Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey gals! Life has seemed to place another obstacle on our path. Hubby's insurance isn't letting me on because I am apparently still covered for Medicaid in Chicago. I called up my caseworker there and he said the cancellation will take effect in March, which is too late to be added to hubby's. Now I have to go back to Chicago for the rest of my prenatal care. I cried my eyes out before I accepted that this is life. I am so bummed to think that hubby might not be at the birth. We made plans about me calling him as soon as I felt something so he could fly out but life is so unpredictable. He hasn't been working here that long in order to get any sort of PTO but his boss is being supersweet and assuring me that he is free to fly out anytime. It still bums me out...but what can I do? Luckily the upside is that I will have my family to take care of me there for a little while after the birth.

The baby has dropped down into my pelvis and sitting down is sooooo uncomfy. I am getting aches and pains and complaining all about it any chance I get to whomever will listen...hehe...Good luck to all of you ladies who are nearing your due date. Oh let me add to the tying tubes "debate". Amera, don't do it. You are too young. My Aunt had hers tied by some idiot doctor and now she is going through all of these complications. Now every doctor she goes to says that she was too young to have the procedure done and that the doctor who performed it shouldn't have done it and should have stressed the risks of it. I don't want another one for a long time after this one and I am looking into the different forms of birth control. The pill and patch didn't work for me...really messed me up emotionally so I think I will go for the IUD.

I'm off for now. I will keep you all in my thoughts and hope to be on here again real soon with some good news.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amera, I've been wanting to reply to this for the last week and kept forgetting.

Have you heard about the little "hormon stick" birth control?

Implanon I think it is called- it seems to be fairly new to the US but has been around in Germany for a couple of years.

It's good for three years and seems to work fine- I know a couple of girls here in Germany that are very happy with it and one who isn't...

Or did you want to go without hormones (which I could very well understand)?

Just a thought-

good luck on all the pregnancies!

short history:

2001 - met in Germany

April 2003 - fell in love

Aug 2004 - go to the US for internship

Feb 2005 - both return to Germany

Aug 2006 - getting married

DCF timeline:

09/01/2006 - filed the petition in Frankfurt

09/06/2006 - medical in Frankfurt

09/26/2006 - faxed checklist

10/05/2006 - received interview invite

11/01/2006 - INTERVIEW in Frankfurt - approved!

11/04/2006 - VISA IN HAND!!

12/21/2006 - POE San Francisco and ON TO SEA!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Sophyie: You just got me all excited when I saw your name in this thread. Oh boy...let us know if there are any news ok? :yes::yes:

@Nizzy: I am sorry to hear that you had to leave your husband again just because the insurance doesn't really cooperate with you. I wish you all the best and hope you husband can make it to the hospital in time to see your little one being born.

@Keltic: Oh no, sorry to hear about your gestational diabetis. I hope that something as easy as eating different will help you.

@Irisheyes: I can totally relate to the swelling thing going on. It's not my ankles but my hands that really bother me. Well, we're getting pretty close to the EDD so hopefully it'll be over soon.

As for me and Peanut. We are still going strong and he doesn't really show any signs that he wants to come out (except for kicking my belly, don't know if he's trying to get through there or what). He didn't drop yet but I do have pains in my pelvis and earlier I had a braxton hicks contraction and it felt like he was going to fall out of me and I caught myself waddeling around. That was the only time though, that it felt like this. Nothing different since then. Sitting is not uncomfortable or anything. I was at the doctors on Friday and they measured his heartbeat (144bpm), my blood pressure - which was on the high side of being normal - and I did the GBS Test (I did it myself with some kind of a Q-tip and they just told me how to do it). I thought that was weird but apparently they always do it like that. I asked if they are going to check my cervix but NAH...they didn't wanna mess with it since it seems like a healthy perfect pregnancy. My next appointment is on February 9th and then I can insist on having my cervix checked since I'll be 38 weeks along then. We'll see.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Nizzy--Sorry to hear about your insurance situation. Will your husband be able to be in Chicago when the baby is born for some amount of time? I;m glad you will have your family there anyway.

