight Bro :whistle:

I agree with Douglas, bcz i send my wife over $1500.00 or more a month to philippines. i never ask her any question what she does with money but i know she helps her family with each penny she has. I make enough so i dont mind sending her money, bcz we are family now. abby n sheryl

sucker.jpg

Lakas nang hangin Marie kapit ka sa ilong ni manong Bill :devil:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

you have such a big heart! and a bigger wallet :lol:

It's such a blessing that my family doesn't need any financial help, hubby won't have a problem with our side of the family, however, from his side lies the problem (he's a filipino USC), his relatives in the province seem to think he vacuums money off the carpet :lol:

:thumbs:

....for that kind of money...I am moving to RP now ....... LOL

Just joking.....

and i can we can party everynight Bro :whistle:

sucker.jpg

Lakas nang hangin Marie kapit ka sa ilong ni manong Bill :devil:

Yeah. Nakakapit na nga ako sa waist band ng pantalon niya. Sobra lakas hangin dito eh! :no:

Hokey Smoke!

Before I got here in the US, I knew that I'm gonna be facing this kind of issue coz both of my parents doesn't have a job but they own a small food business. Me and then-fiance talked about it and we set the rules. He first showed me how much is he spending for the bills and everything so that I'll have an idea since in the Philippines, most of us have this mentality that once you're earning dollars, we'll start to get rich :lol::bonk: So after setting rules with hubby, I talked to my parents about it and let them understand the situation. I told them that we will help them and we'll try to send money as much as we can but they also need to realize that yes we are earning dollars but we're also spending dollars so that they would know life is not as easy as what they think it is in the US.

It wasn't easy coz at first my parents misunderstood me. They thought I'm being selfish until I got here and told them about (almost) our everyday living such as the prices of the food here, the utility bills payment we had and everything like that. It helped them realized it when it took me awhile to apply for my AOS coz we still need to save $1610 (me and my son) to do so. Now they know the situation, so they don't ask me for money anymore. They just wait if we have extra money to send to them. But of course, we send money in case of emergencies.

Now, for your situation. First you need to talk to your wife and like what everyone said here, set rules with her. Give her enough responsibilities in handling the money like having her pay the bills (of course from y'alls money), do the grocery shopping or just simply setting the budget. You should both know how much you can spend for everything every month or every paycheck (ie $1000 bills, $300 grocery, $200 personal pleasure, $100 savings account). Then whatever extra you have, you can split it in half and spend it however you want. Also, ask your wife that she talked to her family and let them understand the situation coz maybe your wife is spoiling them too much. It may be hard for her but her family needs to know the reality.

In short, don't let her get out of the way coz it's your married life is at stake.

Feb 07 - met my Dream Guy

Jun 08 - arrived in the US

Jul 08 - ♥♥♥ WEDDING DAY ♥♥♥

Jul 09 - Temp GC received

Mar 12 - 10 yr GC received

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

nakakalula :wacko:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

TRANSLATION...PLEASE :devil:

Nakakalula means sinking feeling, butterflies in your stomach like the floor has dropped out from underneath you, no escape, situation futile.

http://www.tagalog-dictionary.com/index.htm

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nakakalula means sinking feeling, butterflies in your stomach like the floor has dropped out from underneath you, no escape, situation futile.

:star:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Filed: Timeline

:star:

Thanks.....I had that kind of feeling when was trying to translate by myself :devil:

"

This website is unavailable at the moment :wacko:

"

Yeah. Nakakapit na nga ako sa waist band ng pantalon niya. Sobra lakas hangin dito eh! :no:

malaglag yan ah!!hahahahahaha :rofl::rofl:

Nakakaloka talaga!!! :devil:

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

The more your wife send $$$, the more her family ask for more and there will be no stopping for it. And there are many suckers in the PI especially the neighbors and relatives who did nothing but make rumors.

Before I got here in the US, I told my mom that whatever amount I send will be it. No more, no less coz I also have to think and take care of my family here first. Good thing my mom understand it.

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

:devil:

"Our Wedding Prayer"

:devil:

You are so HELPFUL :devil:

:P

Thought you didn't noticed :devil:

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.