Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
I am wearing my first pair of maternity pants today... you know the ones with the funky panel in the front :P...

I bought them at a secondhand store.... the tag said $5 but when I got up to the cashier she said my total was $1.37... I guess that colour tag was 75% off that day :thumbs: .... They look almost brand new....

I showed the pants to my hubby and at first he thought the panel thing was for my butt... :lol: he had never seen a pair of maternity pants before :huh:

lol...yeah maternity pants are funny...I can't find any that fit me...they are all too big but I bought small sizes and they are mostly cotton so I am hoping they shrink. Maybe I will grow into them...Maternity tops are another story. I actually fit into those now and now everyone can tell I'm preggers where as before it would come to a shock to them when they would find out. I went into Old Navy one day and they were having a huge sale where everything that was on sale was an extra 50% off so I stocked up! Maternity clothes (that are actually cute) are soooo expensive.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:D

Ok...so we just found out I'm pregnant :unsure: I'm thinking 6 weeks

Its totally unplanned and erm definatly a surprise.....

We have one major problem...no health insurance! I know someone else was askin this question but couldn't find their post...any suggestions? I was told to go to Medi-Cal but i'm not allowed right? Currently going through AOS.

Any advice on what to do is greatly appreciated...Its more the pre-natal care i'm worried about - I know I can always go back to England for the birth is necessary!

Thanks everyone!

Sam :help:

Congratulations!!!! :dance::dance:

Im about 6 weeks too- we had our first ultrasound earlier this week- and the little bean was measuring 6 weeks 1 day- its little heart was beating like a trooper! It was so cool! Cant wait for my next one in 4 weeks!

As for the insurance- my friend is in the same position as you. An option would be to find a birthing center, where you can recieve all the pre-natal care (all kinds of cool classes, tests etc.) for much cheaper than you would get elsewhere. Her whole package is $4000, but this does not include birth- she is going elsewhere for that. So that could be an option for you, and then return to the UK for the birth if you cant afford to do it here. Hope that helps :thumbs:

Congrats again (F)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am wearing my first pair of maternity pants today... you know the ones with the funky panel in the front :P...

I bought them at a secondhand store.... the tag said $5 but when I got up to the cashier she said my total was $1.37... I guess that colour tag was 75% off that day :thumbs: .... They look almost brand new....

I showed the pants to my hubby and at first he thought the panel thing was for my butt... :lol: he had never seen a pair of maternity pants before :huh:

lol...yeah maternity pants are funny...I can't find any that fit me...they are all too big but I bought small sizes and they are mostly cotton so I am hoping they shrink. Maybe I will grow into them...Maternity tops are another story. I actually fit into those now and now everyone can tell I'm preggers where as before it would come to a shock to them when they would find out. I went into Old Navy one day and they were having a huge sale where everything that was on sale was an extra 50% off so I stocked up! Maternity clothes (that are actually cute) are soooo expensive.

i have the opposite problem.. I can't find clothes big enough... not that I am huge or anything but I am on the low end of the plus sizes and I guess they think the only thing pregnant plus size women want to wear is sweat pants and sweat shirts.... :P because that is all I can seem to find...

All the cute maternity wear I see is always too small... :(

I had a doctor's appointment today and the nurse weighed me and said I gained about a pound and a half since my last appoinment about a month ago... she said that was good and not to worry because further down the line the baby will start putting on weight and to remember to eat for one not two.......

but then the doctor came in and was looking over my file and said "you only gained a pound?" :unsure:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

i have the opposite problem.. I can't find clothes big enough... not that I am huge or anything but I am on the low end of the plus sizes and I guess they think the only thing pregnant plus size women want to wear is sweat pants and sweat shirts.... :P because that is all I can seem to find...

All the cute maternity wear I see is always too small... :(

I had a doctor's appointment today and the nurse weighed me and said I gained about a pound and a half since my last appoinment about a month ago... she said that was good and not to worry because further down the line the baby will start putting on weight and to remember to eat for one not two.......

but then the doctor came in and was looking over my file and said "you only gained a pound?" :unsure:

If it's in your budget, try going to Old Navy they had some really cute stuff in all sizes. If it wasn't for that sale I would have bought one or two items. Yeah a lot of the doctors and nurses tell me that eating for two is just something that people say and it is not recommended. I don't eat too much but I do eat what I crave. The good thing is that I crave healthy as well as not so healthy stuff so I've got balance going on. Do you have any specific cravings Marilyn? I haven't noticed anything too specific...sometimes I want salty sometimes sour and sometimes hottttt. I do crave coffee quite a lot but that's cause i was a coffee fanatic before this pregnancy.

...I don't eat too much but I do eat what I crave. The good thing is that I crave healthy as well as not so healthy stuff so I've got balance going on. Do you have any specific cravings Marilyn? I haven't noticed anything too specific...sometimes I want salty sometimes sour and sometimes hottttt. ...

Pras has told me that a common way she could diagnose (she worked as Dr. in a rural Primary Health Centre) pregnancy was by the women's craving for GREEN (as in unripe, as in really sour) mangoes.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline
So far I've lost a few pounds from throwing everything up...

I think its starting to subside a little..

Awww it will go away before you know it then it's on to the chili cheese fries and burritos! Yummyy!

...I don't eat too much but I do eat what I crave. The good thing is that I crave healthy as well as not so healthy stuff so I've got balance going on. Do you have any specific cravings Marilyn? I haven't noticed anything too specific...sometimes I want salty sometimes sour and sometimes hottttt. ...

Pras has told me that a common way she could diagnose (she worked as Dr. in a rural Primary Health Centre) pregnancy was by the women's craving for GREEN (as in unripe, as in really sour) mangoes.

The funny thing is that I craved those things before pregnancy all throughout my life. Sour things would dissappear from our fridge as soon as my mom brought it from the grocery store.

Hi everyone...

So after getting over the initial shock!! We are now really quite excited...and at the same time worried :blush: as I'm about 6.5 weeks.....can't wait to hit that 12 week mark :unsure: !! So we think my due date is May 20th...although I should know more when I got for my ultrasound next week...can't wait for that either but i'm also a little nervous!!!

Most of my jeans are already a bit small??!!? and my boobs are all swollen (but i like it :P )...

Keep seeing super cute baby things..but don't wanna jinx ourselves...jeez i'm so paranoid right now!!

Sam :luv:

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sam, I remember that nervousness....you'll feel much better after the ultrasound...

Then, if you're like me, after the 12 week mark, you'll start worrying about pre-term labor...LOL.

Congrats!!!

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Timeline

Congratulations Englishsammy. I agree with KiKi you will feel so much differently after your first ultrasound. My pregnancy was a susprise to us as well so I still have moments of panic but when he starts kicking it changes my doubts and I can't wait to meet him.

Thanks guys :blush: I'll let you know how the ultra sound goes! We're excited about it! :luv:

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to let you all know that I went into premature labor on Thursday .... our baby was born later that night... He was born 1 pound 3 ounces and 23 weeks old....

He is doing ok right now and he is in the hands of the best doctors and nurses in the area.....

Just keep him in your thoughts and prayers.....

we named him Noah William.....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Just wanted to let you all know that I went into premature labor on Thursday .... our baby was born later that night... He was born 1 pound 3 ounces and 23 weeks old....

He is doing ok right now and he is in the hands of the best doctors and nurses in the area.....

you and your son will be in our thoughts and prayers... remember to take care of yourself so that you can be there to take care of your son

*hugs n kisses

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Omg Marilyn, you, hubby and baby Noah are in my thoughts and prayers. (F)

Marilyn, if you want to talk or email me please feel free to do so. My son was born 2 months premature 18 years ago and while he wasn't quite as tiny as Noah is, I still know the worry and stress you're feeling right about now, girl. :unsure:

Praying for you. (L)

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"