I had my 30 week ultrasound yesterday and these little twins are doing well. They estimated their weights at 3 lbs. 4 ounces and about 4 lbs. It's hard to believe I'm 30 weeks and already carrying 7 lbs of baby with me! My OB said that my pregnancy is progressing 'beautifully' and she predicts I'll make it to 36 weeks. I hope she's right--37 weeks would be even better. I'm sure I'll be very uncomfortable, but I want these babies to have the best start they can.

Kristi

Kristi and Seung-ho (U.S. / S. Korea)

.png

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

That's great news Kristi.....I can't even imagine carrying twins.....I'm having trouble with carrying the one I have, LOL. Hopefully they stay in there long enough for a healthy birth! It's a worry even in a single pregnancy.

I spent 2 days in the hospital during the week. My blood pressure will not stay stable and it was sky high when I went to see my Dr on Tue, so they admitted me right away saying "We need to deliver this baby!" There was such a panic, I was in a state. As it turns out, they evaluated me for 48 hours and decided to send me home on Thur. My BP was ok and the protein in my 24hr urine sample was at 275, their cutoff is 300 for delivery I guess! I was sooo frustrated I could only cry!

I wish they wouldn't do that. They went off one high reading in the office, scared the ####### out of me and my husband, he came rushing home from work, only to tell me, "yeah we're going to wait another week or so to see what happens!" I know they are being cautious, but was all the panic really necessary?

I go back on Monday for a checkup and we'll see what happens....I almost wish they would have delivered, but the doc said my cervix wasn't favorable yet so I guess that's why they were reluctant, to avoid a section! Oh well, it shouldn't be too much longer either way. I can't see them allowing me to go over 40 weeks with the BP up and down like that. Let's hope at least! ;)

Oh BTW, we bought our travel system last week, an Evenflo Journey. It's pretty and at a really good price. My husband was out last night and picked up the Consumer Report magazine and there was our car seat in all it's glory.....It DOESN"T meet Federal Standards!!!!! It failed every crash test they put it through and the pictures made me nauseous! I'm so disgusted at Evenflo, I swear I'll never buy so much as a bottle of theirs! Needless to say, we are making a trip back to Sears today for a refund! The magazine said they are URGING the officials to do a total recall on this product, so if any of you haven't bought yet, avoid Evenflo like the plague! I can't even believe they would sell a product in this day and age that doesn't meet safety standards.....It never even occured to us at the time.

Anyway that was our exciting week, hope you are all doing well and are relatively comfy! :lol: Take care girls!

AOS

05/26/05: Sent I-485/I-130 & I-765 to Chicago lockbox.

05/27/05: Paperwork received by Douglas!

06/17/05: Check hit bank account.

06/20/05: All 3 NOA's rec'vd! TG!

08/02/05: Biometrics , New Orleans. Pretty uneventful.

08/09/05: EAD Approved!

07/12/06: ......still.........waiting.........

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

10/23/06: Interview finally scheduled for 12/14/06.

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

01/17/07: Biometrics scheduled.

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

My little angel, Rachel Erin...born 02/15/07

IM000979.jpg

Hi everyone!!!

Glad to see everyone is ok, that must have been kinda scary for you Irisheyes, at least it wasn't as bad as they thought.

Nizzy and Eveline - you guys are getting sooooo close!!! I bet you can't wait!!

As for me, I've been working alot but I feel great (if not a little tired sometimes), I'm definatly showing now..... I look like I've swallowed a soccer ball!!! So far not having any problems with anything so fingers crossed. I can feel him all the time now which I love, he's quite the mover already - he enjoys stomping on the bladder thats for sure!!!

We've been buying lots of things for him as we go along, we got his stoller - I didn't opt for the travel system style I went more European......its sooo nice, I really wanna push it around all the time like some crazy person :whistle::blush: but I'm resisiting!! So the spare room is getting pretty full!!

Anyway stay well everyone!!

Sam

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

That's great news Kristi.....I can't even imagine carrying twins.....I'm having trouble with carrying the one I have, LOL. Hopefully they stay in there long enough for a healthy birth! It's a worry even in a single pregnancy.

I spent 2 days in the hospital during the week. My blood pressure will not stay stable and it was sky high when I went to see my Dr on Tue, so they admitted me right away saying "We need to deliver this baby!" There was such a panic, I was in a state. As it turns out, they evaluated me for 48 hours and decided to send me home on Thur. My BP was ok and the protein in my 24hr urine sample was at 275, their cutoff is 300 for delivery I guess! I was sooo frustrated I could only cry!

