Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks so much for those kind words, Artegal.....

Today is going to be rough for me.... hubby went back to work this morning after having 3 weeks off :( ... it is going to be a looonngg day.... :(

Marilyn -- I understand your concern, but Hang in there. You aren't bringing down nothing, your pain and loss will help us all in our own circumstance, should we too have to face such a situation--and with courage I only hope I would handle the facts of life as graceful and open as you have--we are here for you as you have been here for us, not just in this thread but on VJ in general.

You have honored your son with dignity, respect, and with courage and viligence--we should be so lucky all to have parents like you and your husband, whether we live a moment or a lifetime. The care and support you have shown and love for young Noah--is not a downer to anyone--its a source of strength--your example is the true honor you have shown your son--though the tattoo of him with Jesus is amazing--your story will give me strength--still not faced with the loss of a close loved one--yet knowing that day will come as it must for all of us--I will think of Noah, and of you Marilyn and your family and know this I will live to be as courageous and understanding as you have been and continue to be. Thank you so much for sharing Noah's brief life with me--and I will continue to have him, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

PS: Not to break the mood or make a joke or anything but my son already has a tooth at age 4 weeks--is this weird? Any advice if any of you have experienced this would be appreciated.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

geez, I was just looking at our healthcare site and I noticed that I owed about $110 dollars more then the $150 copay we paid for my stay in the hospital... when I looked at the deatils it says that our plan doesn't cover the difference between a private and a semi-private room :o ... it is not like I asked to be put in a private room.... they just put me in one.. :o and I am pretty sure from what I can recall that the hospital I stayed in only has private rooms in the family and newborn ward.... :huh:

yeah, I just checked the hospitals site and they only have private rooms .... that doesn't seem fair to have to pay extra for a private room when there is no other choice :huh:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Marilyn -- I understand your concern, but Hang in there. You aren't bringing down nothing, your pain and loss will help us all in our own circumstance, should we too have to face such a situation--and with courage I only hope I would handle the facts of life as graceful and open as you have--we are here for you as you have been here for us, not just in this thread but on VJ in general.

You have honored your son with dignity, respect, and with courage and viligence--we should be so lucky all to have parents like you and your husband, whether we live a moment or a lifetime. The care and support you have shown and love for young Noah--is not a downer to anyone--its a source of strength--your example is the true honor you have shown your son--though the tattoo of him with Jesus is amazing--your story will give me strength--still not faced with the loss of a close loved one--yet knowing that day will come as it must for all of us--I will think of Noah, and of you Marilyn and your family and know this I will live to be as courageous and understanding as you have been and continue to be. Thank you so much for sharing Noah's brief life with me--and I will continue to have him, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

PS: Not to break the mood or make a joke or anything but my son already has a tooth at age 4 weeks--is this weird? Any advice if any of you have experienced this would be appreciated.

That was just beautiful Artegal what you just said to Marilyn. (F)

That brought tears to my ears.

What wonderful, kind, thoughtful words.

Your a very good person.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Wow, seems like this thread went to sleep. Pregnant girls where are you?

@MarilynP. I hope you are doing fine and find the strengh to get through these days. I am thinking about you and Noah every day. God bless.

As for me...my little man has been kicking like crazy. Does anyone of you know when the babies usually settle in their head-down position? I sometimes feel like he is kicking my ribs with his feet and my bladder with his head or hands but I don't know for sure. Every now and then - when I have a braxton hicks contraction - I can feel that it is harder on one side than on the other (I'm assuming the hard part is his back or so). How are you gals doing?

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Wow, seems like this thread went to sleep. Pregnant girls where are you?

@MarilynP. I hope you are doing fine and find the strengh to get through these days. I am thinking about you and Noah every day. God bless.

As for me...my little man has been kicking like crazy. Does anyone of you know when the babies usually settle in their head-down position? I sometimes feel like he is kicking my ribs with his feet and my bladder with his head or hands but I don't know for sure. Every now and then - when I have a braxton hicks contraction - I can feel that it is harder on one side than on the other (I'm assuming the hard part is his back or so). How are you gals doing?

It's so funny because I was wondering the same thing. He's not kicking my ribs but my bladder is getting hit and I assumed it was in the head down position but then I still get kicked on my sides. It's getting harder to get up once I am down and I am losing sleep because I can't find a comfortable position. I get some pain when I walk but other then that I am fine. I love that we are close in pregnancies because we go through similar things and it makes me feel somewhat "normal". :P

Timeline

@Nizzy, same here. I'm glad there are other girls going through the same experiences RIGHT NOW with me. I also feel kicks on the sides sometimes but it feels more like my whole belly is moving (not like a foot sticking out or so). He is a very active young man and when I sit and don't sit straight, I think sooner or later he will be able to kick my boobs, haha.

@Allison, the first "real" movement to where you really feel it on the outside I felt around week 19 or 20. Before that I couldn't really tell since this is my first pregnancy. Now, however, it is undenieable and getting on my nerves every now and then cause everytime I watch my belly, he stops moving and as soon as I look away...he kicks again...aarrrggghhhh.

Edited by Eveline

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I have read that baby is most active between 24 & 28 weeks. After 28 weeks, they will not neccessarily move into position, but they don't have as much room as before. I can imagine this is when we will feel the rib kicks, lol. Baby won't move down till approx 4 weeks or less to labor.....everybody's different. I'm pretty sure there will be a feeling of increased pressure in the pelvis. This is all from the "What to Expect" book by the way!

