Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Wow KiKi, that is two handsome young men you have there. I bet they love their little baby sister.

Congratulations on your pregnancy KJandSH. Hope everything goes well. How far along are you now (I'm guessing five months).

Well, we finally got our crib yesterday. I have been spending days in front of the computer reading TARGET reviews ons cribs, comparing prices etc. Yesterday we took off to Wilmington (about one hour south of where we live) in hopes to find something cute but NADA. Absolutely nothing. So we went to TARGET and looked at the only crib they had there. My husband first didn't want to get it since there was plastik on the bed (where you push and slide one side up and down) but I told him that it got very good reviews (average of 4 stars) and for the price 140 Dollars it looked pretty good and comes with a mobile and vibration thing and a trundle drawer. We bought it, sliced the box open to get everything in our litte Toyota and he put it togehter last night. I love him for doing that since it was already 9 pm and it took him two hours to figure the (completely messed up) instructions out. He made it and the crib lookes very cute. We need a mattress now and then we have at least one thing standing. It suddenly is sooo real that we are having a baby. I mean, it took me a little while to sink in and now we have a crib standing in our bedroom. I was just standing there staring at it and thinking about this little bundle sleeping in it..our son, our baby...I can't believe it

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Wow KiKi, that is two handsome young men you have there. I bet they love their little baby sister.

Congratulations on your pregnancy KJandSH. Hope everything goes well. How far along are you now (I'm guessing five months).

Well, we finally got our crib yesterday. I have been spending days in front of the computer reading TARGET reviews ons cribs, comparing prices etc. Yesterday we took off to Wilmington (about one hour south of where we live) in hopes to find something cute but NADA. Absolutely nothing. So we went to TARGET and looked at the only crib they had there. My husband first didn't want to get it since there was plastik on the bed (where you push and slide one side up and down) but I told him that it got very good reviews (average of 4 stars) and for the price 140 Dollars it looked pretty good and comes with a mobile and vibration thing and a trundle drawer. We bought it, sliced the box open to get everything in our litte Toyota and he put it togehter last night. I love him for doing that since it was already 9 pm and it took him two hours to figure the (completely messed up) instructions out. He made it and the crib lookes very cute. We need a mattress now and then we have at least one thing standing. It suddenly is sooo real that we are having a baby. I mean, it took me a little while to sink in and now we have a crib standing in our bedroom. I was just standing there staring at it and thinking about this little bundle sleeping in it..our son, our baby...I can't believe it

That's cute! We have been putting off buying the crib for that reason.......We'll sit and look at it and drive ourselves crazy waiting! So for now we are only buying practical stuff, baby supplies, moniters, etc. Once Christmas passes we will shop for the crib, stroller, etc. Won't seem so long then. Doesn't stop us from spending hours traipsing around Babies R Us, Walmart, Target, etc just looking though! :no:

AOS

05/26/05: Sent I-485/I-130 & I-765 to Chicago lockbox.

05/27/05: Paperwork received by Douglas!

06/17/05: Check hit bank account.

06/20/05: All 3 NOA's rec'vd! TG!

08/02/05: Biometrics , New Orleans. Pretty uneventful.

08/09/05: EAD Approved!

07/12/06: ......still.........waiting.........

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

10/23/06: Interview finally scheduled for 12/14/06.

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

01/17/07: Biometrics scheduled.

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

My little angel, Rachel Erin...born 02/15/07

IM000979.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I've looked at cribs as well. WalMart has some three piece sets that are very affordable. But just like IrishEyes I am gonna wait a while before getting those big items. I have gotten close to buying a travel system but then talk myself out of it. Maybe we will run into some good sales after christmas!

Timeline

You see, we want all the necessary stuff first (like the crib and mattress and then the Carseat and STroller). I just want everything to be set up just in case something intereferes with the "big purchases". Once we have the Carseat I'll probably get better and then we want to get a changing table and buy the practical stuff. It makes me feel so much better to have that crib standing there and it looks all cute (we bought the mattress today for 60 bucks at WALMART). My husband HATES Walmart so getting him in there was like him asking me to marry him all over again :lol:

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

we bought our crib and mattress online from walmart... we had looked around in stores, but found a great deal online and couldnt pass it up... $168 for a cherry crib with a trundle drawer that then turns into a toddler bed and then a full size bed... and the best part, it was delivered to the doorstep!

we lucked out and stumbled on some great deals... so even tho its early, we bought the bigger items already... only the crib is put together tho... the rest (travel system, pack n play, and swing) are still in the boxes... receipts are saved, etc...