I wish they wouldn't do that. They went off one high reading in the office, scared the ####### out of me and my husband, he came rushing home from work, only to tell me, "yeah we're going to wait another week or so to see what happens!" I know they are being cautious, but was all the panic really necessary?

I go back on Monday for a checkup and we'll see what happens....I almost wish they would have delivered, but the doc said my cervix wasn't favorable yet so I guess that's why they were reluctant, to avoid a section! Oh well, it shouldn't be too much longer either way. I can't see them allowing me to go over 40 weeks with the BP up and down like that. Let's hope at least! ;)

Oh BTW, we bought our travel system last week, an Evenflo Journey. It's pretty and at a really good price. My husband was out last night and picked up the Consumer Report magazine and there was our car seat in all it's glory.....It DOESN"T meet Federal Standards!!!!! It failed every crash test they put it through and the pictures made me nauseous! I'm so disgusted at Evenflo, I swear I'll never buy so much as a bottle of theirs! Needless to say, we are making a trip back to Sears today for a refund! The magazine said they are URGING the officials to do a total recall on this product, so if any of you haven't bought yet, avoid Evenflo like the plague! I can't even believe they would sell a product in this day and age that doesn't meet safety standards.....It never even occured to us at the time.

Anyway that was our exciting week, hope you are all doing well and are relatively comfy! :lol: Take care girls!

i know its frustrating to worry like that, but if they hadnt jumped on it and something WAS wrong, then you would be even more worried and upset... try to look at the fact that you and your baby are still healthy and doing well... and most women (even without BP issues) are induced before 41 wks if they havent gone into labor on their own... not much longer... hang in there!!

and, just to ease your worries about your carseat:

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/safety/20...mer_report.html

January 18, 2007

Consumer Reports withdraws infant car seat report

Move is made pending additional testing now underway

NEW YORK (Jan. 18) -- Consumer Reports is withdrawing its recent report on infant car seats pending further tests of the performance of those seats in side-impact collisions.

A new report will be published with any necessary revisions as soon as possible after the new tests are complete.

We withdrew the report immediately upon discovering a substantive issue that may have affected the original test results. The issue came to light based on new information received Tuesday night and Wednesday morning from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) concerning the speed at which our side-impact tests were conducted.

The original study, published in the February issue of Consumer Reports, was aimed at discovering how infant seats performed in tests at speeds that match those used in the government’s New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). This program tests most new vehicles in crashes at speeds of 35 mph for frontal impact and 38 mph for side impact. Child safety seats, in contrast, are currently tested only in front-impact crashes at speeds of 30 mph.

Our tests were intended to simulate side crashes at the NCAP speed of 38 mph. The new information raises a question about whether the tests accurately simulated that speed, however, so we are now reviewing our tests and the resulting article.

To those who may have seen the report earlier in print, on the Web, or in broadcasts, we urge you to remember that use of any child seat is safer than no child seat, but to suspend judgment on the merits of individual products until the new testing has been completed and the report re-published.

We appreciate that manufacturers and particularly NHTSA are engaging directly with us on this article, and we applaud NHTSA for giving serious consideration to development of side-impact child seat tests. Consumer Reports has long advocated adoption of such tests, since government data shows that side crashes account for a significant number of child fatalities.

We look forward to re-issuing guidance on child-seat safety as soon as possible.

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

@Sophyie: You just got me all excited when I saw your name in this thread. Oh boy...let us know if there are any news ok? :yes::yes:

@Nizzy: I am sorry to hear that you had to leave your husband again just because the insurance doesn't really cooperate with you. I wish you all the best and hope you husband can make it to the hospital in time to see your little one being born.

@Keltic: Oh no, sorry to hear about your gestational diabetis. I hope that something as easy as eating different will help you.

@Irisheyes: I can totally relate to the swelling thing going on. It's not my ankles but my hands that really bother me. Well, we're getting pretty close to the EDD so hopefully it'll be over soon.