My baby has the worst habit of kicking me right down low, feels like it's directly in the bladder. It feels awful, makes me cringe, but at the same time I'm glad to feel it. I started feeling distinguishable kicks at 20 weeks or so. My pregnancy has been so by the book it's funny! I can predict my next symptom by my little pregnancy book!

She also makes a liar out of me all the time. I keep trying to get my husband to catch a kick that bulges out the side, but it always stops when I tell him to look.....guaranteed, lol!

AOS

05/26/05: Sent I-485/I-130 & I-765 to Chicago lockbox.

05/27/05: Paperwork received by Douglas!

06/17/05: Check hit bank account.

06/20/05: All 3 NOA's rec'vd! TG!

08/02/05: Biometrics , New Orleans. Pretty uneventful.

08/09/05: EAD Approved!

07/12/06: ......still.........waiting.........

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

10/23/06: Interview finally scheduled for 12/14/06.

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

01/17/07: Biometrics scheduled.

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

My little angel, Rachel Erin...born 02/15/07

IM000979.jpg

:( all food looks gross and i'm -_- all the time...oh and I keep breaking out :ranting:

Apart from that i'm ok :P

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
@Nizzy, same here. I'm glad there are other girls going through the same experiences RIGHT NOW with me. I also feel kicks on the sides sometimes but it feels more like my whole belly is moving (not like a foot sticking out or so). He is a very active young man and when I sit and don't sit straight, I think sooner or later he will be able to kick my boobs, haha.

@Allison, the first "real" movement to where you really feel it on the outside I felt around week 19 or 20. Before that I couldn't really tell since this is my first pregnancy. Now, however, it is undenieable and getting on my nerves every now and then cause everytime I watch my belly, he stops moving and as soon as I look away...he kicks again...aarrrggghhhh.

lol...that is soooo funny! I feel lots of kicks and punches on both sides of my stomach at the same time as well. And when I put my hand on my tummy or look to catch him in action he won't do it. There are a few rare times when I catch him. Allison, I noticed mine early but it felt like weird butterflies in my stomach. It was before week 20.

:( all food looks gross and i'm -_- all the time...oh and I keep breaking out :ranting:

Apart from that i'm ok :P

I remember when I would heave at the smell of coffee and sausages cooking on the George Foreman grill. I would wait until everyone had breakfast before emerging from my room. I also found out the hard way not to mix any sort of dairy and my prenatal vitamins. The doctor told me not to take them with milk but for some reason it didn't register when I took them after eating cream of mushroom soup. I know that no one particularly enjoys throwing up but I turn into a big baby and tears start streaming down my face. Don't worry things will get better soon!

Edited by Nizzy

I can't even think about eating chicken and also vegetables (mixed veg) for some odd reason! I'm just having a bad time eating anything! I've barely eaten anything today which can't be good :unsure: I'm gonna make sure I eat dinner though :dead:

My parents have decided to come over for Christmas!! We're super excited (Roshon loves my parents to bits and I've actually lost my place as favourite now :o ) so they are smuggling all my fave English foods over that I miss.....cheese, bacon, pot noodles, flavoured crisps (chips).....I can't wait! My mum will make sure I eat which is another good thing I guess (plus she'll cook for me ;) )!! They'll be here when I find out the gender to (providing everything goes ok :unsure: till then)!!

Well off to see what I can force myself to eat :blink:

It sounds fun having your little ones kicking inside!! I can't wait!

Sam :star:

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Timeline
Sammy, I'm still at that stage, too.

NO way can I look at meat anymore!!

Allison and Sammy. I hope for you that you'll get through this stage real fast. My pregnancy was awesome so far. I didn't have any morning sickness. I had about two weeks where I felt a little queasy during the day and couldn't eat anything except for watermelons, apples and sushi but nothing that really bothered me too much. I also made the mistake of taking my prenatal vitamin after a bowl of clam chowder - needless to say that this was the only time I puked during pregnancy. Then I started breaing the pill in half and take half in the morning and half in the evening with food. Now I'm back to taking that whole darn thing at once for dinner and it works just fine.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi all

I'm on countdown here...10 days till EDD and our baby is as active as ever! The head's engaged but not fully yet, we're only at -2 station so another bit to go :) Can't wait to meet our bundle of joy soon!! And treat myself to some boots when my feet go back to their normal size...currently they resemble Hobbit Feet (minus the icky hair!!)

Sammy, I went off meat during my 1st trimester too...my saving grace was the International aisle in the supermarket where I stocked up on Heinz Beans. Beans on toast was a life saver!! I also had the pregnancy skin breakout too, but from the 2nd trimester on my skin felt soooo soft and never looked better. I think that's also down to my pre-natals which have the essential fish oils and fatty acids.

Irisheyes, I found the "What to Expect" book great too, but another one I loved was "The Best Friend's Guide to Pregnancy". I can't remember who wrote it, but it had me in stitches and really got me out of the medical mind-set that the "What to Expect" had me in.

Allison, I didn't notice any kicks until Week 20/21 as this is my first and I didn't know what I should be feeling. My husband was able to feel them around this time too. They say if you get him to feel your belly with the back of his hand, there's a better chance the baby won't suddenly stop kicking. Apparently the male body temp and pulse is different to a females, and the baby can sense this change and stops kicking!

Best of luck to all the pregnant ladies and newbie Moms!!

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail