Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

MarilyP. You can be sure that all our thoughts are with you and little Noah (as well as your husband). Since I am about as far along as you were, when Noah was born, I worry every day although I think I should worry too much. It is incredible how someone so small and innocent can be so strong and willing to live. He will be doing a lot better soon and will grow into a big little man.

I knew from the beginning how far along I was and the US computer showed the same due date as the midwife had told me. My friend went and had an ultrasound done last week. when she went in she thought she was 10 weeks along, when she came out, she was 13 weeks along, haha.

We had the second US done at 18 weeks and found out that it is a little boy. We both wanted a boy and my husband couldn't stop dancing at the doctors office, while I cried. We are so happy. His name is Adam and we are still thinking about a middle name. I guess I was too curious, I couldn't wait until birth to find out the gender :no:

Edited by Eveline

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i did want a little girl.... I have a suitcase full of little girl clothes that I have been saving for years....

but I love my little boy and hope he grows up to be as handsome as his daddy (L)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

marilyn...

i got a phone call tonight at work that made me sneak onto the puter to make a post to you...

back in the early spring, there was a little boy born at 24 wks gestation... he weighed 741 grams (1 pound 10 ounces)... he had a long stay with us that was like a roller coaster ride for his mom... he fought many battles... his mom called him 'little ant' (short for anthony)

i was his primary nurse (meaning that whenever i worked, i took care of him)... i fell in love with my little man... when he went home, i felt quite the dichotomy... thrilled that he was going home with his mommy finally... and broken hearted that he was leaving me...

his mom called me tonight... he is now 16 pounds and has 3 chins... loves to be naked... laughs and coos... plays with his brother... sleeps thru the night...

just remember 'little ant' when that roller coaster drops down... there are lights at the end of the tunnel

staying strong and involved in noahs care will help him tremendously... there is a remarkable difference in how babies fare depending on how diligent and attentive their parents are... your being there is making a difference for him... and will continue to do so

you and your son remain in my thoughts and prayers

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

So glad to hear little Noah is a fighter!! Thanks for the updates Marilyn and hope you and your husband are doing ok (L)

So went for my first check up today :star: everything was fine, they just asked me a million questions, did some blood/urine tests and then checked my uterus, did PAP test etc!! I really liked the nurse and the staff at the clinic as everyone is so nice! I go on Monday for my ultrasound, so we're excited about that! Then hopefully we should know for sure how far along I am (between 6-8 weeks everyone seems to think!)!!

Sam (F)

There was lots of confusion as to how far along I was too Englishsammy. The doctor initially told me one thing then said that she will see if she can hear the heartbeat but it as uncommon to hear it so early but it shocked us both to hear the little thumping. That's when she said I was further along then we thought and I had to do an ultrasound. Do you eventually want to know the gender?

Hi! I'm looking forward to the ultrasound tomorrow! At least then I'll know how far along I am!! I'm useless :blush: !! I definately want to know if it's a boy or girl - I wish I could know this minute!! I am booked in for an ultrasound on Dec 13th along with the FPT so I'm hoping I can find out then.........but not sure if i'll be far enough along?! I guess I'll know more tomorrow!!

We were supposed to be keeping the pregnancy to ourselfs because I'm still in like the 'danger zone' but Roshon has found that totally impossible and has pretty much told the whole of California!!! :no:

Oh and Roshon asked me if HE had a uterus........ :whistle:

Marilyn - we are still praying for Noah, so glad to hear he's a little fighter (L) stay strong and healthy and keep us updated (F) My brothers step daughter had her baby at around 21 weeks and she weighed 1lb, she was the tinyest thing I've ever seen, she's 3 now and she is the most energetic child i've ever met!!! She's really smart, likes to cuss :lol: , beat up her 7 yr old brother and generally cause havoc!!!!

Sam :star:

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Haha, that is too funny. My husband - when I was about 6 weeks along - said "I don't think our baby (bubble) has a DNA yet...." OH BOY. :lol:

I have a silly question too. Do you know from what month on you can expect strechmarks to appear. I'm always checking in the mirror and I can feel my belly skin being all tight. My mom doesn't have any strechmarks and neither have I (I have gained weight very rapidly when I was 16 only to lose it all again when I was 22) and I lotion all the time. I'm hoping to be one of the lucky ones but I really don't know what to expect.

Edited by Eveline

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Haha, that is too funny. My husband - when I was about 6 weeks along - said "I don't think our baby (bubble) has a DNA yet...." OH BOY. :lol:

I have a silly question too. Do you know from what month on you can expect strechmarks to appear. I'm always checking in the mirror and I can feel my belly skin being all tight. My mom doesn't have any strechmarks and neither have I (I have gained weight very rapidly when I was 16 only to lose it all again when I was 22) and I lotion all the time. I'm hoping to be one of the lucky ones but I really don't know what to expect.

We are pretty much at the same point in pregnancy Eveline. I also haven't noticed stretch marks and was wondering the same thing. I heard a lot of it is genetics and if your mom and grandma had stretchmarks then you will too so maybe you will get lucky in that sense. I have been lotioning (more like slathering) my skin ever since I found out I was pregnant so I hope I don't get any stretchmarks. I think as long as you lotion you can keep those marks to a minimum. How do those celebrities do it? They are waif thin and still don't get stretch marks when they get preggers.

Timeline
marilyn...

i got a phone call tonight at work that made me sneak onto the puter to make a post to you...

back in the early spring, there was a little boy born at 24 wks gestation... he weighed 741 grams (1 pound 10 ounces)... he had a long stay with us that was like a roller coaster ride for his mom... he fought many battles... his mom called him 'little ant' (short for anthony)

i was his primary nurse (meaning that whenever i worked, i took care of him)... i fell in love with my little man... when he went home, i felt quite the dichotomy... thrilled that he was going home with his mommy finally... and broken hearted that he was leaving me...

his mom called me tonight... he is now 16 pounds and has 3 chins... loves to be naked... laughs and coos... plays with his brother... sleeps thru the night...

just remember 'little ant' when that roller coaster drops down... there are lights at the end of the tunnel

staying strong and involved in noahs care will help him tremendously... there is a remarkable difference in how babies fare depending on how diligent and attentive their parents are... your being there is making a difference for him... and will continue to do so

thanks for that (F)

we are just a little worried because the doctor told us a few days ago that he had a 3rd level bleed in his brain....

I am always wondering if I am spending enough time with him....

We always say we might go in the evenings but we never do because I get so tired in the evenings :(

I feel really guilty, like I should be there 24 hours a day but then I have to remind myself that I need to take care of myself too...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

You need to keep well too Marilyn....when my eldest son was a baby he got very sick and ended up in hospital for 6 weeks, I remember it was an exhausting time physically and emotionally.....remember also you have just given birth and need to recover from that, give yourself time to get stronger in every way....Noah is in the best hands right now. (F)(F)

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Marilyn baby Noah looks like he is growing. Are those newer pics then the ones posted before? I see a difference in his size so I don't know if it is the camera angle or my eyes. You do indeed need to take care of yourself because you have to be strong for him. We continue to think about him and pray for him.

marilyn...

thanks for that (F)

we are just a little worried because the doctor told us a few days ago that he had a 3rd level bleed in his brain....

I am always wondering if I am spending enough time with him....

We always say we might go in the evenings but we never do because I get so tired in the evenings :(

I feel really guilty, like I should be there 24 hours a day but then I have to remind myself that I need to take care of myself too...

just being there for a little bit each day right now is plenty enough... you need to get your rest to heal yourself and keep strong for your son... as he improves, you will feel better and be able to spend a little more time with him... also remember that he needs time without any disturbances to grow and fight his internal battles... you have probably seen that the nurses will "cluster" his care, meaning doing as many things at one time so as not to disturb him any more often than they have to...

altho it is cause for concern, the bleeding in his brain could resolve... they will repeat the head ultrasounds to monitor it...

noah is in the cadilllac of isolettes... i can see from the pictures that he has some of the best equipment available... the nurses are doing a great job with his positioning and creating boundaries to help him feel safe and secure... one thing you could do is get one of those mini tape recorders and tape yours and your hubbys voice reading, singing or just talking to noah... take it with you and ask the nurses if you can place it in noahs isolette... then you can be with him, even when you are home... depending on his status, the nurse may suggest that it wait for a few days, but if you ask and bring it, then they can put it in with him whenever it is a good time

if the nurses havent already talked to you about it, you could ask them about pumping your breastmilk and freezing it for noah... there are incredible benefits to using breastmilk if it is something you decide to do... its another thing that only you can do for him... if you decide to pump, it is something that you could do while sitting with him or while at home... just remember to drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated and encourage your supply

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Timeline

I have been pumping since the day after I gave birth... I have quite a collection already... I wasn't plannig on breast feeding but I figured with him being a preemie I wanted to give him as many chances as possible....

Yeah, those pics are newer then the one I posted earlier... yeah he does look bigger..at least I think so...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Marilyn,

I just happened to peek abck into the baby thread and wanted to post an update about our little girl and then I read about your little boy. What can I say? My heart goes out to you and your family. All the best. May the little guy pull through and grow strong!

Update: Our little angel started sleeping through the nights a few days ago. Not consistent yet but most the time she sleeps from about 11:30 - 12:00 to about 6:30 - 7:00 in the morning. That's pretty amazing, I think, seeing that she's just a month and 4 days old. The first night she slept through was last Sat - Sun. She wasn't even 4 weeks then. And she gets cuter each and every day, too.

FH000007.jpg

FH000013.jpg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Marilyn, thanks for the update. I am still praying

Naomi is BEAUTIFUL

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system