Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
Impossible for me to pin it down really!! ;):lol:

Well we're just guessing too but it would have been about the right time...

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Number of people to date that have touched my baby bump: 2

The second person was just 30 mins ago at the grocery store. The lady came up to me and asked if I was expecting and I said "yes", which apparently to her was an invite to reach out and touch me. She then asked if I was Catholic and I said "No" and she said "well then I can't give you any advice but God bless your child" and just walked away. I don't mind at all since it doesn't happen very often...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The second person was just 30 mins ago at the grocery store. The lady came up to me and asked if I was expecting and I said "yes", which apparently to her was an invite to reach out and touch me. She then asked if I was Catholic and I said "No" and she said "well then I can't give you any advice but God bless your child" and just walked away. I don't mind at all since it doesn't happen very often...

That's hilarious! Because Catholic babies are different than babies of any other religion! :lol:

Edited by Irisheyes

AOS

05/26/05: Sent I-485/I-130 & I-765 to Chicago lockbox.

05/27/05: Paperwork received by Douglas!

06/17/05: Check hit bank account.

06/20/05: All 3 NOA's rec'vd! TG!

08/02/05: Biometrics , New Orleans. Pretty uneventful.

08/09/05: EAD Approved!

07/12/06: ......still.........waiting.........

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

10/23/06: Interview finally scheduled for 12/14/06.

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

01/17/07: Biometrics scheduled.

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

My little angel, Rachel Erin...born 02/15/07

IM000979.jpg

Timeline

That's hilarious! Because Catholic babies are different than babies of any other religion! :lol:

I know! lol At first I was a bit peeved because I had said I am Muslim so I thought she had something against my religion and she was being so rude. But then I thought maybe it was Catholic type advice that I wouldn't understand so I shrugged it off.

Timeline

:lol: Not too many people have touched my baby belly cause I hardly ever leave the house (we only have one car) and if I leave it then I usually go with my husband and noone wants to get near me when he is there. Only one lady has touched it so far and I didn't mind since after all the stress at home with my hubby's skin condition and pampering him, it was good to get some attention.

I can't wait for my parents to come visit us on Sunday. I am soo excited to see them again. I mean we were in Germany in June so it's only 6 months but still. I told my parents the day I did the test that I was pregnant so they were the ones that knew right from the beginning on (I was only about 5 weeks along then and anything could have happened but I didn't want to wait). I remember doing the test and thinking it is negative anyway and I looked at it after like 5 minutes or so and I saw two pink lines...aaahhh. I woke up my husband (at six in the morning) and told him and we went to get three more tests and they were all positive. OMG. My parents weren't too excited about it but that is just them. Now they are all into their little grandson and my mom keeps telling me about her experiences when she was pregnant. I'm sorry, I'm just a hormonal wreck right now...sitting here watching the East German Cinderella Movie, crying...thinking about how much I love that little boy, there's so many things I want to show him, teach him and share with him... (L) . Sorry girls, just had to let it out....

Now back to my movie. Gotta see if she gets to marry the prince :lol:

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline
:lol: Not too many people have touched my baby belly cause I hardly ever leave the house (we only have one car) and if I leave it then I usually go with my husband and noone wants to get near me when he is there. Only one lady has touched it so far and I didn't mind since after all the stress at home with my hubby's skin condition and pampering him, it was good to get some attention.

I can't wait for my parents to come visit us on Sunday. I am soo excited to see them again. I mean we were in Germany in June so it's only 6 months but still. I told my parents the day I did the test that I was pregnant so they were the ones that knew right from the beginning on (I was only about 5 weeks along then and anything could have happened but I didn't want to wait). I remember doing the test and thinking it is negative anyway and I looked at it after like 5 minutes or so and I saw two pink lines...aaahhh. I woke up my husband (at six in the morning) and told him and we went to get three more tests and they were all positive. OMG. My parents weren't too excited about it but that is just them. Now they are all into their little grandson and my mom keeps telling me about her experiences when she was pregnant. I'm sorry, I'm just a hormonal wreck right now...sitting here watching the East German Cinderella Movie, crying...thinking about how much I love that little boy, there's so many things I want to show him, teach him and share with him... (L) . Sorry girls, just had to let it out....

Awww...I have those moments where I get emotional about meeting my little prince and spending time with him and then I have those moments where I freak out by thinking of how our lives will change and how I will manage it all. Is that still normal at this stage?

Timeline

Awww...I have those moments where I get emotional about meeting my little prince and spending time with him and then I have those moments where I freak out by thinking of how our lives will change and how I will manage it all. Is that still normal at this stage?

I'm more of the freaking nature...I'm pretty practical and not much of a gushy person. Although I can't wait to have the baby, I actually spend more time freaking about how we are going to do it all, from the financial aspects to the full time working and parenting issues, not to mention the general chaos our lives are about to become. We've had 3 years together now and we are pretty comfortable in our little routines, LOL, it's all about to change. I'm worried about working 40 hours a week and having enough time to spend with the baby. If I start thinking about it all now, I'll freak myself out again. All perfectly normal I think........or hope at least! :unsure:

AOS

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

IM000979.jpg

Timeline

Just found a website for a place near us that does a 3d/4d Ultrasound package for $99. I thought they were like $400 or so......I'm so excited, I called my hubby and he said "well whatcha waiting for...call!!" So I'm going to call this afternoon for an appointment. The $99 includes the whole thing on DVD (20 mins or so), 6 photos, and a viewing gallery for any guests you wish to invite. Not too shabby!!!

Can't believe we'll get an early peek at our peanuts face!! :dance:

3d/4d Ultrasound

AOS

Will this ever end????

IM000979.jpg

i would like to think that i might have a little bit of a chance to have the 3d/4d ultrasound for the next one, since i am a nurse working on the womens floor of a large hospital and they have a machine for it... but its no guarantee... so... if i cant have it done (insurance may not cover it), one option is to go with this group:

http://www.innerviewultrasound.com/

$145 for their package

why wait if you dont have to???

;)

oh, and btw... im still freaking out about how we are gonna manage to handle all this... i dont know if that will EVER stop... it just changes to worrying about what trouble they will get into as a teen!!! lol

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Timeline
Just found a website for a place near us that does a 3d/4d Ultrasound package for $99. I thought they were like $400 or so......I'm so excited, I called my hubby and he said "well whatcha waiting for...call!!" So I'm going to call this afternoon for an appointment. The $99 includes the whole thing on DVD (20 mins or so), 6 photos, and a viewing gallery for any guests you wish to invite. Not too shabby!!!

Can't believe we'll get an early peek at our peanuts face!! :dance:

3d/4d Ultrasound

I wanted to do that ever since I found out about it like 3 months ago but it was over 100 dollars. When I talked to hubby he said that we should just wait until birth and we could use the money for something else like a stroller or something. We aren't that financially well off so it made sense to me. But if I had the money to spare I would soooo go for it!

Timeline

Same here Nizzy. Our Changing Table is 100 Dollars, so I guess we gonna spend it on that. Although, if I could and if we had the money to do the 3d US, we would definetely go for it. I asked about the ultrasound at my very first appointment at the hospital and there they actually told me that they wish, women would stop doing it since the heatwaves used for this kind of ultrasound might damage the baby's hearing or so. I have read alot about it and came to find out that it is only dangerous when you do it very very often and once won't hurt the baby. I have had only two ultrasounds (10 weeks and 18 weeks) and I would like to see my little one again...but then again, it's only 13 weeks left until he's here anyway.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

unless there is MUCH more heat generated by the 3d/4d machine, it shouldnt cause any problems with the baby at all... many of the nurses that i work with have walked over to l&d if they were ever concerned or even just not very busy and had an ultrasound done... multiple times with their pregnancies... and their babies are fine... to my knowledge there are no reports of any damage done to babies with frequent ultrasounds... at least the good ole b&w ones (2d)

i will work tomorrow and friday... i will ask around at work and see what the general consensus is from the OBs on the safety of the 3d/4d ultrasounds

on a very happy note... Tobester was able to feel the baby last night!!! hes been trying to catch a kick, but i guess the baby didnt have enough "oompf" to make it palpable from the outside... it sure has felt strong enough to me from the inside... but last night, Tobester had his hand on my belly and finally felt it!! the look on his face was something i will treasure forever

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Timeline

Eric was all excited when he felt Adam move the first time. We were at the movie theater and I think the noise in there just made him move a lot. Now, we find ourselves on the couch a lot with Eric tapping my belly and Adam kicking him back. Somethimes it feels like he has four legs and I feel it moving EVERYWHERE not just in one spot. I love those moments, they just let us forget everything that is going on and Eric is so proud of his little man in there.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline

3d/4d ultrasound uses exactly the same soundwave as regular 2d scans. I don't believe U/S causes any damage to baby at all and I dont believe any studies have found so either. I use ultrasound all the time at work, granted to inspect aircraft parts, but I do have some knowledge of its theory. It is totally nondestructive if done properly, for example correct frequencies and intensities are used. Anybody ever seen Etta James smash a glass with her voice? That's known as resonance and that's another days class! :D

It is pretty hard to screw it up when the ultrasound equipment has limitations as to what it can do with regards to using incorrect frequencies, etc.....in other words, if you set it up wrong, it simply won't work.

Ultrasound is pretty much like radar, soundwaves reflect off surfaces to give us an image of the object being scanned. It is in no way harmful like radiation as it doesn't change or mutate cells in any way. It's pretty similar to placing baby in a noisy car, while the sound is absorbed, the worst anyone will suffer is a little vibration, and this is a gross exaggeration of what actually happens.

Until somebody finds otherwise, I'm not too worried about it. :thumbs:

AOS

Will this ever end????

IM000979.jpg

Timeline

I'm still not sure if we can do the 3d US yet anyway, my doctor has to authorize it first and they won't do it unless you have had a full diagnostic second trimester ultrasound. Even though we did have a scan in our second trimester, I don't know how diagnostic it was or if it was just for size and dates. I guess they don't want any surprises since they are not using the ultrasound as a medical diagnostic tool, it's just for fun really.

We'll find out tomorrow, I have to go in for the 3-hr glucose tolerance test. The 1-hr came out a little high. What next?.......Blood pressure is back to normal though, thank God.

AOS

Will this ever end????

IM000979.jpg