Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Macedonia
Timeline
your husband is right... the money ####### always has a way of working itself out for all of us.

Have you felt the baby move yet?

I don't know about your state, but in Illinios Medicaid covers just about anyone who is pregnant. It's called the moms and babies program. If you don't qualify, have you checked into planned parenthood? in some areas they offer really low cost prenatal care.

If you haven't bought some over the counter prenatal vitamins, please do so!!!

I have felt the 'flutter' lately, but i havent actually felt any kicking or anything like that. Im just hoping that she (yes, i want a girl) feels very comfortable and doesnt want to move a lot...or she could just be as lazy as me!!!

I actually did try Planned parenthood...the ones in my area dont do prenatal care, which doesnt make any sense. Especially since do pregnancy tests, have ultrasound machines, and have the staff that can do it too!! Hopefully the Medicaid will go through. The guy i spoke with said he had to check into it to see if it will just take into account my income instead of both incomes. My guess is that he doesnt have a lot of family cases.....

as far as prenatal vitamins go, I actually bought a big bottle of them, but i kept forgetting to take them. I was supposed to take them with food, which is why i always forgot. So what i did was i bought Flinstones chewables with the same amount of vitamins that im supposed to be taking. Those are a lot easier to remember!!!

I aint cool enough for a signature.....

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

your husband is right... the money ####### always has a way of working itself out for all of us.

Have you felt the baby move yet?

I don't know about your state, but in Illinios Medicaid covers just about anyone who is pregnant. It's called the moms and babies program. If you don't qualify, have you checked into planned parenthood? in some areas they offer really low cost prenatal care.

If you haven't bought some over the counter prenatal vitamins, please do so!!!

I have felt the 'flutter' lately, but i havent actually felt any kicking or anything like that. Im just hoping that she (yes, i want a girl) feels very comfortable and doesnt want to move a lot...or she could just be as lazy as me!!!

I actually did try Planned parenthood...the ones in my area dont do prenatal care, which doesnt make any sense. Especially since do pregnancy tests, have ultrasound machines, and have the staff that can do it too!! Hopefully the Medicaid will go through. The guy i spoke with said he had to check into it to see if it will just take into account my income instead of both incomes. My guess is that he doesnt have a lot of family cases.....

as far as prenatal vitamins go, I actually bought a big bottle of them, but i kept forgetting to take them. I was supposed to take them with food, which is why i always forgot. So what i did was i bought Flinstones chewables with the same amount of vitamins that im supposed to be taking. Those are a lot easier to remember!!!

the planned parenthood here doesn't do prenatal care either. Me having the medicaid has saved me from financial hardship and also allowed me to have prenatal care from the very beginning. Wouldn't you know it that my hubby got a great job but doesn't start till march 20th and even then I'm not sure if his insurance will pick up the pregnancy because it's "pre-exisiting".

I take a prescription prenatal vitamin... but then again it's free because of the medicaid.

Good luck, and keep us posted with everything!

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Has anyone checked into dual citizenship for the new babies to be, or for anyone who has already had a baby?

I'm going to look into it before our baby is born but was wondering if anyone else has thought of this.

Patricia

I had a baby girl August 05. You fill out the birth certificate form at the hospital together with request for social security number. You will get offical american birth certificate in about 2 weeks. Magical social security number was received in about 4 weeks. We then applied for UK passport via washington. Then applied for US passport via court house. Both have been received never had any problems or issues. They warn you about problems having a dual passport but this does not apply to US/UK. You should actively use your US passport to show domicile. They can never take away your right to have a UK passport - you have to renounce citizenship. Also when you travel make sure you only use one passport ie. don't leave on UK passport and come back on US. This messes the tracking systems and you will be told off for this. Hope this helps.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Has anyone checked into dual citizenship for the new babies to be, or for anyone who has already had a baby?

I'm going to look into it before our baby is born but was wondering if anyone else has thought of this.

Patricia

I had a baby girl August 05. You fill out the birth certificate form at the hospital together with request for social security number. You will get offical american birth certificate in about 2 weeks. Magical social security number was received in about 4 weeks. We then applied for UK passport via washington. Then applied for US passport via court house. Both have been received never had any problems or issues. They warn you about problems having a dual passport but this does not apply to US/UK. You should actively use your US passport to show domicile. They can never take away your right to have a UK passport - you have to renounce citizenship. Also when you travel make sure you only use one passport ie. don't leave on UK passport and come back on US. This messes the tracking systems and you will be told off for this. Hope this helps.

Thanks that is a big help!!!

Patricia

OK here is our story (short version)

we have been married for 3 years anny was July 3rd.

We filed I-130 march 21, 2005

Receipt date march, 30, 2005

Approval notice July 1, 2005

Case # change NVC July 21, 2005

Lawyer recieved fee bills Aug 9, 2005

Filed I-129f March 23, 2005

receipt date April 7, 2005

Approved july 5, 2005

Recieved packet from london July 15th, 2005

Finally mailed packet 3 Aug 5th, 2005

Medical appointment Aug. 13th, 2005

Interview date Sep. 2, 2005 Approved!!