As for me and Peanut. We are still going strong and he doesn't really show any signs that he wants to come out (except for kicking my belly, don't know if he's trying to get through there or what). He didn't drop yet but I do have pains in my pelvis and earlier I had a braxton hicks contraction and it felt like he was going to fall out of me and I caught myself waddeling around. That was the only time though, that it felt like this. Nothing different since then. Sitting is not uncomfortable or anything. I was at the doctors on Friday and they measured his heartbeat (144bpm), my blood pressure - which was on the high side of being normal - and I did the GBS Test (I did it myself with some kind of a Q-tip and they just told me how to do it). I thought that was weird but apparently they always do it like that. I asked if they are going to check my cervix but NAH...they didn't wanna mess with it since it seems like a healthy perfect pregnancy. My next appointment is on February 9th and then I can insist on having my cervix checked since I'll be 38 weeks along then. We'll see.

thank you, eveline... i just got my glucometer on friday night, but have been following the diet strictly since wed (and just trying to watch carb intake since i found out to begin with)... so far, my sugars have still been high, but not as high as they were... i have an appt with a visiting nurse today who will come out and check on me (exam and reviewing the blood sugars)... maybe she can give me some suggestions to tweak the diet to help get my sugars lower...

on the brighter side of it, my sweet hubby is trying to follow the diet with me to make it easier for me to stick to... hes really such a loving man... it makes all this easier to deal with

ive not heard of anyone checking their own GBS before! did they tell you the results? even if it is positive, it will just mean that you would get some antibx during labor... the only reason to worry with it at all is if you are ruptured for too long (>18hrs) or if you spike a fever (>100.6 F)... then they will want to watch the baby to make sure that no infection was transferred to him...

good luck with your next appt... maybe they will check you then and find some progress :)

tony_1.gif

Hey gals! Life has seemed to place another obstacle on our path. Hubby's insurance isn't letting me on because I am apparently still covered for Medicaid in Chicago. I called up my caseworker there and he said the cancellation will take effect in March, which is too late to be added to hubby's. Now I have to go back to Chicago for the rest of my prenatal care. I cried my eyes out before I accepted that this is life. I am so bummed to think that hubby might not be at the birth. We made plans about me calling him as soon as I felt something so he could fly out but life is so unpredictable. He hasn't been working here that long in order to get any sort of PTO but his boss is being supersweet and assuring me that he is free to fly out anytime. It still bums me out...but what can I do? Luckily the upside is that I will have my family to take care of me there for a little while after the birth.

The baby has dropped down into my pelvis and sitting down is sooooo uncomfy. I am getting aches and pains and complaining all about it any chance I get to whomever will listen...hehe...Good luck to all of you ladies who are nearing your due date. Oh let me add to the tying tubes "debate". Amera, don't do it. You are too young. My Aunt had hers tied by some idiot doctor and now she is going through all of these complications. Now every doctor she goes to says that she was too young to have the procedure done and that the doctor who performed it shouldn't have done it and should have stressed the risks of it. I don't want another one for a long time after this one and I am looking into the different forms of birth control. The pill and patch didn't work for me...really messed me up emotionally so I think I will go for the IUD.

I'm off for now. I will keep you all in my thoughts and hope to be on here again real soon with some good news.

im so sorry that insurance is doing this to you :( forgive me, but i cant remember, is this your first pregnancy? if it is, then it is very possible that if you call your hubby as soon as you go into labor, he will have time to get to you... if your cervix has never dilated before, it will take a little longer... i do wish you the best

and i just want to clarify to amera (and anyone else on the forum)... what i expressed about tubal ligation is what i feel for myself PERSONALLY... i am 35 yrs old with another child already... what is best for me is not necessarily waht is best for anyone else... amera, you are still very young... and doing something permanent is probably NOT in your best interest... there ARE other options, long term, that will help until you decide for sure if you are ready for more children or not...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/birth-con...99/PAGE=BI00005

Birth control options

Given all the options available, you may find choosing a birth control method confusing. You can make it a little easier by considering your lifestyle, goals and health status. Consider these factors as you decide on a birth control method that's right for you:

How you feel about planning for sex

Your comfort level with inserting contraceptive devices into your body

Your willingness to follow directions, whether it's taking a pill every day or tracking your fertile days

How effective the method is at preventing pregnancy

Whether you plan to have children someday

How often you have sex

Whether you have a steady partner

How the method alters your sexual experience

Whether you smoke

As you make your decision, you may find it helpful to know what birth control methods are most widely used. Among U.S. women, the birth control pill is the most common contraceptive method, followed by tubal sterilization and the male condom.