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Timeline

We are relocating to Virginia and while hubby is working there and I will join him as soon as I finish up with my studies I don't want to make any major purchases until I get there and things are somewhat settled. But I have seen some great deals that are becoming so hard to pass up. So if you can I say go for it!

Timeline

Nizzy, I totally understand that you don't wanna buy stuff since you still have to move. I started looking at babystuff as soon as I learned that my husband doesn't have to deploy at all anymore.

@Keltic, what kind of travel system do you have? I like the one from GRACO (something with 540...I don't remember). It got very good reviews on the carseat safety. Is there actually a difference if I buy a carseat and a stroller seperately or if I get all that in a travel system right away? I saw that it would be cheaper if I purchase it seperately but then again, I don't know if the seats are different. Does anybody know?

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

here is a link to a description....

http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.a...p;CategoryID=12

The Passage 530 Travel System is great offers the ultimate convenience for both parents and baby! The three piece set includes the Passage stroller, a SnugRide infant car seat with a 5-point harness, and a stay-in-car base. It features a new all-in-one fold, that stands when folded, eliminating the hassle of bending over to pick up the stroller. The lower and load storage basket allows easy access to baby gear under the stroller without rousing a sleeping child. The multiple-position, reclining seat easily adjusts with one hand and is ideal for napping. The convenient parent organizer tray features two deep cupholders to accommodate large beverages and water bottles. The tray also includes an accessory compartment for items such as keys and cell phones. Children also have their own pivoting tray with a stationary cupholder, as well as an area for toys and snacks!

i think if you want to have the whole travel system, you should get it all together... they are worth it... having the carseat base stay in the car, so you dont have to wake the baby getting in or out of the car... the seat fits perfectly on grocery carts, so you dont have to use the built-in ones at the stores (heavens knows what has been in those before your baby)... i had one for my daughter 8 yrs ago, and i sold it when she was 4... i didnt even think twice about what to get this time around

of course, thats just MY 2 cents ;)

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Timeline

I totally agree Keltic. I love those travel systems but my husband doesn't really know what to think about them since he tried one out at SEARS the other day and it was stuck and wouldn't work, the seat didn't come off the stroller etc. I loved pushing that thing around though. It was so easy and you could do it with one hand. I guess I should make the decisions from now on and just have him pay and show him how it works. We'll also get a safety class from the local police department. Just so we are on the safe side when it comes to installing everything right.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Came across a website that helps with kick counting and stillbirth prevention. It's pretty good, you can print out little charts to help track your counting! :thumbs:

Baby Kick Alliance

AOS

05/26/05: Sent I-485/I-130 & I-765 to Chicago lockbox.

05/27/05: Paperwork received by Douglas!

06/17/05: Check hit bank account.

06/20/05: All 3 NOA's rec'vd! TG!

08/02/05: Biometrics , New Orleans. Pretty uneventful.

08/09/05: EAD Approved!

07/12/06: ......still.........waiting.........

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

10/23/06: Interview finally scheduled for 12/14/06.

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

01/17/07: Biometrics scheduled.

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

My little angel, Rachel Erin...born 02/15/07

IM000979.jpg

We are relocating to Virginia...

Northern (near DC) or elsewhere (Richmond, Blacksburg, Roanoke, etc.)?

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline

Irisheyes, I haven't looked at the website that you posted yet. I have been counting kicks every evening (between 8 and 10pm) and our little one is doing VERY good and gets his 10 kicks usually somewhere between 5-30 minutes. today he's having a lazy day, must be the 40 degree rainy, windy, nasty weather out there...

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline
We are relocating to Virginia...

Northern (near DC) or elsewhere (Richmond, Blacksburg, Roanoke, etc.)?

I just saw your questions sorry. We are moving to Northern area near DC. It's super expensive so we are still looking for a place to settle into.

Timeline

http://i.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_conten...easerbabies.swf

Here's a little something that just made my day. My MIL sent it too me after I told her that I was having a rough time today (our dog is driving me nuts today...)

02/12/2009 - APPROVED