Visa in hand sep. 3, 2005

6d7cfb2.jpg.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ditto the girl wish.....I have two boys, would love to buy those cute pink dresses, etc. :yes:

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

i have a question for those who already have children - is having a child really as expensive as we are led to believe?

My hubby's timeline (F1-visa):

Married January 2003 :)

Sept 2003 - Filed AOS, EAD

Sept - November 2003: Took fingerprints. Received receipts, EAD.

Oct 2004 - Renewed EAD

Nov 2004 - received EAD

April 2005 - changed address, 2nd set of fingerprints received

August 2005 - Received interview letter

Oct. 18 2005- Interview, no on the spot decisions given at this office anymore

Oct. 19 - "touched"

Oct. 20 - Case status online is missing, touched

Oct. 21 - touched, ONLINE APPROVAL MESSAGE! YAY!

Oct. 22 - touched

Oct. 24 - touched

Oct. 25 - 10 year permanent resident card received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG SO HAPPY!!!

Oct. 30 - touched

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i have a question for those who already have children - is having a child really as expensive as we are led to believe?

Not sure if you mean the cost of delivering a baby which varies... from 2000.00 to 15,000.00 (my son cost 15,000 in 1994 because of complications)

Or if you are asking about raising a baby/child... if that is the question...my answer is of course it is an added expense, I have 2 kids and my Andy has 3 and then we have one on the way. But it is an expense that seems to work it's self in with everything else... what I mean is you just do it and don't notice.

I don't think I'm making my point very clear...LOL

What I'm trying to say is.... yes they are expensive, but it all works out!

Patricia

Edited by Patricia_and_andy

OK here is our story (short version)

we have been married for 3 years anny was July 3rd.

We filed I-130 march 21, 2005

Receipt date march, 30, 2005

Approval notice July 1, 2005

Case # change NVC July 21, 2005

Lawyer recieved fee bills Aug 9, 2005

Filed I-129f March 23, 2005

receipt date April 7, 2005

Approved july 5, 2005

Recieved packet from london July 15th, 2005

Finally mailed packet 3 Aug 5th, 2005

Medical appointment Aug. 13th, 2005

Interview date Sep. 2, 2005 Approved!!

Visa in hand sep. 3, 2005

6d7cfb2.jpg.png

Timeline

It's expensive, yes, but worth every single second of it. And you really don't notice it. You slide right into the whole ok i'm buying for one more kid for everything.....

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Timeline

Just wait till you guys hit the 20 weeks mark... it was like "holy ####### we're halfway done now" Makes you work harder on getting the baby's room and stuff ready

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

My theory on the expense...have a big a$$ baby shower and get everything i need for free! :D I am planning on having one, since i didnt have a bridal shower back when i got married. Cant let everyone i know get off that easy!

I aint cool enough for a signature.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

having kids expensive? ya,,,but it also takes common sence,,I mean

do u need gap or walmart most? I guess u adjust your way of life

to get what the little ones need. xmas is kind of hairy when your down

on your luck cause u know santa has to come:).

they need clothes medical care ,toys,food and all kinds of things that

are unbelievable but after u have the kids,,its just a natrual thing.

I hope I geta girl I wana buy all the things I didnt get when I was a kid haha.

I mean it's all fun to! I love spending on my kids ,,dollor store or mcdonalds

I just want them happy.

the good part is if u have two kids lots of times u can give the next baby the old clothes.

the havinga shower is a good idea. was thinking the same for me!

do people give themselfs a shower? a friend does it dont they or what?

I saw on yummy mummy the new style of showers,,drinks and all men and women.

sounds like alot of fun to me!

20 weeks next week hurray!

:yes:

Sadia

how about if you exclusively breast-feed? health insurance is not something i'm worried about - i have two of them. i know expenses increase when they get older though.. like school years? but i'm not too worried about that either, as my hubby is supposed to graduate with a pharmD in 3 years inshaAllah, and i do not make much but it is sufficient. so i guess what i'm saying is, is supporting a child up to 3 yrs old expensive?? *sigh* my heart aches to stop using birth control, my patience to have a child is hanging by a thread here.. :(

Edited by aamna

My hubby's timeline (F1-visa):

Married January 2003 :)

Sept 2003 - Filed AOS, EAD

Sept - November 2003: Took fingerprints. Received receipts, EAD.

Oct 2004 - Renewed EAD

Nov 2004 - received EAD

April 2005 - changed address, 2nd set of fingerprints received

August 2005 - Received interview letter

Oct. 18 2005- Interview, no on the spot decisions given at this office anymore

Oct. 19 - "touched"

Oct. 20 - Case status online is missing, touched

Oct. 21 - touched, ONLINE APPROVAL MESSAGE! YAY!

Oct. 22 - touched

Oct. 24 - touched

Oct. 25 - 10 year permanent resident card received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG SO HAPPY!!!

Oct. 30 - touched