Contraceptive use among U.S. women who practice contraception

Birth control method % of total

Pill 30.6

Tubal sterilization 27.0

Male condom 18.0

Vasectomy 9.2

Injectable 5.3

Withdrawal 4.0

IUD 2.0

Periodic abstinence 1.6

Implant (Norplant) 1.2

Other 0.9

Diaphragm 0.3

Source: Mosher, W.D., et al. Use of Contraception and Use of Family Planning Services in the United States: 1982-2002. "Advance Data from Vital and Health Statistics," no. 350. Hyattsville, MD: NCHS, 2004.

To help you understand the many birth control options available, this guide provides an overview of each, beginning with condoms and other barrier methods........

since you have already delivered, im sure you have already decided what to do...

i can not find my previous post regarding this, but i want to make sure that it wasnt taken as encouraging others to choose the same as myself... but rather expressing my personal choice and some frustration with what i see at work with VERY irresponsible girls... which does NOT apply to those of us on this forum

tony_1.gif

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Nizzy and Irisheyes: WE'RE GETTING THERE. It definetely is going to happen this month. OMG. I am so excited.

I did the GBS myself (the swab) but noone has called so far so I assume that everything was alright. They ususally never call if there is no need to. I'll go back on Thursday and will have my cervix checked. I think baby finally dropped but I don't see it or feel any different. The only thing is that I can't feel his head anymore above my pubic bone. The back is still to my left and his feet are still up (in my ribs) and since the head is missing I guess he finally dropped.

@Irisheyes: I have heard about that Evenflo Carseat also. We bought the Graco Snug Ride, which is supposed to be the best if installed right. I didn't think it takes one hour to just get a base secured really tightly in the car. I don't think I got it right but my husband leaned all his weight in there and the base don't move no longer...

Sorry you had to stay in the hospital for several days. I can understand that you want the pregnancy to be over and meet your little one. All the best for the last 11 days and maybe you'll deliver even before that.

@Sammy: Congrats on showing...I remember how proud I was for showing...

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

Hi gals! I am finally in Chicago after a loonnggg amtrak train delay from DC...was supposed to get here at 8:40 am after leaving at 4 pm yesterday but it was 2 pm by the time I got my bags. My doctor here told me she would not reccommend coming by plane and that the airline wouldn't let me on so I had to come via train.

Keltic: This is our first so as soon as I feel something I will rush to the doctor and once she confirms he will be getting the phone call. Before when I heard that the first time can take up to a day or longer I cringed but now it is the only thing that is keeping me calm because it means hubby can get here on time to support me through all of this.

Sammy: I can't believe how far along you are already! It all goes by really fast...I know it has for me...

Kristi: yay twins! I love twins and I was sorta kinda hoping to have twins so I can get it out of the way the first time...lol...get plenty of rest and take good care of yourself...

I will be having a check up on Tuesday to see what's going on. The baby has definitely moved down because now my boobies don't really touch my stomach anymore...lol...the shape of my belly has changed and you can sort of see the shapy of the baby's head below my navel...or so I think that is what it is...

I don't know if I mentioned but we bought a 4-in-1 crib with a jungle themed bed setting. Anything with monkeys or frogs on it has me hooked so I had to get the bed settign with a monkey on it...we couldn't find a mobile to go with it so we went to target and the mobiles were on sale for 14.99 and even though it isn't an exact match it looks cute so we got one. I know the baby won't be interested in it in the beginning but I just wanted to have it all set and it was on sale so couldn't let it get away!

Thanks for all of your support through all of this and as the time approaches I find myself getting calmer and ready to really accept anything. I will be on here more often now because of more access to internet so that's an upside!

hi, girls. is it too late for a newcomer to join this thread??

as of today, i am 8 weeks pregnant with our first child. we had an ultrasound done at 6 weeks 5 days and saw a beautiful, beating heart! i am scheduled for my second ultrasound on tuesday morning.

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

as of today, i am 8 weeks pregnant with our first child. we had an ultrasound done at 6 weeks 5 days and saw a beautiful, beating heart! i am scheduled for my second ultrasound on tuesday morning.

hey, congrats! long time no see, now i know why.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Congratulations! Hearing the heartbeat for the first time is amazing isn't it?